Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V2 RELEASED

Just now, jpe828 said:

There are multiple things that happen after updates that are bizzare... different people with different systems seem to have different results. Odd indeed. But was happy your Mod worked, because I can't fly stock airplanes anymore.

:cool:

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Just to add another confirmation, my mod is there with liveries after update.

I transferred the community folder before updating.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Robert,

This is truly mystifying as you have stated.  A further aspect is that my first attempt was to simply copy/paste/replace the contents of the folder and that did not work.  I had to remove the folder and then reinstall using WINRAR direct to the community folder.  The same applied to the liveries folder.  It is going to be really good when the mods are ignored in the updates and can carry on as usual instead of going through this process once a month. 

The very best thing though is that I can fly your lovely mod again, and that it appears not to need another mod update to fix it.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Finally I got my hands on "glassnanza". Rob if you need some feed back. My only limitation I fly from right seat with throw over yoke LOL

image3.jpg?width=1729&height=1297

image2.jpg?width=1729&height=1297

image4.jpg?width=1729&height=1297

• Like 6

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Robert's Bonanza is working perfectly for me although my sight-seeing weekend in the Chanel Islands is not exactly going to plan re; weather. However, the sim is displaying a pretty accurate depiction of it in Real Weather mode.

NOAA Station:

EGJB 311120Z 21024G36KT 3000 +RA SCT003 BKN008 14/14 Q1010  ( IFR - Map)
Prefers Runway: 27

vvbvcbh.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:21 PM, sidfadc said:

Noticed the Halloween challenge uses 152 and the vs indicator and altitude was broken for me (using the C152 realism mod) so removed it for now.

I flew that challenge twice, on the 2nd attempt, VSI and Altimeter were stuck. I don't have any mods installed that would affect the C152.

I think that means the C152 realism mod isn't the culprit here. Thanks, Asobo!

[edit: People speculate that the frozen instruments are parts of the event. In that case, I would expect them to be frozen on every run. This is a landing challenge with a leaderboard after all, so the conditions should be identical on every run for everybody attempting it.]

Edited by aurel42
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, aurel42 said:

I flew that challenge twice, on the 2nd attempt, VSI and Altimeter were stuck. I don't have any mods installed that would affect the C152.

I think that means the C152 realism mod isn't the culprit here. Thanks, Asobo!

[edit: People speculate that the frozen instruments are parts of the event. In that case, I would expect them to be frozen on every run. This is a landing challenge with a leaderboard after all, so the conditions should be identical on every run for everybody attempting it.]

I had assumed they were deliberately broken as part of the event. TBH I am not sure how much use they would be in that scenario anyway, it was very much head out the window and spot the pumpkins. 

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Robert's Bonanza is working perfectly for me although my sight-seeing weekend in the Chanel Islands is not exactly going to plan re; weather. However, the sim is displaying a pretty accurate depiction of it in Real Weather mode.

NOAA Station:

EGJB 311120Z 21024G36KT 3000 +RA SCT003 BKN008 14/14 Q1010  ( IFR - Map)
Prefers Runway: 27

Except, of course, and I have to point this out, because it's a pet peeve of mine, that screenshot looks like the sim forgot to turn on the rain effects.

My hypothesis: when you fly from the dry into the rain in "Live Weather", you will never see rain effects in MFS (until they fix this). Rain effects are present when you take-off in the rain, or when you land at an airport where it's raining, and I sometimes (rarely) see snow flakes on the windows (no, not talking about icing here) while flying through clouds. But I've never seen rain effects below rain clouds when flying from an area without precipitation into an area which is supposed to have precipitation. Not even in areas where wx radar or Nexrad display solid red or purple.

(The usual responses I get when I point this out are "I've seen rain at this or that airport" and "Not every cloud produces rain". I know. And I'm aware that I can sometimes trigger the missing rain effects manually by switching to any other weather preset and, after a bit of waiting, back to Live Weather, but that's obviously not how it's supposed to work.)

Edited by aurel42

Edit: Forget all this, it seems to be gone since the latest hotfix. 

So, is it just me or are planes faster when taxiing and harder to slow down on approach since the patch?  Trying to figure out if I have a calibration issue on my throttle or what.  The turbo bonanza was always fast and took some time to slow down, but now I'm struggling to get it slowed down at all.  I noticed the same thing with the stock 152 on the Halloween challenge.  Even the 152 seemed to be coming in much faster than I'd expect.  Anyone else see this or is it just my controller?  I could totally see myself messing up a turbo bonanza approach, but a 152 is what made me thing something changed.  (I'm using the default 152 for now, I removed the mod temporarily as the patch mentioned specific changes to this plane). 

I'm perfectly willing to say it is just me doing something wrong.  I've had very little time in the sim lately so this is honestly the first weekend I had time to fly a little more.

Edited by kerosene31

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Is it possible that 1.10 affected the brakes? Just doing my first flight in the Bonanza since 1.10 arrived, now with 1.10.8.0 (not even sure when I got that hotfix, I didn't see the usual update dialog). During taxi, braking did not have any effect whatsoever. Only the parking brake was still working. Could be a fluke, could affect all aircraft after the hotfix, could just be me being stupid in some new & improved way. I was too eager to get into the air to do the whole "reset/restart everything" shpeel. I will, once I land.

My pedals are set up using FSUIPC and according to the FSUIPC axes dialog, they're working. It would be cool if someone could confirm the brakes still work for them in 1.10.8.0.

