Sign in to follow this  
Partially

Missing Packages/Official content

My MSFS Packages/Community has the mods and payware airports as expected.  My Packages/Official folder is where it should be but all its content is gone.  Earlier this morning I had deleted one asobo airport to accommodate a payware version, but it appears that in doing so I must have somehow caused the entire folder content to subsequently disappear.  So, here is my question for the forum: Has anyone encountered this result and could they share their conclusions with me? By the way, I have the Steam deluxe/premium versions and have already tried the validation of local files. I'm reluctant to uninstall/reinstall the entire program, but would do so if there are no ready alternatives.

Regards,

Pete

In the Content Manager do the items show as installed? Try updating all and see if that restores them. If they won't update then a reinstall is probably in the future.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for the response, Vic.  I started my Steam version and MSFS prompted me to download 98 gig of "recommended content". I hit the install button and am watching the download. Don't know how this all happened but, if it works out, it will be a long time before I open the Packages/Official folder again.

Pete

Possibly a third party installed scenery displaces the MSFS default installed scenery as it did in previous versions of FS?

Edited by Mike777

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

29 minutes ago, Partially said:

Thanks for the response, Vic.  I started my Steam version and MSFS prompted me to download 98 gig of "recommended content". I hit the install button and am watching the download. Don't know how this all happened but, if it works out, it will be a long time before I open the Packages/Official folder again.

Pete

It has been mentioned before that running an integrity check on steam deletes your files and trigger a reinstall 

5 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Possibly a third party installed scenery overwrites the MSFS default installed scenery as it did in previous versions of FS?

Maybe, but I lost all the Packages/Official content.  I deleted the asobo specific airport only after trees appeared on the tarmac of my payware version this morning. I'll amend this post if the update corrects my problem (and trees at the payware airport).  

9 minutes ago, Partially said:

Maybe, but I lost all the Packages/Official content.  I deleted the asobo specific airport only after trees appeared on the tarmac of my payware version this morning. I'll amend this post if the update corrects my problem (and trees at the payware airport). 

I'm not very familiar yet with the 2020 file structure, but in earlier versions several default airports often were located in one file.  Possibly the trees are an issue with the third party scenery?

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

2 hours ago, Partially said:

My MSFS Packages/Community has the mods and payware airports as expected.  My Packages/Official folder is where it should be but all its content is gone.  Earlier this morning I had deleted one asobo airport to accommodate a payware version, but it appears that in doing so I must have somehow caused the entire folder content to subsequently disappear.  So, here is my question for the forum: Has anyone encountered this result and could they share their conclusions with me? By the way, I have the Steam deluxe/premium versions and have already tried the validation of local files. I'm reluctant to uninstall/reinstall the entire program, but would do so if there are no ready alternatives.

Regards,

Pete

Everytime you perform a validation of local files or an integrity check of MSFS files via Steam, all your official content will be entirely deleted and you'll need to download MSFS again, that's why it prompted you to download 95+GB of data.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers