Sign in to follow this  
psolk

FSDT Vancouver V2 imminent...

What's performance look like there at FSDT CYVR?  I'm used to running everything at or just under ULTRA and when I installed FSDT KPDX that was the end of those settings, so for now I've uninstalled KPDX until a new GPU appears, hopefully RTX 3080 20Gb.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

What's performance look like there at FSDT CYVR?  I'm used to running everything at or just under ULTRA and when I installed FSDT KPDX that was the end of those settings, so for now I've uninstalled KPDX until a new GPU appears, hopefully RTX 3080 20Gb.

On my rather more modest system (4770K@4.1 - GTX 1070 - 1080p monitor) with my settings on High and fps set to 30 via RTSS scanline sync x/2, this airport does not impact my performance at all.  🙂

Living on Vancouver island, its is a real treat to land at CYVR and take off from there to buzz downtown Vancouver!  

Great addition to my airport collection which previously included only Orbx KORS and freeware Meigs airfield..

DcpeCSS.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 4

Bert

21 hours ago, pmb said:

I got an email notification from FSDT with a link to the reduced price product which worked.

Kind regards, Michael

I got the e-mail too...after I had already purchased the airport. I was in too much of a hurry. HA HA! Too eager for FSDT Airport!

But its priced ok..so np. 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny and others,

I finally got the email late last night and did purchase it, but this emailing previous owners (and delayed and slowly at that....)for discounts

on the MSFS versions is the most antiquated method of getting this done I can imagine.  We need to get FSDT like every other developer who offers these rebates for purchases made directly from them in the past to simply utilize the login and purchase record at the time of transaction.  I made this statement yesterday on their forum.  Don't know what you would do if you had changed email or internet providers (email suffix) since your P3D/FSX purchase.  I think the email rebate system they have is just dumb.  I'm ready to buy, but oh wait, and wait, and wait.....

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Living on Vancouver island, its is a real treat to land at CYVR and take off from there to buzz downtown Vancouver!  

A beautiful place to live. I visited Victoria and Tofino as part of PNW road trip (from Ireland) 10 years ago and was amazed by the beauty of Vancouver Island. A truly stunning place.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I feel kind of spoiled in that the Pacific Northwest seems like one of the most beautiful places in the world to fly, being from the region I always thought that was just being biased. But whether its flying or sailing or camping it just seems like theres many places that appeal in other ways but the North American Pacific Northwest is just incredible honestly. But after flying in sims with it up against the whole planet it might actually be true. The combination of the mountains, the forests, the big cities the sheltered marine environment and the islands just are hard to beat. 

That being said, in real life depending on the season it might be hard to get off the ground lol so being in Texas now it has its advantages.

8 hours ago, Noel said:

I got there Kelowna Add on, certainly sucks up the frame rates, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, jpe828 said:

I got there Kelowna Add on, certainly sucks up the frame rates, unfortunately. 

I was just flying around Kelowna today with the fsimstudios version and didn't get a frame rate hit at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just did an ILS approach into Rwy 26R. At first all seemed well. The autopilot captured the ILS and followed the glide slope. Then I noticed that the heading was slightly off and  that the autopilot wanted to land me a mile or so off the runway. Eventually I had to disable it and land manually. Although it all worked fine and was quite fun, I’d still like to know what happened. The magenta diamonds worked correctly, only the autopilot didn‘t follow the lateral one. Is there an offset localizer or something like that or is this a bug? Has anyone experienced the same?

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

17 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Just did an ILS approach into Rwy 26R. At first all seemed well. The autopilot captured the ILS and followed the glide slope. Then I noticed that the heading was slightly off and  that the autopilot wanted to land me a mile or so off the runway. Eventually I had to disable it and land manually. Although it all worked fine and was quite fun, I’d still like to know what happened. The magenta diamonds worked correctly, only the autopilot didn‘t follow the lateral one. Is there an offset localizer or something like that or is this a bug? Has anyone experienced the same?

In reality there is no offset LOC. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

For an ILS approach, you need to switch the GPS to LOC mode, and your magenta diamonds turn to green, I believe (driven by the NAV radio).

What airplane were you flying?

• Like 1

Bert

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

What airplane were you flying?

Ah yes, forgot to mention that. Sorry. It was the a320 with the latest mod (stable version).

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 10/17/2020 at 11:25 AM, Noel said:

and when I installed FSDT KPDX that was the end of those settings, so for now I've uninstalled KPDX until a new GPU appears, hopefully RTX 3080 20Gb.

Noel, Flightbeam did KPDX not FSDT. It was actually Bill Womack from iBlueYonder but published from Flightbeam. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

Just did an ILS approach into Rwy 26R. At first all seemed well. The autopilot captured the ILS and followed the glide slope. Then I noticed that the heading was slightly off and  that the autopilot wanted to land me a mile or so off the runway.

I just flew it in the Bonanza and experienced the same problem.. the ILS is definitely not correct.

I'll try removing the airport and see if it changes at all..

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just flew it in the Bonanza and experienced the same problem.. the ILS is definitely not correct.

I'll try removing the airport and see if it changes at all..

The forum for CYVR for FSDT is at: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,66.0.html. You can report the bug there and one of the developers can fix it (I am waiting for the MSFS marketplace release of CYVR so technically, I don't own it yet so I can't really report the bug).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM