Sign in to follow this  
Guest SERPO

Problem with log book

Guest SERPO

Hi,Not sure what happened to my flight log book. It was recording each of my flights. I was up to 59 landings with approx 25 hours of flight. Then all of a sudden it quit recording. I thought that I may have changed a setting, but I can

Guest thedoggg

Mine hasn't worked at all, although it somehow picked up the flights I did with the demo.Carlos

Yeah, got the same problem. Started out logging then quit. HmmmI've looked for a setting and looked in the FSX.cfg but can't find any reference to it. Mine logged for 9 days before it quit.

Guest dg3274

Yeah mine quit after a few days as well. Haven't figured out how to get it working again other than to delete the logbook.bin file and let FSX make a new one. It will start working again but all your previous log entries are lost. I hope someone can figure out how to fix our current book without loosing it!

Guest MattNW

It only costs $10 at almost any airport. Stop in and pick yourself up a logbook. The one in FS2002 and 2004 was so bad that I didn't even bother turning the feature on. It's also more realistic, only takes a few seconds at the end of your flight and it just feels better seeing it in ink in a real physical book.

Guest SERPO

I just e-mailed Microsoft Tech Support about it. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Guest teamblackthistle

The Logbook seems to have a few glitches connected with it, my program stopped responding due to it and had to delete the logbook file in Your Documents before it would get past the splash screen

>The Logbook seems to have a few glitches connected with it,>my program stopped responding due to it and had to delete the>logbook file in Your Documents before it would get past the>splash screen I posted on this phenomena several days ago. FSX will hang on the splash screen if the logbook becomes corrupted. I dug into this problem and with the aid of a hex editor I was able to recover my logbook. The problem was an incorrect "record length byte" in the logbook.BIN file. By changing that byte to the correct value all was well again. It seems like the logbook in FSX is prone to problems so it would be prudent to back it up regularly. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest mwolf42

The logbook is rather buggy. It has been my experience that if FSX ever crashes, or even if you quit the game without ending the flight first, there is a good chance the logbook will be corrupted and FSX will refuse to save any new entries.Make a regular backup of it. Hopefully MS will fix this.

Guest Valkyrie321

Any updates on this? My logbook just failed on me :(

Guest SERPO

I still haven't heard from MicrosoftJeff