Sign in to follow this  
simpilot22

FMC Question

Greetings,I'm trying to wrap my head around programming the FMC from the end of a STAR to the threshold. I'm using the SADDE6 arrival into runway 25R of KLAX. The transition doesn't matter (it's the AVE transition). From the arrival plate, it looks like the end of the STAR is the SADDE intersection and/or the Santa Monica VOR. I'm a little fuzzy on determining the final fix of the STAR.The question is, from the final fix of the STAR, am I to consult the arrival plate for 25R and input to the FMC all the arrival fixes and restrictions listed, starting at one of the listed initial approach fixes? And, is the IAF to be used determined by the location/proximity of the last fix of the STAR?Finally, if the IAF is determined by the final fix of the STAR, where does one find a chart to determine the appropriate IAF?Thanks!Chip B.@-@http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

Guest BOPrey

Don't you fly from the final fix of the STAR directly to the IAF? That's how I have been doing it when I don't listen to ATC. Any real world pilot can point to the right direction please.

Once you make your turn to 068 from SMO, the star states that you can expect radar vectors for final approach course. If you are not using ATC at all, you could certainly enter in DENAY, MERCE or JETSA as legs yourself if you were going for 24R.Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it