Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

3090 in FS

5 minutes ago, zemez said:

I have same specs than you, and no way im getting 60 FPS everywhere. With Airbus or TBM, I get less than 40 fps when approaching. Ultra settings and same resolution as you. CPU is bottlenecking and sometimes GPU usage is about 60% when idling at airport. I wouldnt recommend buying 3090 for this game alone. 

I don’t use airbus or any heavy stuff as stated, I am GA only mainly, and it also is largely dependant upon what refresh rates you have your displays at (low, medium, high). I personally prefer steam gauges so that helps. 
I’ve never seen gpu usage below 80%. But I have only started testing so, who knows.... 

On my limited tests so far, I am always gpu limited and never cpu limited. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I don’t use airbus or any heavy stuff as stated, I am GA only mainly, and it also is largely dependant upon what refresh rates you have your displays at (low, medium, high). I personally prefer steam gauges so that helps. 
I’ve never seen gpu usage below 80%. But I have only started testing so, who knows.... 

On my limited tests so far, I am always gpu limited and never cpu limited. 

At high altitudes gpu usage is good, but close to ground it decreases quite a lot. Little optimization needed I quess. I think there is nothing that 3080 wouldnt do. 

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Thank for posting this I have 3 3090s on its way to me now have  not pick a CPU yet .I may go with the 3960X not sure yet 

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

7 minutes ago, zemez said:

At high altitudes gpu usage is good, but close to ground it decreases quite a lot. Little optimization needed I quess. I think there is nothing that 3080 wouldnt do. 

Ohh but there is, check out Vram usage for starters. I’ve seen my 3090 use above 10gb all ready in limited testing. 

16 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Ohh but there is, check out Vram usage for starters. I’ve seen my 3090 use above 10gb all ready in limited testing. 

VRAM usage is low too. Rarely above 10. 

DX12 will help with this, I think. 

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

3 minutes ago, zemez said:

VRAM usage is low too. Rarely above 10. 

DX12 will help with this, I think. 

We don't have a definitive answer to this yet.  Some people running P3D v5 with DX12 say that VRAM usage is higher with DX12.

Confusing.  We will have to wait and see. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

We don't have a definitive answer to this yet.  Some people running P3D v5 with DX12 say that VRAM usage is higher with DX12.

Confusing.  We will have to wait and see. 

Yes, but with 3090 Vram usage isnt a problem. I hope it will use more vram, if it helps to increase performance. 

Edited by zemez

57 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’d probably choose one with HDR1000. 400 is pretty pointless. Other than that, it’s a superb monitor, and G-Sync works amazing with it too. No flickering or anything. (Some G-Sync monitors have bad flickering as the FPS fluctuates).  

Yes. My experience of HDR1000 and HDR400 is the latter is... well... pointless. Virtually no difference to a non-HDR setup. Definitely worth getting an HDR1000 monitor if you can afford it. And MSFS2020's implementation of HDR is just wonderful.

I've got an Asus 4k HDR1000 monitor so would be interesting to see what difference the 3090 makes to a 2080Ti in 4k. My 3090 has been on pre-order since 'release'. Probably at least another couple of weeks away. All in good time! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Yes. My experience of HDR1000 and HDR400 is the latter is... well... pointless. Virtually no difference to a non-HDR setup. Definitely worth getting an HDR1000 monitor if you can afford it. And MSFS2020's implementation of HDR is just wonderful.

I've got an Asus 4k HDR1000 monitor so would be interesting to see what difference the 3090 makes to a 2080Ti in 4k. My 3090 has been on pre-order since 'release'. Probably at least another couple of weeks away. All in good time! 

Out of curiosity is this the PG43UQ?

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

1 minute ago, FrankR409 said:

Out of curiosity is this the PG43UQ?

No, I have the 27" PG27U.

That 43" version is waaaaay cheaper than the 27" was when I bought it. Wow!

