Sign in to follow this  
sbczyz

CJ4 spontaneous engine shutdown

I've been experiencing spontaneous engine shut down on the Citation CJ4. Its always the left engine. It is with both modded and unmodded formats. I watch the engine temps and overspeeds. My engine failures are off. I don't see duplicate button bindings. I'd be glad for any suggestions.

Do you have any controller bound to the mixture axis?  This can affect the run/stop button on the CJ4 though it usually affects both engines simultaneously.  It's possible to get it to work with the CJ4 but you have to be aware of where the mixture lever is depending on if you are starting engines or flying etc.   Moving it around at least once may be required to sync up it's position in the game too.

I'm not seeing this on my end.  Is this pre or post v1.9.5?

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I flew CJ4 mod for around 2 hours  without any problems. However, I removed A320 mod as they were in conflict 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Thanks for the replies. I do have a throttle quadrant and will max the mixture next time - and this was both pre and post update. If necessary I'll try removing the 320 NEO mod.

Edited by sbczyz

I set my props and mixture to max on the quadrant and was able to complete a flight without issue. Thanks for the suggestion. I will update if the problem returns using this method.