Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V2 RELEASED

2 hours ago, Haddock69 said:

Hello,

The Turbo Bonanza is the plane with the best flight model out there, its response to rudder and stall behaviour is wonderful ! 
So thanks a lot to Robert Young & all other modders (especially the WorkingTitle & G36 mod teams) that make this sim much more enjoyable.

However I've made same modifications to my installation to improve my experience:

• The Turbo G36 wants to replace the non-Turbo one. I want both !
  • No "Lean" page on the G1000 for the Turbo
  • Can't start the Turbo G36 cold & dark with my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke

So I've installed the Turbo mod the following way and was able to fix all my issues. 🙂...

That's a great bit of work - thanks!  👍

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Flying this bird as we speak. It's now my favorite (and only truly flyable) aircraft in FS2020. I will donate in return for your time. Thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robert young said:

Yes indeed. Thank you Haddock69

Above that - sincere thanks for what you have done with this aircraft Robert.  It is an absolute gem! 🙂

Donation on it's way.  

PS.  I really hope your health gets better - hang on in there chap!  👍

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just a quick question: Looking at the Screenshots i see the wings and stabs brightly illuminated by some sort of light. Is this intentional? It looks like someone is pointing an external light to it?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

13 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

Flying this bird as we speak. It's now my favorite (and only truly flyable) aircraft in FS2020. I will donate in return for your time. Thank you!

How dare you say that, are you forgeting we had a Turbo V1 ? 😄

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Just a quick question: Looking at the Screenshots i see the wings and stabs brightly illuminated by some sort of light. Is this intentional? It looks like someone is pointing an external light to it?

Think it is now fixed in V2, these are screens of the V1 version

2 hours ago, Haddock69 said:

* Copy (not move !) the file Community\bonanza-g36-improvement-project\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\panel\WTEngineDisplay.xml into the Community\Bonanza-Turbo-V2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36_Turbo\panel\ directory

Are you seeing correct voltage and load indications? I suppose not? The WTEngineDisplay.xml from the G36 Improvement project is customized: I used local simvars for voltage and load indications to simulate the load distribution when the buses are tied and associated voltage leak due to the reverse current blocking diodes.

You should use the default WTEngineDisplay.xml from the WT G1000 mod instead! 

I have an internal test version with our system modifications and the excellent turbo mod. Some patience please while we figure out how to present our mods with the best of both 🙂.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

How dare you say that, are you forgeting we had a Turbo V1 ? 😄

I missed V1 so V2 is my starting point. Lucky me!

I read all these pontificating pedantic pundits who bemoan Asobo's efforts, constantly criticize and moan... and then I just go fly, usually tagging along with @Steve Dra .

cpflHQ7.jpg

Here is @robert young Rob Young's latest creation, working superbly with @virtuali 's Vancouver, @Pete Dowson and @John Dowson's FSUIPC, @ScotFlieger and @guenseli 's LINDA and looking pretty fantastic.  The sim will grow- these sort of people wouldn't bother if it all was going to be much ado about nothing... so, perhaps make a cuppa (or G&T, or peg of whatever) and relax with this BEAUTIFUL aeroplane from Rob with @kaosfere ‘s latest G1000 mod!

nn4RDoW.jpg

Ta Gents, I remain obliged- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 8

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

9 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

The screenshots took a bit of artistic license to perhaps exaggerate the ambient lighting to show it off. Running the mod it depends how much contrast and gamma you have, and also the "aerosol" settings influence how the lighting comes across. I've inserted the lights to emulate a kind of virtual logo/surface splash of the kind you get on many airliners. Any actual GA aircraft owner can add lighting to the standard nav and beacon lights and often do.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

1 minute ago, cavaricooper said:

I read all these pontificating pedantic pundits who bemoan Asobo's efforts, constantly criticize and moan... and then I just go fly-

cpflHQ7.jpg

Here is @robert young Rob Young's latest creation, working superbly with @virtuali 's Vancouver, @Pete Dowson and @John Dowson's FSUIPC, @ScotFlieger and @guenseli 's LINDA and looking pretty fantastic.  The sim will grow- these sort of people wouldn't bother if it all was going to be much ado about nothing... so, perhaps make a cuppa (or G&T, or peg of whatever) and relax with this BEAUTIFUL aeroplane from Rob!

Ta Gents, I remain obliged- C

Do you realize i have to rob your house now... 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Do you realize i have to rob your house now... 😄

Can I join in? 😀

BTW, he probably lives just south of me.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.