Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V2 RELEASED

5 minutes ago, robert young said:

Hi Frank,

I'll be posting a request soon about what is popular to mod. I'm making a short list of aircraft that I might be able to work on. At the moment I'm restricted to standard (non premium) aircraft but that might not be a bad thing.

A TDv2 would not be locked out, would it?  Or perhaps a TDv3.  The TDv2 has been my go to medium to long range flight GA for several years.  Dual GTN 750 fitted.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

a TD wouldn't be a mod, it would be an eruption. 🙃

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I have seen a couple people mention that they have been able to "decrypt" the premium/deluxe aircraft, but I haven't seen any mods for them at all.  I'd expect if this was possible or easy, someone would have at least fixed the incorrect MTOW and fuel capacity of the Longitude by now given the large amount of angst over it being wrong.  Perhaps simply being able to decrypt doesn't actually enable mods to happen.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Simple question haha - where is the brightness knob located?

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Over on the right hand side, kind of tucked behind the copilot yoke.  Set of 4 knobs for brightness.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Much refined! Currently heading southbound from Victoria BC. 13500 feet. Hand flew it beautifully through a bumpy, nasty cloud layer. Feels great 1200-1300 FPM all the way up, leaning as I went. On top, at 24 squared... 176-179 True at 12.3 GPH! Leaned rich of peak. 240 knots over the ground with a serious tail wind. This thing will move you around in short order. Very nice. 

Edited by jpe828
  • Like 1

It’s a BEAST in the most refined Bonanza way. 

Just wait for the other end- final is an exquisite exercise in aerodynamics.

Enjoy your “first time” 🙂

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Flew Halifax to Toronto last night, most of it on AP.

Solid the whole way.

A very nicely executed aircraft

I pondered why you don't go payware with it, it would sell, no problem. But I suspect it's not worth the hassle. Once its Commercial the pedants  turn up & complain about everything from uneven tire wear to mismatched seat belt colors. And  you are forced to adjust it each time there is a Sim update that affects it, otherwise you get an earful from customers.

Whereas, Freeware, you can pick & choose when you work on it, without obligation, & most users are grateful for what you are doing.

Trust your health is improving.

T45

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

....A very nicely executed aircraft

I pondered why you don't go payware with it, it would sell, no problem......Whereas, Freeware, you can pick & choose when you work on it, without obligation, & most users are grateful for what you are doing.

Trust your health is improving.

T45

Thank you. For all the reasons you stated, in my state of health it is not a good thing - if you do it properly. Email and other support is constant, and rightly so, but after 17 years of it 365 days a year it takes its toll. Glad you like the mod.

• Like 7

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I spent the morning recreating some of my typical flights from decades ago. Leaving Vandenburg (now Tampa Exec.) I hopped over to the new Plant City, then skipped to Lakeland, over the stacks and then back to X16. All the while, instead of a Champ, Archer or 182, I was in @robert young ‘s Turbo Normalized G36 and boy things happened so much quicker than I remembered. What was brilliant was to pop up, and then just start pulling power... it was only a flash to 1500’ and power was still coming back.... and kept coming back. Thinking of proper thermodynamics, I pulled only 2” per minute, so it was up and down. I’d have gone further but I’m absolutely in love with the transmitted flight feel of this aeroplane.

Have you noted how twitchy the default aircraft are with anything more than a very lazy crosswind? Not this one.

Have you noticed how the defaults grab NWS inputs and pick up a wing (sometimes even the wrong downwind one)? Not this one.

Have you noticed how easy it is to over control the rudder, especially as authority decays with speed? Not this one.

Flying final with a 20 degree crab, translating into a forward slip with wing down into the wind, to a flare just above the asphalt to that delightful interaction of crossed controls, thrust residuals, speed decay, final flare, ground effect and tire scrub.. is all goosebump inducing. 

I promise to venture further afield, but for now, up and down scratches my itch nicely!

Ta Rob!

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

30 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I spent the morning recreating some of my typical flights from decades ago. Leaving Vandenburg (now Tampa Exec.) I hopped over to the new Plant City, then skipped to Lakeland, over the stacks and then back to X16. All the while, instead of a Champ, Archer or 182, I was in @robert young ‘s Turbo Normalized G36 and boy things happened so much quicker than I remembered. What was brilliant was to pop up, and then just start pulling power... it was only a flash to 1500’ and power was still coming back.... and kept coming back. Thinking of proper thermodynamics, I pulled only 2” per minute, so it was up and down. I’d have gone further but I’m absolutely in love with the transmitted flight feel of this aeroplane.

Have you noted how twitchy the default aircraft are with anything more than a very lazy crosswind? Not this one.

Have you noticed how the defaults grab NWS inputs and pick up a wing (sometimes even the wrong downwind one)? Not this one.

Have you noticed how easy it is to over control the rudder, especially as authority decays with speed? Not this one.

Flying final with a 20 degree crab, translating into a forward slip with wing down into the wind, to a flare just above the asphalt to that delightful interaction of crossed controls, thrust residuals, speed decay, final flare, ground effect and tire scrub.. are all goosebump inducing. 

I promise to venture further afield, but for now, up and down scratches my itch nicely!

Ta Rob!

C

KVDF is my home field! 😃

Mountain Tamer this machine is...

Doing a trek up the Rio Grande beginning in El Paso (KELP) Texas starting at 3900 ft. elevation and only going to get higher from there... route so far Las Cruces (KLRU) New México, Truth or Consequences (KTCS), Socorro (KONM)... lots of fun avoiding MOAs, restricted space project airspace, climbing over peaks... and the G58TN has tackled it all!

Edited by Cmcollazo71

Great day sight seeing over Wiltshire, south of England.

Stumbled upon these regimental badges cut in to the chalk downs. I drove past them many years ago and wondered if they would be accurately portrayed in the sim. i wasn't disappointed. A pity Black Shark has built a couple of sheds on one of them!

bbccv.png

Still in awe of this aircraft. Great stuff.

ghkhk.png

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 3