Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

Realsimgear now compatible with FS2020

@monica6211 I know they are trying to get their plugin to not require to be reinstalled after each update (I believe the latest one, that runs automatically when MSFS loads) fixes that issue.  I may be wrong though (so many plugins to keep up with - hehehe).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Hmm, I have followed  your suggestton but thnothing works except the CDI button... any ideas?

If you look at the RealSimGear device interface and press the CDI button do you see anything under the command column? (to confirm the button is working)

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 hours ago, monica6211 said:

I have noticed every time the sim is updated, I usually have to run the RealSimGear Installer to get everything working again. It only takes a few seconds, but works every time for me.

@Phantoms you asked if, for those that used RSG with RealityXP in previous sims, did it work with all planes (even those that didn't have the 530)?

In other sims like X-Plane11 and P3D, the RealSimGear will drive the radios on some aircraft, and not others. I'm not sure why. But it doesn't work with many aircraft, and it won't affect any of the G1000 aircraft.

I think I may cause a little confusion with this post. RSG does work with just about any aircraft that has a 430 or 530, whether it is default or RXP. I don't know it it will work with the Flight1 GNS's since I don't have them(yet). And this is true to X-Plane and P3D. But it will not drive other avionics like the G1000 or G3000, or other nav/coms (talking about the RSG 430/530 here).

And something else I figured I should post here regarding RSG 430/530 combo with MSFS. With a normal install of the RSG 430/530 software, it will drive both the default GNS430 and the GNS530, and on aircraft like the C172 classic that has them both. With the default gauges, both work independent of each other. However, I found out that when you install the GNS530 mod, the nav/coms no longer work independently. When you change the frequency on on, it changes it on the other as well. The other screens and functions still work independent of each other, only the frequencies change together. I was going to post this earlier, but wanted to verify it on my setup first to make sure, which I have done now. I hope the group that is modding the 530 also puts out a modded 430. That would be really awesome. The 530 mod, if you haven't tried it, really adds alot of extra functionality to the GNS530.

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

If you look at the RealSimGear device interface and press the CDI button do you see anything under the command column? (to confirm the button is working)

Hi Dave sure, it changes from GPS to VLOC and that is all that works. Nothing else. I can change things on the virtual GNS which of course shows on the RSG display, but as I say, no buttons except the CDI button seem to work. I am running the latest RSG version 3.1.9. I have downloaded the latest Mooney and installed with and without the suggested changes to the panel cfg.  EDIT: All sorted! I reinstalled the Mooney, as there was an update. All seems to work fine now. Thanks for your support.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

12 hours ago, Little Jenny said:

Make sure you have the latest firmware (3.1.9) and MSFS plugin.  

3.1.9 yes,when you say plugin, if you mean the RSG FSX/P3D/MSFS installer, then yes.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

3.1.9 yes,when you say plugin, if you mean the RSG FSX/P3D/MSFS installer, then yes.

Happy to see you go got your RSG hardware working.  👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

EDIT: All sorted! I reinstalled the Mooney, as there was an update. All seems to work fine now. Thanks for your support.

Oops I read your initial message the opposite of what you said, sorry!  Glad you got it sorted, these are great pieces of gear.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU