Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

This sim sure triggers people...

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

What I find extremely mind boggling is that I started a thread showing my displeasure with how certain things have not been addressed by ASOBO and I was attacked. I was told to take a break from simming and go fly a real plane. I was even told to calm down.

This happens because of a lack of leadership at both ASOBO and AVSIM. Leaders know how to handle these things. I would not add a down vote button, I'd simply ban the user forever.

That's how we make AVSIM great again. 😀

Its the wording you use, it looks like you are terribly upset, seems like your shouting and having a fit over a video gamr. Your criticism is, maybe, legit, but its the form you use to express it. And its a shame, i think, i know, you'r a pretty cool guy, you make good points on various topics i come across, but when you'r all out on Asobo, it looks like you'r surfing the wave of "controversial threads that gets a lot of views". 

So yea, calm down, its useless anyway, its not going to change anything to get upset about it. 

Take your turbo bonanza  to Sicilia, its very relaxing 😄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Your criticism is, maybe, legit

😄

Maybe? It's legit!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Maybe? It's legit!

Your issues are legit, your way of criticizing them, maybe not so much 🙂

11 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Your issues are legit, your way of criticizing them, maybe not so much 🙂

That's fair. The ability of one to develop his/her's communication skill is an art form.

Maybe I need to go back to Toastmasters and redo all my speeches for competent communicator and competent leader, since it's apparent that I still don't know what I'm doing. 😀

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Of course...this thread triggered more people. I just wonder if allowing a $100 game to upset you for what is probably going to be the next year is really worth it. Again, i get the frustration. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

28 minutes ago, DJJose said:

That's fair. The ability of one to develop his/her's communication skill is an art form.

Maybe I need to go back to Toastmasters and redo all my speeches for competent communicator and competent leader, since it's apparent that I still don't know what I'm doing. 😀

Just like you want Asobo's dev to go back to "devs school" 😄

By the way, what the hell is Toasmasters? 😄

15 hours ago, RobJC said:

But still, it is a work in progress and it is going to take many months to sort this out.

It's sad to me that this mentality has been normalized in software engineering, all thanks to the EULA and digital downloads. Imagine if we applied this logic to furniture, appliances or vehicles. As for "just a game", we paid real money for a product that makes certain promises via its marketing, so I'm not okay using this as an excuse to happily accept that product being broken.

On the other hand, losing one's mind over these bugs is not a solution either. Personally, I'm disappointed but not angry, and I am hopeful that you are right in that eventually all this will be sorted out.

Edited by Keto Ketchup
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

It's sad to me that this mentality has been normalized in software engineering

Agree that it's somewhat normalized in some software engineering, but by no means all.  

Some industries take software engineering as serious as life & death itself, not saying that to be melodramatic, as I'm directly involved in an industry that if bad code makes it to the patient's bedside workstation when the nurse is documenting vitals or administering meds, well...you know. 😉

Anyway...not going into the woods on this, I know you surely meant that the mentality has been normalized in some software engineering fields.

I'm no happier than you that the product is not working fully as advertised and reasons for this are being bandied around, but for what it is, I'm taking your approach in being hopeful, optimistic but realistic at the same time...and just enjoying what I have now (I'm one of the few it seems that is having less-than-average issues with the sim...I paint myself lucky I guess) 🙂

And fully agree that regardless of the field of interest, all commercial products should adhere to a standard and not use the "just a game" mentality (I don't think MS/AS ever pulled that card, we as simmers, seem to imply that for them when we try to guess why they do what they do...unless I missed a quote somewhere from the devs) 😉

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

14 hours ago, 2reds2whites said:

The BS at the end of your name is entirely appropriate. 

The "bs" = bean sprout... 😊

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I understand that people get frustrated, but I wish people would realize that they are very much preaching to the choir about the people who didn't show up to church.  To my knowledge, nobody from Asobo/MS reads here, so all you're doing is getting nasty with your fellow simmers.  Remember that this is a community of your fellow simmers, not your open megaphone to MS.  

Obviously bug reports are useful if done in a constructive manner.  That way, when/if others run across them they don't need to spend much time with them, wondering if they are specific to us.  What I saw here yesterday though was just nasty and overly emotional.  I had to log off from this place.  I mean, this is a hobby most of us do for fun, right?  Yesterday was not fun.  Heck, I went back on my work laptop to "relax".  

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

1 hour ago, Keto Ketchup said:

As for "just a game", we paid real money for a product that makes certain promises via its marketing, so I'm not okay using this as an excuse to happily accept that product being broken.

I go to dinner with the wife. The meal was not the best. We dropped $100 on it. I had partial value, as I am not hungry anymore. I might comment that the food didn't live up to the expectations, and I might not recommend the restaurant if it happened more than once. But I am not going to rage over a $100 meal. It just isn't worth it. I just move on. If the future reviews are better, maybe I give them another try. 

I have spent 146 hours in this sim. Subtracting downloads, let's say it was 120 hours. I am still way ahead and there is a decent chance this sim gets better and better. That doesn't excuse the state the software is in today, but I have already gotten my money's worth. Just need to be patient. 

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 minutes ago, RobJC said:

I go to dinner with the wife. The meal was not the best. We dropped $100 on it. I had partial value, as I am not hungry anymore. I might comment that the food didn't live up to the expectations, and I might not recommend the restaurant if it happened more than once. But I am not going to rage over a $100 meal.

You and I obviously live in different economic strata. I haven't spent $100 on a meal since, well, EVER, and if I did and it was subpar, I certainly would let somebody know about it.

Maybe if your Ferrari constantly broke down on the side of the road, you'd feel a little more empathy for those who get frustrated with the bugs in what might be an expensive game to them.

BTW, threads that rage against people raging are somewhat hypocritical, are they not? You seem more upset that are people are upset (and you have zero money invested in my happiness) than you are with the bugs that upset them, bugs in a product you did invest in. That's cool, whatever trips your trigger! 😉

30 minutes ago, n4gix said:

The "bs" = bean sprout... 😊

Because I like to find humor in EVERYTHING....I instantly thought of this when I saw bs:

Fast forward to 1:45 if you don't want to see one of the funniest Pixar short films in history!

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

What I don't understand is why people are whining about the bugs on THIS forum.

Nobody here can do anything about the issues, so what's the point? 
Either file a bug report at the appropriate place, or get on with your life.

But starting a new thread on every little issue you come across — on a user forum — achieves exactly nothing (other than making you sound like a whiny baby).

(Asking for a temporary fix for a problem is a different issue, but that's not what all these threads are about — they're just complaining — to nobody in particular.)

• Like 2