Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

LIRQ, Florence Released

I just noticed that Gaya Sim's LIRQ has been released at the ORBX store.

A little on the pricey side so I'm a bit reluctant to buy now. Maybe in a day or two.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I wish they would do Venice along with the Venice city.

I've been buying all addons since MSFS was released. Now I need to slow down a bit and be more selective. I am not buying the UK2000 sceneries. They are priced a tad high from Brit pounds to USD. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It looks a stunning airport I have to say. GA and large GA nice parking also.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just a bit of a heads up. This looks like possibly the best airport release so far. I'll be buying this one for sure. It certainly will force other developers to up their game (in some cases). Check out the trailer if you haven't already (on the page in the link).

https://orbxdirect.com/product/gaya-lirq-msfs

Edited by steve310002

I don't put much stock into highly processed/cinematic trailers and screenshots. Show me how it looks on an average system. 

• Like 4

Does look nice but I am going to stick with the ones Gaya did for Japan for free for now and the lovely NZA Simulations Australia and New Zealand work. Given the quality and detail of the free airports I see no reason to pay for them at the moment.

CJ

Where do people rank Gaya amongst the elite developers? Seems to me that there right up there with Flytampa etc certainly not far off them.

I am simply beginning to find it more and more difficult to spend more than $15 for an airport addon. Yes, for sure, I bought tons and tons thereof for FSX.

But that was then, this is now.

• Like 4

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

I see lots of rail lines and trains. Do the Trains move? I have my doubts cause ASOBO said its not in their priority list.

Two of my fav aiports used to be Alaska Stevens airport where theye was moving trains. The other was at UK2000 Gatwick a Pink colored train would pass just as your arrive at like 200/300 feet AGL to Gatick...I loved Gatwick just on that account.

Manny

With a whole world to explore why limit yourself to one airport? How many of the extra details around terminals will you notice during the course of a flight? Since fs5 i have never bought an airport. Nothing to change my mind yet...

I would (and did) buy my home airport. Hard to buy many more after that because it is a big planet. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

10 minutes ago, sanh said:

With a whole world to explore why limit yourself to one airport? How many of the extra details around terminals will you notice during the course of a flight? Since fs5 i have never bought an airport. Nothing to change my mind yet...

You would have less reasons to but addon airports for MSFS.

For me I buy addons for the following reasons in this order of priority

1) Run way texture. It needs to be unique to that runway/airport. If it looks close to default runway, I do not buy. This for me the single most important thing for an addon airport. When we approach to land I am fixated on the touch point and the runway stays in my mind. 

2) the runway undulation (in MSFS) since we do not have to have a flat runway anymore. I love this... new feature. No more flat flat flat carboards.

3) the general crowded enviroment of the terminal and the terminal area, parking lot, roads and cars around the airport merged well with the area. Orbx does this extremely well for small airports, Fly Tampa, FSDT, Flight Beam, UK2000, Aerosoft, LVFR and few others do this very well.

4) I like Lots of Parked aircrafts and vehicles moving around the airport...

All others are of less importance, Inside terminals, Jetways... etc.

If someone makes 100 major airport Runways that are exactly as real..just the textures for the runway, I'll buy that addon! LOL 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Wow, they even have a highly detailed moving light train for this airport.  The detail of the airport looks really, really good.  This airport shows why MSFS is definitely the next gen flight sim.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

OK I couldn't resist the moving trains..so bought Florence But then I mistakenly bought Leeds and then I bought Florence. Orbx Leeds is cheaper than UK2000 airports so its ok.

🙂

Manny

2 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Just a bit of a heads up. This looks like possibly the best airport release so far. I'll be buying this one for sure. It certainly will force other developers to up their game (in some cases). Check out the trailer if you haven't already (on the page in the link).

https://orbxdirect.com/product/gaya-lirq-msfs

Steve, I merged your topic to the existing topic on the same subject.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator