Sign in to follow this  
Buckster

FSX + Vista RC2 + ATI RC2 Driver - Frame Rate Results

Right some FSX screenies in Vista RC2 - with FRAPs now working (latest version). I'd always found Vista (RC1, Beta 2 etc) to have very poor performance in games, but for some reason RC2 + ATI RC2 driver seems very good indeed - give it a go - I've also noticed big gains for Lock-on too.you guys may have been getting these sort of frame rates before in big cities before now, but saying that I was getting a slide-show in XP is an understatement (less than 10 fps for sure)I'd been experimenting with Autogen configs, re-compressing textures and all sorts of other tweaks in XP, to not much avail, but Vista -straight out of the box so to speak.All Seattle (apart from last 2), scenery settings almost at full (textures etc) -left hand settings in graphics optionsBloom has to be OFF4xFSAA and 8x AF selecting in ATI Catalyst Control Centre. 1600x1200, but resized to comply with forum ruleshope this is of help, Mark.1st piccie, normal scenery density, normal autogen2nd piccie, normal scenery density, normal autogen3rd piccie, normal scenery density, normal autogenLast one - still smooth-ish and more than playable - dense scenery, dense autogen, and 50% road traffic2 last ones from San Fran Airport1st one - Airline density 75%EDIT: You didn't resize the images. They were still at 1600 pixels wide. Please resize them to no more than 1024 wide.

Moderator - Please re-insert all my links - they are all exactly following the rules of the forum, I went to the bother of resizing all of them.I presume you re-loaded them, and you're not talking about the ones in your browser cache ? as they all have the same file nameMark.