Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Silver Spirit.... or Sopwith??

Chock might wear some crazy hats, but I've got an entire outfit! :cool: The uniform (1930's period style) arrived today, and it fits quite well even if I do say so myself! Part time chauffeur for a friend's fledgling wedding car hire business... well I would be if it wasn't for the Covids... His first booking is next year now.. anyhow, It's going to be fun learning to drive an 80+ year old Rolls Royce 25/30 as well as a 1980s Silver Spirit, not to mention learning the maintenance regimen.:wink: I've never been into vintage cars before, but I always think that it's great to see them being used out and about in the days of GPS, parking sensors and ABS.  I just need the leather gauntlets and I'm ready to fire up the Sopwith too :biggrin:

fhWyoJd.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

How very "Retro Cool" in the chauffeur's outfit! 😇

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you! My Sister In Law says I look like the Gestapo... :laugh:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I think you have managed to redefine the meaning of "short story" with eight pages... 😉

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Chock might wear some crazy hats

I simply can't imagine where you got that idea...

saEyzOo.jpg

And yes, for the nerds out there, that does indeed say 'Chock' in the Star Wars language of Aurebesh on that helmet lol.

Love that chauffer outfit Mark. Very cool. All set for an appearance in an Agatha Christie adaptation or maybe as Kato in The Green Hornet. 🙂🙂

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 10/17/2020 at 3:40 PM, HighBypass said:

crazy hats,

Has the rosette on the cap any meaning or is it just to look pretty ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

or is it just to look pretty

I believe that to be the case.However, I'll check with my "boss" :cool:

Mark Robinson

Another question if you don't mind  (you asked for it, didn't you ?) : how early have you to rise in the morning to have time to fully lace the boots ?

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

@Dominique_K Whenever I wish - the boots are, I suppose, a modern cheat. I believe that zip fasteners were being used in the 1930's but they hadn't been around for very long. The boots have a zip up the inner side :happy:. The laces are however fully functional.

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Nice look. Our flight boots in the Air Force back in the 60's had the zipper on the inside too. In fact I am wearing them in my bio/screen photo here.

• Like 1