Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Live Weather is no longer immersive!

11 hours ago, fppilot said:

If you have experienced that and have been comfortable with it, then I am guessing you had a long career as a drummer in a rock band.  LOL!

Haha. Well, I have tinnitus. Both a constant high pitch noise and some high pitched spikes. So I'm used to weird sounds. 

It still makes me roll my eyes though, whenever random lightning and thunder happens in nearly clear skies in the sim. It just doesn't bug me much.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 hours ago, guenseli said:

98WcjC2.png

qMVXvFb.jpg

With these two images you can see the current weather situation of the northern Alps.

The visualisation in the sim is 100%. I can see very clearly the border of bad weather and sunshine.

QNH and temps do also match

Weather in the sim is based off forecast and not observed weather.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

I don't disagree with OP's opinion that the weather transitions are too rough, but I was observing that before the patches. One of the first flights I did, I took off in minimums or slightly below (hey, it's not like I'll die if I crash 😉 ). Flew for about a minute inside a ping pong ball and all of a sudden it was clear. Not a cloud in the sky. The weather has needed a "cross fade" function from the get go.

2 hours ago, intheshadow said:

Apart from missing fog mist haze low vis...

You can enable that in the .js file.  The author does note that it can cause some frame rate issues, but you can kind of mitigate that by having the METAR updates occur every 15 minutes instead of the default 3 minutes.  You can probably tweak that for an adequate compromise.