Sign in to follow this  
Eclex

REX Weather force not working

Anyone else have this problem. I tried several airports around the world and USA. No transfer of wx data to the new MSFS.

Update: I did get this working again. , see below

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Probably has to do with today’s update . I haven’t bought it yet . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Well to be fair, it wasn't working consistently before the patch, so I've seen no change since the patch. 

We performed several internal tests with the new build with no issue.

I recommend you uninstall all versions, then re-install and see if that fixes the issue.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Works perfect after todays patch, I loaded a flight between 2 reporting stations and the weather was spot on.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

42 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Works perfect after todays patch, I loaded a flight between 2 reporting stations and the weather was spot on.

Todays patch ? not seeing mine needed to be patched Rick 

Rich Sennett

Ok, somehow I got it connecting properly. My technique is to monitor the baro pressure while flying. If it is exactly 29.92, I assume something is amiss.

My last flight near Victoria Canada showed the clouds appear, but not the BARO yet. When I entered the next Metar area the BARO did correct. 

Maybe under Rex settings I should enable 'instant weather load', which defaults to OFF.

Thanks for the response,   Dave

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

13 minutes ago, Eclex said:

Ok, somehow I got it connecting properly. My technique is to monitor the baro pressure while flying. If it is exactly 29.92, I assume something is amiss.

My last flight near Victoria Canada showed the clouds appear, but not the BARO yet. When I entered the next Metar area the BARO did correct. 

Maybe under Rex settings I should enable 'instant weather load', which defaults to OFF.

Thanks for the response,   Dave

Try hitting the "B" shortcut key in sim - seems to get things rolling along nicely  

Rich Sennett

Yes, I was hitting the 'B' key all the time. But nothing was happening...

I have two monitors going, and I know that I have to keep focus on the FS one by mouse clicking

on it before using the "B' key.  Still confused.

Edited by Eclex
  • Like 1

Dave Swigert

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Todays patch ? not seeing mine needed to be patched Rick 

The MSFS 2020 patch, Not REX.....

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

NM Wrong answer!

Edited by RW1

tpewpb-6.png

6 hours ago, rstough said:

We performed several internal tests with the new build with no issue.

I recommend you uninstall all versions, then re-install and see if that fixes the issue.

Hi Reed

Working great for me today after the sim update but I did notice im still seeing temperatures at altitude always lower than whats displayed on the rex winds aloft area, EG today I was at 5000 feet and according to rex it was supposed to be 8 degrees but the sim was 2 degrees. Did you say in the past that you were aware of this temp injection issue, sorry i cant remember

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

16 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Hi Reed

Working great for me today after the sim update but I did notice im still seeing temperatures at altitude always lower than whats displayed on the rex winds aloft area, EG today I was at 5000 feet and according to rex it was supposed to be 8 degrees but the sim was 2 degrees. Did you say in the past that you were aware of this temp injection issue, sorry i cant remember

Cheers

Wayne

Hi Wayne, 

We started investigating this today, and tomorrow we're putting our main focus on temps aloft. Our initial analysis shows the correct data is being pushed in.

Since certain aircraft may be playing more of a role than others, we ask that if anyone notices this issue to please let us know which aircraft, as well as the intended and reported temps. 

Thank you.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

2 minutes ago, timest said:

Hi Wayne, 

We started investigating this today, and tomorrow we're putting our main focus on temps aloft. Our initial analysis shows the correct data is being pushed in.

Since certain aircraft may be playing more of a role than others, we ask that if anyone notices this issue to please let us know which aircraft, as well as the intended and reported temps. 

Thank you.

Thanks I'll get onto that later and send some details, I have only been flying the c172 steam gauges, temp matches on the ground but up through 2500 and above the temps are reporting lower than the Rex screen, I'll send a specific example

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K