Sign in to follow this  
aznricepuff

WorkingTitle G3000 mod v0.2.0 PRE-release 1

Is there any way of displaying current NAV freq on the PFD or MFD?  I can see both Com 1&2 active and standby freq but not NAV.  

I know it's available on the TSC but you would think NAV frequency would a critical piece of info for the pilot to see without fluffing around on a tiny little touchscreen.  

4 hours ago, bambam101 said:

Is there any way of displaying current NAV freq on the PFD or MFD?  I can see both Com 1&2 active and standby freq but not NAV.  

I know it's available on the TSC but you would think NAV frequency would a critical piece of info for the pilot to see without fluffing around on a tiny little touchscreen.  

If you tune a LOC or VOR frequency and select LOC or VOR as the Active Nav (Green course arrow) on the PFD the active Nav freq is displayed on the lower right side of the PFD above the TMR digits.

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, bambam101 said:

Is there any way of displaying current NAV freq on the PFD or MFD?

It doesn't appear that the G3000 displays NAV frequencies on either the PFD or MFD (the one exception being that the PFD will display the active NAV frequency if NAV1 or NAV2 is selected as the navigation source).

Yeah I've seen it pop up on the PFD once it's tuned and in range.  Was just hoping it may also show up next to the com1 freq display also.  Regardless of in range or not.  

Not a big deal.  Just thought it would be displayed more prominently than it is. 

Is there a recent tutorial on setting up a flight, and using the G3000 in a flight, with the newest mod?

Edited by Dutch1

1 hour ago, Dutch1 said:

Is there a recent tutorial on setting up a flight, and using the G3000 in a flight, with the newest mod?

Not with the mod, but the additions to the mod don't really change basic functionality, so any tutorials with the vanilla version will also apply to the modded version. The changelog (CHANGES.md) contained in the zip has brief explanations of new features (what they do, how to change the settings).

On 10/15/2020 at 2:56 PM, aznricepuff said:

v0.2.0 pre-release 2 is out with a fix for the G1000 compatibility bug.

Get it here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g3000-v0.2.0-pre2

Just had a flawless VFR flight using good old VOR navigation from Bristol to Wycombe Air Park in UK. Thank you guys for these mods. Greatly appreciated and has saved one old timer from going back to XPlane. Keep up the good work!

Great mod. Didn't encounter any major problems, except a short freezing of the pfd and mfd, which I believe is not related to the mod. However, I noticed that the range figures bottom right were missing....Did you guys move them?

See pic:

297LqcI.png

• Upvote 1

Is this compatible with the Working title G1000?  If I use both mods in the Community folder the G1000 is not responsive, none of the softkeys work and its just broken?

Thomas Derbyshire

For some reason I installed the latest one 0.2.0 and I dont see any of the features works. I tried in the TBM, i see all the features listed but enabling them dosnt do anything. Is this mod got conflicts with another mod ? 

Update- NM found the trouble maker. So many mods since release hard to keep track 🙂

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

16 hours ago, Guilherme Farias said:

How to make MFD TRACK UP?

Look at the pic I posted. 

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

However, I noticed that the range figures bottom right were missing....Did you guys move them?

The range is now displayed on the range ring/compass. This is how it works on the real G3000.

• Upvote 1

I have been trying to use the latest G3000 mod in the TMB 930 and have run into the following issues -- I don't know if these issues are local to my particular system for some reason, so would like to hear what others are finding.

1. If an ILS approach is loaded, but not activated, it seems to be treated as activated because the a/c heads for the approach transition before the approach is activated. This is with the AP on and in NAV FMS mode.  There also does not seem to be a transition option of just 'vectors', or 'none', or maybe I just can't find it.

2. On the ILS approach with the autopilot on, the a/c starts hunting back and forth and then makes wild turns when partly down the ILS and the a/c is essentially out of control. I don't know if this is a G3000 issue or perhaps a problem with the sim's AP code, or something else.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark