Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

1.9.5.0 is cooking my GPU again

I would rma your 2070 as it seems broken to me. Have been building computers for 40 years. It is a compleye waste of Asobo resources to investigate your spurious claims. CJ

Purely anecdotally, I ran Windows Gamebar on my humble GTX 1650 after installing the patch and it was at 93% capacity, roughly the same as pre-patch. Didn't look at temperatures but didn't incur any stability issues during a ~50 min flight.

6 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

I would rma your 2070 as it seems broken to me. Have been building computers for 40 years. It is a compleye waste of Asobo resources to investigate your spurious claims. CJ

I was considering it and you may be right.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

50 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Good for you dude. Enjoy the simulator. I wouldn't whine about this if the behavior of this wasn't changing for me from one version to another starting from alpha versions 1.4.x.

I'm just saying perhaps the issue is on your end as it would appear, already, you are the outlier.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

21 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I was considering it and you may be right.

I rest my case.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 minutes ago, Noel said:

I rest my case.

It passes all of the stress tests, P3D runs like a champ on it. I am still not buying the GPU being faulty, I said I was considering it not that I was convinced. 

Listen, I'm glad most of the people are not experiencing it, but there were multiple threads open on this in both alpha, beta (lol) and in retail. This behavior goes away from one version to another since March, take it for what you want. This may not be a wide spread issue, but it certainly is happening not just to me. I'm clearly annoyed because of it and I have every right to be, I paid for this software and it fails from one version to another. 

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I thought I had a GPU over temp condition..  Black Screen and or shutdown. (I know, two different symptoms.) Also, I run everything on Ultra.  I used Afterburner to change GPU fan profile and tried some different profiles for limiting the clock and voltage,  These seemed to work, but I got a couple more errors and checked my CPU temp and it was almost on fire.   I checked my BIOS and the CPU fan and water cooler heat exchanger fan were set to quiet.  Set them to performance and now she runs like a banshee.   (although, it sounds like an aircraft winding up)  I have flown 4 hour flights with CPU and GPU temps well within limits. 

Attempting logic here.  (dangerous)  IF nothing on the PC changed other than the patch, and most people are not having the problem, could it be that the patch somehow changed your graphic settings and pushed your GPU into over temp?  True, should not have done this, but trying to rule out all possibilities.  Good Luck, I know it is frustrating when things don't work

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a 10700k running at 5.1ghz and a 2080 super oc using the new gfe auto overclock feature and at full load my gpu temp is 70c. It's obvious the op needs better cooling 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Good for you dude. Enjoy the simulator. I wouldn't whine about this if the behavior of this wasn't changing for me from one version to another starting from alpha versions 1.4.x.

Have you ever considered it was something on your end? If it was a widespread issue with GPU saturation or blackscreens, there would be significantly more posts about this issue.

Couple of things - MSFS stresses the GPU like no other sim, and can expose voltage drops in your system that you may never knew you had. Assuming your power supply is adequate (the recommended for a 2070 was 700w +), try running two separate power cables directly from the PS to the PCIe connectors and see if that shows any improvement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

It passes all of the stress tests, P3D runs like a champ on it. I am still not buying the GPU being faulty, I said I was considering it not that I was convinced. 

Listen, I'm glad most of the people are not experiencing it, but there were multiple threads open on this in both alpha, beta (lol) and in retail. This behavior goes away from one version to another since March, take it for what you want. This may not be a wide spread issue, but it certainly is happening not just to me. I'm clearly annoyed because of it and I have every right to be, I paid for this software and it fails from one version to another. 

Drop your GPU clocks and see if it still happens.

Instead of blaming the patch for causing a thermal overload on your system, perhaps you need to verify that your symptoms are caused by a thermal overload and then determine why your current system is inadequately being cooled.

CPUID HW Monitor will be able to give you all the information you need and will note the maximum temperature of nearly every component in your system.

But go ahead and blame it on the patch without taking any temperature readings.  No worries.

I'm sure it's just the MELT_CUSTOMER_GPU = 1 flag has been set in the Asobo_destroy_customer_pc.cfg file.  (facepalm)

• Like 1

So much of this depends on PC case airflow.  All the fans in the world won't help if the hot spot is in a dead zone regardless of how much air flow there might be.  Check the exhaust air and if it is not really really hot with high GPU/CPU temps then that heat is building up in the case.  As these rigs require more power and the PSU wattage gets higher then cooling efficiency is going to be increasingly important.

Are you monitoring your GPU temps or just assuming it's a thermal issue?

Your card should be capable of running at 100% while remaining within its thermal limits. If it isn't, then your complaint shouldn't be that the sim is maxing out your card, this is illogical.

• Like 3

In 20+ years of gaming I've never had a game over heat my PC. Either somthing is messed up with your GPU cooling, dead fan,bubble in thermal paste,or just dusty...  If you've OC'd your card that may be pushing it past thermal limit,or your card is dying. Its not the game its either cooling or a fault in the GPU the 3080 have a capacitor issue causing black screens currently.

• Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The ONLY way the game could directly cause overheat is if it somehow controlled fan speed of either the cpu, gpu, or chassis fans. 

And we know for a fact that is not happening.

The OP hasn't even provided any actual temperature readings to backup his claims.

If this is an example of the type of information he provides in his Zendesk reports, it's not surprising that his previous 7 reports were summarily dismissed