Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V2 RELEASED

Rob,

I found a glitch yesterday with this lovely bird.  It was a one off and I have been unable to repeat it or even come close to repetition.

I was flying from YBCS to YBTL (Australia) and after I had climbed to cruise level 3500ft I eased the prop back to 50 percent. I was on autopilot and following a stock IFR plan generated by MSFS and in live weather (clear skies generally) NO lightning LOL

I then zapped off for a quick toilet break and came back to find that my speed had bled off from 152 knots to 100 knots.  I then increased prop to 100 percent and throttle to full power and noted that the speed kept bleeding off.

I disengaged autopilot and hand flew for a couple of minutes noting that the speed continued to bleed off. I followed that with a gentle descent but that made no difference whatsoever. I eventually stalled at about 2000 feet with no chance of recovery ... speed was about 45 knots at the water entry point, so speed was still bleeding off following the final pitch down after the stall.  All engine indications followed what was actually happening, with no overheating or any adverse readings which may have indicated an engine problem.  Engine sounds (outside) also followed the pattern. 

Subsequently, I have not been able to duplicate this feat, so please do not regard this as a complaint or bug report.  I am simply very curious about what may have caused this, and, probably more importantly, what I could have done differently to recover, had this been a real world situation.  I did consider an engine restart but at that point it was simply too late in the proceedings.

One thing I did notice was that just prior to my problems,a Jetstar flight at 30000 feet was given a traffic alert regarding a Beechcraft on the runway at YBCS at  0 feet.  I have never seen that before and I am wondering if that was in some way connected. ie an MSFS problem instead of an aircraft or pilot problem.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Thank you very much Robert. I downloaded and took it for a spin yesterday, and had a lovely flight starting at Orbx rendition of Darrington Muni.

Your work is much appreciated.

30 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Rob,

I found a glitch yesterday with this lovely bird.  It was a one off and I have been unable to repeat it or even come close to repetition.

I was flying from YBCS to YBTL (Australia) and after I had climbed to cruise level 3500ft I eased the prop back to 50 percent. I was on autopilot and following a stock IFR plan generated by MSFS and in live weather (clear skies generally) NO lightning LOL

I then zapped off for a quick toilet break and came back to find that my speed had bled off from 152 knots to 100 knots.  I then increased prop to 100 percent and throttle to full power and noted that the speed kept bleeding off.

Subsequently, I have not been able to duplicate this feat, so please do not regard this as a complaint or bug report.  I am simply very curious about what may have caused this, and, probably more importantly, what I could have done differently to recover, had this been a real world situation.  I did consider an engine restart but at that point it was simply too late in the proceedings.

Regards

Tony

Sounds like a Mixture problem to me.

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Mixture is something totally bollocked and in dire need of fixing, or at least opening up to 3rd. party manipulation. At the moment, I fly WOT/2500 to TOC, leaning only when I have to... Then I pull mixture to where it makes sense GPH wise. The GPH IS MOSTLY NOT RELATED TO THE REDUCTION except at certain points.

Until @Asobo fixes this, developers are SEVERELY HANDICAPPED.

I’m with Ray...

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I wouldn't think that @Steve Dra 's brushes need too much cleaning. I believe the Islander paint job is VERY close to being finished..:wink:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, raymar said:
1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Rob,

Regards

Tony

Sounds like a Mixture problem to me.

Yes, I suspect that you needed to come back quite a bit on the mixture. As you climb, you need to manage mixture (lean it out) as you will otherwise lose power fairly quickly and drift into a stall condition if on AP. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thanks so much for V2! Still loving it. One issue though is not being able to start using Spadnext and the Saitek switch panel starter. The starter times out on the panel before the engine starts on the mod. Can the timing be reduced as previously it worked with V1? Failing that, anyone know a workaround?

27 minutes ago, snaparaz said:

Thanks so much for V2! Still loving it. One issue though is not being able to start using Spadnext and the Saitek switch panel starter. The starter times out on the panel before the engine starts on the mod. Can the timing be reduced as previously it worked with V1? Failing that, anyone know a workaround?

Did you crack the throttle more open a bit when starting? And if you were at even a modest altitude,pull back the mixture a little as it is set by default to rich.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

3 minutes ago, robert young said:

Did you crack the throttle more open a bit when starting? And if you were at even a modest altitude,pull back the mixture a little as it is set by default to rich.

Should have mentioned it does start if I use the mouse.

First of all, thank you @robert young for this mod.👍 Just had a nice flight in the dark over Istanbul at night, apart from me stalling and crashing on a tight turn to my chosen runway - my fault!

I did have a problem with it being recognised even though I'd correctly placed it in the Community folder. I eventually fixed that by removing an add-on liveries folder for the default G36. Not sure why it conflicted but I don't need those liveries with the ones you have provided.

Had a similar issue with the C152X realism mod, which I only resolved by removing the C152 folder already in the Community folder. Again, it contained liveries, so there must be a connection there. Perhaps I could have copied the info from both those folders' config files to the mods, but there's no need as I say. Worth bearing in mind for anyone who has a similar issue.

Edited by 109Sqn
typo

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

First of all, thank you @robert young for this mod.👍 Just had a nice flight in the dark over Istanbul at night, apart from me stalling and crashing on a tight turn to my chosen runway - my fault!

I did have a problem with it being recognised even though I'd correctly placed it in the Community folder. I eventually fixed that by removing an add-on liveries folder for the default G36. Not sure why it conflicted but I don't need those liveries with the ones you have provided.

Had a similar issue with the C152X realism mod, which I only resolved by removing the C152 folder already in the Community folder. Again, it contained liveries, so there must be a connection there. Perhaps I could have copied the info from both those folders' config files to the mods, but there's no need as I say. Worth baring in mind for anyone who has a similar issue.

Thanks and I'm glad you like it. Any two mods that reference the same aircraft in the community folder are going to clash because they have two layout.json files and you can't have more than one for each single base aircraft. You would have to merge the two layout files into one. Utitlity mods like the G1000 mod do not reference a particular aircraft (but might have a useful template for one) so will generally work with any aircraft. 

To get all your liveries working you would have to merge your addon liveries with my mod's liveries by also creating an aircraft cfg file that had all the livery variation entries (just as in FSX).

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Just now, robert young said:

To get all your liveries working you would have to merge your addon liveries with my mod's liveries by also creating an aircraft cfg file that had all the livery variation entries (just as in FSX).

Basically what I was trying to say!😄 Thanks for confirming that. And even though I wouldn't know about the layout.json files, that makes perfect sense.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

9 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Basically what I was trying to say!😄 Thanks for confirming that. And even though I wouldn't know about the layout.json files, that makes perfect sense.

after you add the liveries to aircraft.cfg, search for "MSFSLayoutGenerator" by Brandon Filer to generate the layout.json

• Like 1

Finally got to make a full flight in the newest version of the G36 along with the latest G1000 mod and had a fantastic flight.  Set up a 600+ mile flight which normally would be a little long for me, but with the turbo that distance gets eaten up in no time.  

The quality of this combo as freeware is just amazing.  A big thank you to everyone who puts their time into these amazing addons.  

Anyway, if I had to vote for the next aircraft, I'd vote for something Diamond.  Either the DA40 or maybe the 62 twin.  (I forget which ones are which version of the sim)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF