Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Does not P3D V5 have live weather ?

At least I can't find any setting to load and use real time weather like I can in FSX (although that don't work now for reason I don't understand) and in XP11.

I have Active Sky Next for P3D but that version is not compatible with P3D V5. So for now live weather not possible unlike the other sims, or ?

With P3D live weather has always been through 3rd party like Active Sky. And amazingly you just missed an upgrade Window on the 15th for persons to upgrade to the current beta for V5.

6 hours ago, jfri said:

At least I can't find any setting to load and use real time weather like I can in FSX (although that don't work now for reason I don't understand) and in XP11.

I have Active Sky Next for P3D but that version is not compatible with P3D V5. So for now live weather not possible unlike the other sims, or ?

If you're in desperate need of a free live weather engine, try out P3DWX. I used this before ASP3D was released and it worked quite well in v5 although I will say the clouds and winds aloft are a little bit funky in P3DWX. It also does not have any sort of weather radar integration with aircraft, so the WX mode on the NDs won't work.

Unfortunately unless if you owned ASP4 (which is ActiveSky for P3Dv3 and P3Dv4) you cannot get ASP3D at the moment as it's currently in open beta for previous ASP4 owners. And I believe that this promotional already ended 6 days ago anyways. 

You're just going to have to wait for ASP3D to release, because as of now, unless if you upgraded from your ASP4 purchase, I don't think you can buy ASP3D. So yes, technically there is no ActiveSky for P3Dv5. P3DWX is the only option for those who were not able to upgrade from a previous AS purchase.

Edited by arwasairl

8 hours ago, jfri said:

So for now live weather not possible unlike the other sims, or ?

FYI...If you are looking for a P3Dv5 weather engine available today you could also try Opus since you missed out on the Open beta for ASP3D (this closed on 10th October). P3Dv5 is supported officially.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

Alternatively as the others mentioned wait for the Beta version of Active Sky to be officially released.But it will likely cost you some money. 

Perhaps HiFi will offer an upgrade promotion for previous customers that missed the registration window for the Open Beta.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

12 hours ago, aldridgem said:

Alternatively as the others mentioned wait for the Beta version of Active Sky to be officially released.But it will likely cost you some money. 

Perhaps HiFi will offer an upgrade promotion for previous customers that missed the registration window for the Open Beta.

Is this Opus as good as Active Sky ? If not I think I will wait for Active Sky to be released. I wonder approximately how long time it will be ?

I use FSrealWX3.0. It seems to do a good job of installing weather into P3d v5. The only observation (and I don't know if this is a flaw in the weather client or P3d's weather engine) is that there are few gradual weather transitions. It could be scattered clouds and the BAM! total overcast and low visibility then 5 miles on it could be low cloud with high cirrus- but a sudden change. Otherwise...It's a minor thing.

43 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

I use FSrealWX3.0. It seems to do a good job of installing weather into P3d v5. The only observation (and I don't know if this is a flaw in the weather client or P3d's weather engine) is that there are few gradual weather transitions. It could be scattered clouds and the BAM! total overcast and low visibility then 5 miles on it could be low cloud with high cirrus- but a sudden change. Otherwise...It's a minor thing.

I have FSGRW from Pilot's and have the same issue with total overcast and low visibility transitions. I read that there are still issues with P3DV5 weather that could be causing the issue according to Pilot's.  I used FSGRW in FSX and liked its simple and easy to use interface. Hopefully the sudden transitions to low visibility will be fixed with the next P3DV5 patch.

• Upvote 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Using FS Global Weather for P3DV5.  The clouds are not the best but it is real.  It's cheap as well.   Buy direct.

14 hours ago, jfmitch said:

Using FS Global Weather for P3DV5.  The clouds are not the best but it is real.  It's cheap as well.   Buy direct.

At Just Flight the price is listed as Euro 45 not cheap