Unrelated to that, there's something that puzzles me about the checklists: why am I supposed to select the "lower tank" during climb, cruise and descent? This doesn't make any sense to me at all.

And, finally, following the checklist, I still have to CTRL+E to get the engine going, and I don't know why. [Note to self: try to be quicker between turning on the battery and starting up the engine, keep an eye on Bus Volts. Maybe my preparations are taking so long that the battery is depleted by the time I try to start her up.]

Edited by aurel42

2 minutes ago, aurel42 said:

Is it possible that 1.10 affected the brakes? Just doing my first flight in the Bonanza since 1.10 arrived, now with 1.10.8.0 (not even sure when I got that hotfix, I didn't see the usual update dialog). During taxi, braking did not have any effect whatsoever. Only the parking brake was still working. Could be a fluke, could affect all aircraft after the hotfix, could just be me being stupid in some new & improved way. I was too eager to get into the air to do the whole "reset/restart everything" shpeel. I will, once I land.

My pedals are set up using FSUIPC and according to the FSUIPC axes dialog, they're working. It would be cool if someone could confirm the brakes still work for them in 1.10.8.0.

Unrelated to that, there's something that puzzles me about the checklists: why am I supposed to select the "lower tank" during climb, cruise and descent? This doesn't make any sense to me at all.

And, finally, following the checklist, I still have to CTRL+E to get the engine going, and I don't know why. [Note to self: try not be quicker between turning on the battery and starting up the engine, keep an eye on Bus Volts. Maybe my preparations are taking so long that the battery is depleted by the time I try to start her up.]

I haven't noticed much difference in the brakes. But if you want to make them more powerful, open up your Turbo Bonanza Simobjects folder then open systems.cfg (after making a safety copy).

A few lines down from the lighting circuits section you'll see the [BRAKES]  control section

Change the value of this line:

toe_brakes_scale = xx, where the value is between 0.1 and 1.0

Then reload the Bonanza (in dev mode: new project, then aircraft editor - resync, or start the sim again.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

13 minutes ago, robert young said:

I haven't noticed much difference in the brakes. But if you want to make them more powerful, open up your Turbo Bonanza Simobjects folder then open systems.cfg (after making a safety copy).

Thanks for confirming that they're still supposed to work. For me, they weren't too weak, they didn't have any effect at all. They don't even trigger the pedal animation (the parking brake does). If the issue persists after a sim restart, I will try assigning them in the MFS controller settings instead of FSUIPC, if I can figure out a way to do that (since 1.10 arrived, the Controls settings in MFS only show keyboard, mouse and TrackIR, and none of my USB game controllers; I'll check the official forums to see if other users have that problem and found a solution; until now, this just didn't bother me, because FSUIPC kept working).

Edited by aurel42

Control settings:  display of USB game controllers restored by forcing the Steam Input layer back to "off". I forced it to "on" while trying to get rid of the 1.10.7.0 inputprofiles CTD, and forgot about it.

Brakes:  after sim restart, they still didn't work, but they didn't work in the C172 either. It took a restart of FSUIPC to restore functionality. I should've tried that as the first step, but I didn't even consider FSUIPC as the source of the problem. 

Open questions:

2 hours ago, aurel42 said:

And, finally, following the checklist, I still have to CTRL+E to get the engine going, and I don't know why. [Note to self: try to be quicker between turning on the battery and starting up the engine, keep an eye on Bus Volts. Maybe my preparations are taking so long that the battery is depleted by the time I try to start her up.]

This is what my settings look like after following the checklist, incl. priming (and verifying fuel flow). When I switch the magnetos to "start", the prop starts turning and immediately spins down again. Voltage seems good, cowl flaps are open, props full forward, throttle cracked, I tried with full rich mixture and with mixture leaned for altitude.

uc?id=1lb6rhtSLZJGjy6mb0l9J7e47DEZ9FEkv&

When I start the engine using CTRL+E, shut it down by cutting the mixture, and then turn the key again to the start position, the engine does start up. Apart from the mixture lever moving to a lean setting (and AV master being switched to on), I cannot see anything in the cockpit move when I press CTRL+E. It's baffling.

The only time I've been in a similar situation was in a jet aircraft that needed full rich mixture despite not having a mixture lever, apparently some idiosyncrasy of P3D that checks mixture even for engine types that don't have it. Obviously this isn't the case here, but I wonder if there could be some other parameter that does not have a visual representation in the cockpit, yet could be affected by my controller setup and is only rectified when I let the sim start the engine.

Edited by aurel42

On 10/31/2020 at 3:22 AM, sd_flyer said:

Finally I got my hands on "glassnanza". Rob if you need some feed back. My only limitation I fly from right seat with throw over yoke LOL

Any feedback is welcome. I've now revised the file structure to accommodate the last Asobo update to eliminate missing liveries for some people, and will be uploading a patched version in the next few days. I will slightly increase the p-factor and reduce rudder authority on take-off, plus a few autopilot tweaks. By all means compare with your real world flight.

• Upvote 1

Hi there

First of all, thank you for the mod. I like flying the Bonanza very much and therefore appreciate a lot the mod.

Unfortunately, during longer flights, I've had sudden engine failures / shut downs.

I assume it's not a bug but rather an issue with the manual mixture control.

When cruising at FL110 I usually reduce RPM to 2500 leaving the throttle wide open. The mixture is usually reduced to about 40% or so by then.

Can someone tell me what kind of mixture settings are required during cruise and also during climb and descent? Many thanks.