Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V2 RELEASED

23 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The reason it is a "thing" is later loading mods for the same aircraft can overwrite changes from earlier ones even if the later mod is changing a totally different characteristic. 

This is how I understand it. 👍  Some people even suggest numbers..  000-mod, 001-mod, 002-mod etc.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

17 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

At SOME point I hope @Asobo releases a PDF manual for this sim!

Also, if @Asobo make a full-featured SDK and document the capabilities of the new (actually old fsx :) Simconnect, it will be quite good. But this is offtop again, and my apologies.

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

@Nickbe

Oh Yeah... we are ALL waiting for a real SDK... but a manual ought to be a prerequisite to release, da?

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Ok- I'm happy to report that @Nickbe's loading order tip works beautifully. Can't wait to take the TN Bonanza up for a run!  I don't know if it's because I remember Plant City from days back, or if it's because @Verticalsim has done such a good job, at such a reasonable price point... that I find myself flighting @robert young's lovely aeroplane from here, more than most places.  It probably helps that it is close by, and I've been there a 100 times. Now, if the silly thunder/lightning would just stop...

UF8WO3P.jpg

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

15 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Speaking of tinkering does anyone have link to something that explains how to get both the default and the turbo mod in the selection screen at the same time.

Thanks to cararicooper for reposting my procedure, but there was a mistake in it, about the G1000 MFD Engine/System page.

I initially wrote :

* Copy (not move !) the file Community\bonanza-g36-improvement-project\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\panel\WTEngineDisplay.xml into the Community\Bonanza-Turbo-V2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36_Turbo\panel\ directory

when I should have written:

* Copy (not move !) the file Community\workingtitle-g1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\panel\WTEngineDisplay.xml into the Community\Bonanza-Turbo-V2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36_Turbo\panel\ directory

The difference is the electrical information in the MFD, Engine & System pages. It won't work with the file from the "G36 Mod" as they've changed the electrical wiring in the plane; the sample G36 page from the "Workingtitle G1000 Mod" package will be a better match.

If you've already followed the procedure, you can replace the file at the end, it will work without a problem.

Haddock

The walk through is now available on my mod page at both Nexus and GitHub.

Thank you Robert and thank you for the Turbo mod.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I have made my own walk through as normal for myself but if anyone would like a copy PM me your email.

I would upload it to AVSIM lib but I found it a pain in the as.

Robert is also going to add it to his mod when he has time.

Thanks David! His very useful checklist/walkthrough is now available at my mod pages at both Nexus Mods and Github:

https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/423

https://github.com/roblenvic

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 hours ago, Haddock31 said:

Thanks to cararicooper for reposting my procedure, but there was a mistake in it, about the G1000 MFD Engine/System page.

If you've already followed the procedure, you can replace the file at the end, it will work without a problem.

Haddock

Many thanks indeed for this very useful and clever procedure. It's great to be able to run the two mods in parallel.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

6 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@Bert Pieke

Bert- I've been thinking about getting that app... my Community Folder is growing... how does it manage the folders for Orbx and FSDT- I broke FSDT the last time I tried to move them out before an update....

Ta- C

Just leave Orbx and FSDT alone.  They already place links in the Community folder, and I also had trouble with moving FSDT..

The Addons Linker is useful for managing all the various mods that come as "folders" to be dropped into the Community folder.  I drop them into a separate MSFS Addons folder instead, and use the Linker to selectively activate only the links for the addons I want to enable for any flight.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Wow this is a sweet ride,

Just took her for a little spin and she flies beautifully.

Thank you to the developer for giving this too the community 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

So here is a noob question, it appears this aircraft is not capable of flying in known icing conditions however the turbo version wants to fly high and proud.  This is where I've hit a snag because a lot of the time (I use live weather) there is cloud at high altitude and the minute I fly through it my windscreen gets covered in ice!!  So obvious answer is don't fly through sub zero clouds however the plane is IFR certified so I find this conflicts and with winter around the corner the temperature is only going to get colder?  What's the right approach in this scenario??  Like I say might be a stupid question....!

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

20 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

So here is a noob question, it appears this aircraft is not capable of flying in known icing conditions however the turbo version wants to fly high and proud.  This is where I've hit a snag because a lot of the time (I use live weather) there is cloud at high altitude and the minute I fly through it my windscreen gets covered in ice!!  So obvious answer is don't fly through sub zero clouds however the plane is IFR certified so I find this conflicts and with winter around the corner the temperature is only going to get colder?  What's the right approach in this scenario??  Like I say might be a stupid question....!

I'm not a pilot IRL, but my understanding is that even aircraft with icing boots or the TKS fluid based anti icing system will generally try to get out of icing.  The deicing or antiicing system just gives them more time to do it.  The protection is limited to certain areas (and a limited duration with the TKS fluid) and If ice starts to collect on the unprotected sections of the airframe it can still have major aerodynamic impacts. 

I think the sim is a bit heavy handed with the icing right now, and we have no way to query the in-sim weather to do good flight planning ahead of time.

I landed Leg 3 of my around the world trip at Kenai, AK (PAEN) this past weekend with only a small ~3" area on the right hand side of the windshield visible! 

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

My point is its difficult to fly high through clouds when considering at higher flights levels the OAT is likely to be below freezing even in warm climates......which kind of defeats the purpose of this fantastic mod.

Thomas Derbyshire

6 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

My point is its difficult to fly high through clouds when considering at higher flights levels the OAT is likely to be below freezing even in warm climates......which kind of defeats the purpose of this fantastic mod.

All Turbo Arrow I ever flew IRL had none of deicing equipment. Just saying..

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

IRL once the temperature drops low enough you get  no icing. I believe below -40C is fine unless you are in  cumulonimbus. It is one of the reasons climbing is an exit strategy with icing,

Of course part of the issue here is the game does not generate METAR/SIGMET information a real world pilot would use to plan an IFR  route that minimises icing and other risks.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1