Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Consensus is patch 1.9.5 was a step in the right direction?

7 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

I hope Bill Gates is losing sleep over this .

Bill Gates isn’t aware of this.

Chris

Am I missing something isnt P3d V5 still in Beta?

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:21 PM, pmb said:

I would vote for a beta (and, maybe, alpha) branch were you can opt in or out, as has been suggested several times. X-Plane and AeroflyFS2 have this and this scheme works pretty well.

Kind regards, Michael

Yep, it would be a good idea if they look at the positives of other sims more actively!

In the last Q&A they mentioned to have mainly focused on their vision rather than investigating other sims. It would greatly benefit their work to look what other sims are doing better -> scenery gateway, Better Pushback (community tho), etc.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Realistic waves (Direction, strength) are nice to have for those of us flying low in lake countries (Alaska for instance) for water landing or ground landing without windsock. As is vegetation bending in the wind by the way. 

Also it is a important component of eye candy immersion  for sceneries, like trees for instance. The better they look/act, the better is the immersion.

MSF predecessors were sorely lacking in the wave department. The new sim wants to be the next gen VFR sim so we expect better waves. Simple.

I sort of get everyone’s take on the water department but im sure there’s more complex things to work on now for Asobo then the water now . 

again just to clarify my reply that you quoted was just a reaction to the need focus of some that had made this situation bigger than it is compared to other problems/issues currently being worked on now . 
I know when flying vfr its noce to have wind s trees and water react realistically according to what’s going on outside.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

Yep, it would be a good idea if they look at the positives of other sims more actively!

In the last Q&A they mentioned to have mainly focused on their vision rather than investigating other sims. It would greatly benefit their work to look what other sims are doing better -> scenery gateway, Better Pushback (community tho), etc.

Yup, agreed. Asobo should take the good ideas from the other sims.  

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

11 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

They are probably not.

But Asobo has been bending over backwards to please, and consequently seems to be getting it from both ends.

One faction asks for a change and Asobo obliges.

Another faction screams bloody murder and demands a reversion to the previous..... whatever.

Eventually Asobo will begin locking things down to what they find both pleasing, and doable and will begin ignoring the seething sea of contrary requests.

Because as its said: You can't please everybody.

It may be insane to even try.

I think it can be pretty objective though.  All Asobo has to do is get a high resolution real life video of that location, with the given winds and day/time, and check how accurately MSFS models the water in the real life video.  For example, with respect to the water not looking good when the conditions are calm, Asobo can get some real life video shot in the sea around France, on a calm day, and then try to reproduce that in MSFS.  Then Asobo keeps refining MSFS until it matches the water in the real life video.

The reason why there are "factions" is because people are saying some things don't really resemble what it looks like in real life.  When Asobo models MSFS correctly, these factions will probably die down.  At the moment, if a large group of people are saying the water looks off for calm weather conditions, there is probably merit to what this large group of people are saying.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM