Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

Why is QualityWings support so bad?

Quality by name but not by nature it appears.

There are a number of issues with their v5 of the 787, yet they are incredibly slow to address these problems and in some cases just ignore support requests.

Other developers are so quick to get back to you, it's so disappointing that a company whose name is synonymous with quality is in reality the complete opposite.

I agree with you 100% 

they are pathetic ,the worst developers

their response is to issues with the aircraft . Is that ,oh well it’s not study level.

I have  even read a comment on the forum

by a 787 rated pilot wanting to help.

they basically said. Shove it!!!

so i disappointed and mad.

Mike 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I agree with you 100% 

they are pathetic ,the worst developers

their response is to issues with the aircraft . Is that ,oh well it’s not study level.

I have  even read a comment on the forum

by a 787 rated pilot wanting to help.

they basically said. Shove it!!!

so i disappointed and mad.

Mike 

What are the issues you’re referring to? Given the attitude in this post, I’d be inclined not help you too. What, exactly, makes this aircraft “a mess.”  I’m genuinely curious as I’m able to complete flights without incident 

• Like 4

Matt King

I've always found the support from QualityWings to be very good. If people report a problem they will ask for enough detail to try and reproduce it - even making videos to show the results of their investigation. There are some issues they have not fixed but they explain the reasons in their forum. They also have a no quibbles refund policy. You have to consider how they match up to the competition.

The QW787 is 3 aircraft for $80. As a comparison, currently, the FSLabs A320 is $140, A319 $50 and A321 $60 (total $250 i.e. more than 3 times the price). For people on a budget I think the 787 is a good deal.

Edited by simfan1983

The QW 787 is a very good aircraft and the price is definitely right. I have no issues with this plane.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, PilotPete99 said:

The QW 787 is a very good aircraft and the price is definitely right. I have no issues with this plane.

Cheers, Pete

4 hours ago, kingm56 said:

What are the issues you’re referring to? Given the attitude in this post, I’d be inclined not help you too. What, exactly, makes this aircraft “a mess.”  I’m genuinely curious as I’m able to complete flights without incident 

I'll agree not had any issues with it  sure its not pmdg or fsl standard but it's not too bad.  In my opinion 

14ppkc-6.png

Just took it this morning from TLV to LHR.  Virgin 654. Empty positioner on G-VDIA  https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-vdia#25cb8c8a

Used today's real world paperwork.  The burns are bang on and on setting the parking brake the shut down fuel was more or less actually the same as the rw paperwork I think it was 130kgs difference.  

No issues at all , good proformance. 

On departure it climb nicely even though we where light and it Stuck on the descent profile like a boss. 

It's a nice addon. 

2020-10-17-5-9-35-5.jpg

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

18 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I have issues with the lnav and vnav.

alot of  times the aircraft would not follow the magenta line. For eg it would bank way earlier or too late.

step climbs are a mess,  it works sometimes.

i set the initial altitude at 33000 in mcp for long haul then set it at 370 it would climb early sometimes and then it would not climb at all, i have  set at auto in config Also.

landing lights are a mess. Way too bright and it does not fade into distance like the pmdg aircrafts.  it’s just a solid line 
tail light illumination has a mins of its own 

turns on sometimes when I switch it on 

and sometimes it does not.

cheers

mike

The thing they need to optimize is The Gauge refresh for speed and altitude ticket. It’s annoyingly choppy 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

14 hours ago, mikeymike said:

I have issues with the lnav and vnav.

alot of  times the aircraft would not follow the magenta line. For eg it would bank way earlier or too late.

step climbs are a mess,  it works sometimes.

i set the initial altitude at 33000 in mcp for long haul then set it at 370 it would climb early sometimes and then it would not climb at all, i have  set at auto in config Also.

landing lights are a mess. Way too bright and it does not fade into distance like the pmdg aircrafts.  it’s just a solid line 
tail light illumination has a mins of its own 

turns on sometimes when I switch it on 

and sometimes it does not.

cheers

mike

I'll give you that Mike. the step climbs totally don't work properly 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 10/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, simfan1983 said:

I've always found the support from QualityWings to be very good. If people report a problem they will ask for enough detail to try and reproduce it - even making videos to show the results of their investigation. There are some issues they have not fixed but they explain the reasons in their forum. They also have a no quibbles refund policy. You have to consider how they match up to the competition.

The QW787 is 3 aircraft for $80. As a comparison, currently, the FSLabs A320 is $140, A319 $50 and A321 $60 (total $250 i.e. more than 3 times the price). For people on a budget I think the 787 is a good deal.

The QW787 is also a better at being a 787 than the FSL Airbus is at being a 787. Hahaha

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I don't have this plane but my guess is at some point they have to start working on new planes and developments rather than continuing to improve something they sold for $80 to customers years ago and is no longer bringing in any revenue. Standard practice.

35 minutes ago, sanh said:

I don't have this plane but my guess is at some point they have to start working on new planes and developments rather than continuing to improve something they sold for $80 to customers years ago and is no longer bringing in any revenue. Standard practice.

The best aircraft makers keep refining their product so they don’t lose the market to somebody else. It’s why pmdg holds on to the 737 and fslabs the airbus. Nothing wrong with charging for updates imo though 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next