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, few people wanted some reports when I had this card in. 
I have set everything to ultra. I have locked my frame rate using rivatuner to 60fps. 
I am maintaining the 60fps pretty much everywhere no matter where I am except major cities where it fluctuates between 45-60. However one thing to notice is the frame time. It’s substantially better. There is odd micro stutter here and there every 5 mins, but I believe that’s down to the program coding itself. 

Overall would I purchase the 3090 again for MSFS? Yes! Would I purchase it over a 3080? Yes! The 15% difference may cost a lot, however every 1% or more in fight simulation counts..... especially when we start adding planes and scenery etc..... it has given me headroom for the future, plus when they start making the code more efficient and switch to DX12, there is no Vram worry either. 

Resolution on 1st monitor is 3840x1600. And second monitor is bog standard HD. CPU is 9900Ks watercooled at 5GhZ. 32Gb DDR4 3200mhz ram. 3090 gpu. 

PS my 2080Ti is now for sale. Just pm me. 

Can you tell us the difference in performance when comparing the 2080Ti with the 3090 ?

Thanks

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I also would like to report back on how my system performs as well with the 3090. I had it for about a few days already and it was a huge difference from the GTX 1080 I had. For comparison my GTX 1080 when flown with the same preset would yield me about 9-17 fps in dense areas such as NYC.

I am flying at a true 4k 3860x2160 with the ultra preset. With live weather, AI traffic, online players, etc. My system is completely default with no overclock whatsoever. I have flown the TBM 930 with the working title g3000 mod, Flybywire A320's mod, C172 G1000 with the working title mods. I have flown in OrbX EGLC with Orbx London Cityscape, OrbX Sydney, Tokyo, LatinVFR's KSAN. My frames are around 35-40fps on ground on the runway, and once airborn it will get up to 45-50+. Deduct about ~5fps when flying at night in dense urban areas. It's a dream come true for me to be able to fully enjoy MSFS to it's full blown potential now. I fly using a 55" Samsung HDR 4k TV and the experience is extremely immersive and beautiful. VRAM usage for me is usually around 8GB and the most I've ever seen it consume is aboute 10GB. Which leaves plenty of headroom for the future. Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase and look further into the future when Asobo optimizes the sim and moves over to DX12. Performance will only get better from here on!

I would also like to point out that when taking off from OrbX EGLC at night with OrbX London Landmarks addon, I was surprised to see that on runway I was getting around 42fps and after take off and flying over downtown London it went up to around 45-49fps with totally blew my mind. I didn't expect to see frames that high when London, is a very dense area.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I also would like to report back on how my system performs as well with the 3090. I had it for about a few days already and it was a huge difference from the GTX 1080 I had. For comparison my GTX 1080 when flown with the same preset would yield me about 9-17 fps in dense areas such as NYC.

I am flying at a true 4k 3860x2160 with the ultra preset. my system is completely default with no overclock whatsoever. I have flown the TBM 930 with the working title g3000 mod, Flybywire A320's mod, C172 G1000 with the working title mods. I have flown in OrbX EGLC with Orbx London Cityscape, OrbX Sydney, Tokyo, LatinVFR's KSAN. My frames are around 35-40fps on ground on the runway, and once airborn it will get up to 45-50+. Deduct about ~5fps when flying at night in dense urban areas. It's a dream come true for me to be able to fully enjoy MSFS to it's full blown potential now. I fly using a 55" Samsung HDR 4k TV and the experience is extremely immersive and beautiful. VRAM usage for me is usually around 8GB and the most I've ever seen it consume is aboute 10GB. Which leaves plenty of headroom for the future. Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase and look further into the future when Asobo optimizes the sim and moves over to DX12. Performance will only get better from here on!

Thanks for your report. You are also prepared when MSFS will go DX12...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks for the info, Ian. Sounds like a beast! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Can you tell us the difference in performance when comparing the 2080Ti with the 3090 ?

Thanks

Well, without being scientific about it, it's faster. Smoother. Better. captain420 Summed it up better than me 🙂