Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 15th, 2020 - Development Update

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Our newest Community Manager, Alex, and his father Andrew, will be giving the tour. They are both originally from Moscow, Russia. Andrew was also one of the developers for Microsoft Flight Simulator decades ago.

Interesting little OT tidbit...you're a brave one Alex! Welcome 

Meh, these weekly updates really are pointless and don't actually offer much at all. Wish they'd take it to Monthly versions and improve upon them, but alas we're stuck with nothing weekly updates, oh well.

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Meh, these weekly updates really are pointless and don't actually offer much at all. Wish they'd take it to Monthly versions and improve upon them, but alas we're stuck with nothing weekly updates, oh well.

You're right, they are progressively getting less and less views.

Bart

• Like 1

In the feedback snapshot i see that the control sensitivity bug fix  has been released for update 4.

I thought that this was scheduled for update 5?

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

Meh, if you don't like them, don't read them. I'm more than happy they're making an effort to keep the development process open, and to give us updates about the progress. It's kind of expected that the communication gets a bit shorter after the first 2 months, but anyway, it's not like this is taking up too much work force that's needed somewhere else. I'd say keep publishing updates on a weekly basis.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 6

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

17 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Meh, if you don't like them, don't read them. I'm more than happy they're making an effort to keep the development process open, and to give us updates about the progress. It's kind of expected that the communication gets a bit shorter after the first 2 months, but anyway, it's not like this is taking up too much work force that's needed somewhere else. I'd say keep publishing updates on a weekly basis.

I read them in the hope they'll get better, but they don't. 

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Lightning bug?

There’s a lot of topics every day, even in The “Bugs” section of the official forum- I get it. But it took me not 5 minutes to figure out that there’s more than on threat dealing with “lightning” with fairly high vote counts as well:
Too much Thunder and Lightning (293)
Lightning in mostly sunny skies (252)
Everywhere Thunderstorms ?!?!? (124)
Live weather = Clear, I get thunder (59)
That’s 728 votes at the time of this post and would put in on #2 instead of #9 in the Top Bugs list. So “Backlog” might not be appropriate here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

50 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

There’s a lot of topics every day, even in The “Bugs” section of the official forum- I get it. But it took me not 5 minutes to figure out that there’s more than on threat dealing with “lightning” with fairly high vote counts as well:
Too much Thunder and Lightning (293)
Lightning in mostly sunny skies (252)
Everywhere Thunderstorms ?!?!? (124)
Live weather = Clear, I get thunder (59)
That’s 728 votes at the time of this post and would put in on #2 instead of #9 in the Top Bugs list. So “Backlog” might not be appropriate here.

Agree with your assessment.  One would think since this (bug) only began after a recent update,  it should be easier to track down and resolve.  At least we have several alternatives to using MSFS Live weather...

WAT1460.png

6 hours ago, pstrub said:

I can just imagine the moaning if we hadn't heard anything from the devs after 3 or 4 weeks! "They don't care about us!", "What have they been doing all this time?", "Why the silence, what have they got to hide?".

• Like 6

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

10 hours ago, MarcG said:

I find the communication refreshing. If you don't find value then don't read the threads. I'd rather have the info than not have the info.

The flight sim community has become used to radio silence as the rule for so many years.  That's not how it is in the real world of software.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, scotchegg said:

That caught my eye too. "TBA" is vague and I can't imagine it would be ready for the Xbox launch which is just around the corner. Exciting to see it's at least tied to Xbox in some way so gives them extra impetus to roll it out.

The implementation of the DX12 is relatively fast, Asobo is already ready. The XBOX releases on November 10 and they are native DX12. We can expect the switch to DX12 in November.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

11 hours ago, MarcG said:

You a glass half empty guy?  I think it’s spot on how open Asobo are being, they even admitting mistakes and yes we are all human.  In my opinion couldn’t ask for more!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

You a glass half empty guy?

Is it another conspiracy theory? :wink::laugh:

4 hours ago, neil0311 said:

I find the communication refreshing. If you don't find value then don't read the threads. I'd rather have the info than not have the info.

The flight sim community has become used to radio silence as the rule for so many years.  That's not how it is in the real world of software.

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

You a glass half empty guy?  I think it’s spot on how open Asobo are being, they even admitting mistakes and yes we are all human.  In my opinion couldn’t ask for more!

no no you're both missing my point, other Devs do it so much better by releasing much more info in Monthly Updates. These Weekly Updates are very thing on the ground, they have very little information and generally serve very little purpose. Take a look at the Roadmaps/Updates posted by Devs such as Reiza, Studio397 and to a lesser extent Sector3 then come back and tell me Asobo couldn't do it better!