Sign in to follow this  
stubbornswiss

Landing Aircraft Not Clearing Runway

I am sitting at the holding point of the departing runway, waiting for an inbound a/c to land. Said a/c lands, rolls down the runway and stops in the middle of the runway. Controller keeps saying " 'Aircraft whatever' please exit runway when you can". But said a/c just stays motionless on runway, so of course I never get take-off clearance. Waited over 5 minutes, but the a/c never moved. Exited out of game in frustration!

Anyone else experience this?

Edited by stubbornswiss

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

I've had them just creep along the runway taking forever to exit, I've had them wait until the last runoff to exit, I've had them disappear while on the runway, but I don't think I've ever had them just sit there.

I once had a taxiing GA plane stay in one spot on the taxiway just slowly spinning around 360° over and over.

James

Just take off anyway and refile for IFR clearance when airborne. Not what you'd do IRL of course but in the sim it's probably better than restarting.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This is a major problem with AI unwilling quickly release active. IRL pilot at least would have a talk with ATC supervisor 🙂 Also IRL traffic are sequenced  and spaced  more conservatively . Those who can't  get stacked up due to spacing would have to wait for sequencing by means of 360s or holds

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I think in time things like this will get fixed, once the major bugs are worked out.

James

28 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Just take off anyway and refile for IFR clearance when airborne. Not what you'd do IRL of course but in the sim it's probably better than restarting.

I could lose my license for that!!!!! Just kidding. I thought about that, but then I wondered if somewhere later in the flight this initial snafu would affect anything. So I just exited and decided to try again later.

10 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

I think in time things like this will get fixed, once the major bugs are worked out.

For sure! This is definitely just one of the minor irritants that comes with any new software. My positives so far, by far  outweigh this!

Edited by stubbornswiss

Albert

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

53 minutes ago, stubbornswiss said:

I am sitting at the holding point of the departing runway, waiting for an inbound a/c to land. Said a/c lands, rolls down the runway and stops in the middle of the runway. Controller keeps saying " 'Aircraft whatever' please exit runway when you can". But said a/c just stays motionless on runway, so of course I never get take-off clearance. Waited over 5 minutes, but the a/c never moved. Exited out of game in frustration!

Anyone else experience this?

Just take off, i dont have time to wait for all the bugs Asobo throws at me.

Real time ATC or the offline?  if you are using the real time, the "ai" plane will freeze where the actual real pilot turns off the transponder.  the other way asobo could go is to have the airplane blink out when that happens, which would also be complained about. Or making some code that would immediately spawn an actual ai with the same livery/callsign to taxi to the gate, which seems really complex and hard to do on a global basis.  hopefully they can do that at some point, but it shouldn't be too long til we have some better offline ai traffic options.

AI runway traffic is a hot mess atm. I was delighted the other day when I was halfway through my takeoff roll and an airport ground vehicle decided to pop onto the runway and drive straight at me. 😉

29 minutes ago, eslader said:

AI runway traffic is a hot mess atm. I was delighted the other day when I was halfway through my takeoff roll and an airport ground vehicle decided to pop onto the runway and drive straight at me. 😉

Thats another thing. ATC is always telling me to hold position and give way to a ground vehicle. In all my years, ground vehicles always gave way to me.... lol.

I hope this little irritant can also be sorted out eventually.

• Like 1

Albert

I had a landing last night that must have left half the undercarriage strewn across it.... maybe it was bits of my A320... oh, and it was my fault.. not the games

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

While we're on the subject of ground ops, the pushback guy has a death wish. He'll happily stick his head in your running prop to push you. 😉

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

Real time ATC or the offline?  if you are using the real time, the "ai" plane will freeze where the actual real pilot turns off the transponder.  the other way asobo could go is to have the airplane blink out when that happens, which would also be complained about. Or making some code that would immediately spawn an actual ai with the same livery/callsign to taxi to the gate, which seems really complex and hard to do on a global basis.  hopefully they can do that at some point, but it shouldn't be too long til we have some better offline ai traffic options.

Yes, I always fly Live ATC & Live Weather, and your explanation makes perfect sense. Never thought of that.

Will be interesting to see how a resolution is worked out.

Maybe we could contact the FAA and have them mandate that pilots only turn off their transponders AFTER they have exited the active. Let them know it is affecting us simmers!!!

(Of course we'd have to have the aviation authorities the world over do they same. I could start a petition... lol).

Edited by stubbornswiss

Albert