Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Live Weather is no longer immersive!

98WcjC2.png

qMVXvFb.jpg

With these two images you can see the current weather situation of the northern Alps.

The visualisation in the sim is 100%. I can see very clearly the border of bad weather and sunshine.

QNH and temps do also match

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember one of my first experiences in this sim was to take off and head south towards the Southern UK coast, with Southamption to my right

I was in in broken conditions, and you could see full overcast with a rain storm over Southampton, which exactly matched the local weather real-time rain radar. it was breathtaking at the time

19 minutes ago, EGLD said:

I remember one of my first experiences in this sim was to take off and head south towards the Southern UK coast, with Southamption to my right

I was in in broken conditions, and you could see full overcast with a rain storm over Southampton, which exactly matched the local weather real-time rain radar. it was breathtaking at the time

If memory serves that is kind of the default weather for Southampton. I think they blow the rain over from Portsmouth.

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

Never saw a simulator where everytime there's a cloud there's also a thunderstorm, not mentioning everytime the weather in MSFS never matches real world temperature, pressure, wind, visibility or ceiling.

I did not ask about that did I, answer my question you quoted.

If you have a problem grasping the question I will ask you again, link me a sim that does weather depiction anything like MSFS and is perfect as you want it to be. 

Link it, or just aspect the sim is only 2 months old and it has not got everything perfect yet and live with that.

I only fly with live weather and in 30 years of simming I have never see anything close to the leave of weather depiction it brings, is the weather perfect as IRL everytime no, but it's that good I don't care and I don't boohoo just because at the moment there is a thunderstorm were they should not be. Fixer are coming every few week. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

31 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I did not ask about that did I, answer my question you quoted.

If you have a problem grasping the question I will ask you again, link me a sim that does weather depiction anything like MSFS and is perfect as you want it to be. 

Link it, or just aspect the sim is only 2 months old and it has not got everything perfect yet and live with that.

I only fly with live weather and in 30 years of simming I have never see anything close to the leave of weather depiction it brings, is the weather perfect as IRL everytime no, but it's that good I don't care and I don't boohoo just because at the moment there is a thunderstorm were they should not be. Fixer are coming every few week. 

You don't care, I do care. ATM FSX with ASN is more accurate as at least it gives you real weather in airports 100% of the time. 

Live weather is broken since Alpha and they are still investigating ... don't know what they are investigating as the issue is pretty clear, but that's what they said in the latest development update

Edited by Jeeeno

I guess it partly depends on how you derive your sense of immersion.

If you get it from high fidelity representations of current conditions as expressed in metars, pireps etc. then maybe you might not be satisfied.

If you get it from a sense of being in a plausible, real-world and dynamic situation, you might be more satisfied. I just flew out of a storm front into clearer air over xMauritiusx Madagascar with live weather. To be honest I don’t care if the storm actually existed over the particular mountain range I was going over, but the feeling of relief when I was out of it was almost real.

That’s how I get my immersion .

Edited by scotchegg
I’m in my cups and confused Madagascar with Mauritius.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

33 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

You don't care, I do care. ATM FSX with ASN is more accurate as at least it gives you real weather in airports 100% of the time. 

So you think the weather in FSX with ASN is better? Please post some screenshots so we can all enjoy the "real weather in airports 100% of the time" .

I look forward to looking at 2D sprites and all that it brings. Looks so realistic!!!!!.

Post away....go on, load up FSX and post here this perfect 100% weather you like so much. We all could do with a good lol.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I hope you are wrong, OP, because what you are describing sounds terrible. The "clouds on the horizon" is one of my favorite features of this new sim.

21 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

If you get it from a sense of being in a plausible, real-world and dynamic situation, you might be more satisfied. I just flew out of a storm front into clearer air over Mauritius with live weather. To be honest I don’t care if the storm actually existed over the particular mountain range I was going over, but the feeling of relief when I was out of it was almost relief.

That’s how I get my immersion .

Totally agree. The feeling that the weather matters has never been so strong. It also looks for the first time totally believable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Lightning issue was never everywhere, and has been fixed now (for me at least) in the latest patch.

Actually I have to partially retract this. I’ve just had a load of lightning in a fairly clear sky. Oh well, apart from that...

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Not perfect buts its getting there,I see plenty of clouds where there are no thunderstorms

I am wondering if this is due to differences in regions of the world.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

37 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Its very immersive, always, all the time. 

Its amazing. 

👎

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

49 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Live weather is broken

It may not be 100% perfect (what is?) but it is not broken. Period.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StoneDoor said:

It may not be 100% perfect (what is?) but it is not broken. Period.

Ok lol ... word not allowed are just blind sometimes, but it's ok