Sign in to follow this  
aznricepuff

WorkingTitle G3000 mod v0.2.0 Full Release

The WorkingTitle G3000 mod v0.2.0 Full Release is now live. The full release contains some bug fixes for issues reported with the pre-releases, so if you are still on v0.2.0-pre1 or -pre2 make sure to update. You can grab it at Github here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g3000-v0.2.0

The file you want is called “workingtitle-g3000-v0.2.0.zip”.

Some release highlights for v0.2.0:

• The G3000 mod is now integrated with the WorkingTitle ecosystem! This has allowed the addition of the following features:
    • Certain G3000 settings (including all newly added ones) are now saved across flights.
    • SVT toggle for the PFD.
    • Altimeter baro units toggle between IN HG and HPA.
  • More new navigational map features:
    • Added range ring/range compass overlay.
    • Map zoom behavior now more closely matches the real G3000.
    • Added ability to show track vector, altitude intercept arc, and fuel range ring.
    • Added city display backed by a worldwide 26,000-city database from simplemaps.
    • Toggle between none/absolute/relative terrain modes.
    • Auto-North Up.
  • Terrain colors on the navigational map have been changed to better match the real G3000.
  • Partial support for the Longitude: cosmetic changes only, no new functionality.
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Map scroll is no longer broken in HDG/TRK UP modes.

Read the documentation here: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/tree/main/docs/workingtitle-g3000

Please report any issues you find on the Github page: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

When reporting issues, we appreciate any and all details you can provide, including the exact nature of the issue, how often it occurs, and how to reproduce it.

Edited by aznricepuff
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, aznricepuff said:

The WorkingTitle G3000 mod v0.2.0 Full Release is now live.

Thanks for this, much appreciated!

It would be great if future releases would work with the Styled_g3000_TSC cosmetic mod which provides more realistic looking touch screens.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/styling-the-g3000-tsc/278409  

Unfortunately these two mods seem to conflict somehow because I no longer get the updated touch screens with the Working Title mod in place.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What ac does this work with?

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

14 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Assuming ac=aircraft, the mod currently has full support only for the TBM 930. The Longitude will see a limited set of cosmetic improvements, but no new functionality.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Works well with the TBM 930.

Al

Edited by ark

Does the G3000 correct the doubling back when an approach is assigned as the G1000 mod does?

How is the impact to framerates?

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Thank-you very much for this. It is a huge improvement.

Hope to see this compatible with the GTC 580 touch-screen mod in the future. 

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

2 minutes ago, zemez said:

On my computer, I may lose up to 5fps if there are a lot of symbols being drawn on the map. This can be mitigated by using reasonable map settings (you normally wouldn't want the map to be overcrowded anyway). However, I have a fairly powerful CPU (Ryzen 3900X), so YMMV. I would say try it out and if you run into any performance issues let us know.

• Like 1

Just now, henne1802 said:

is it possible to display the distance or the ETA to the destination? 

It should be. It's one of the features I'm tentatively planning to include for the next major release.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, aznricepuff said:

It should be. It's one of the features I'm tentatively planning to include for the next major release.

I find distance and time (ETE) to the next waypoint is particularly useful, such as for computing descent rates and planning turns onto DME arcs.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, aznricepuff said:

On my computer, I may lose up to 5fps if there are a lot of symbols being drawn on the map. This can be mitigated by using reasonable map settings (you normally wouldn't want the map to be overcrowded anyway). However, I have a fairly powerful CPU (Ryzen 3900X), so YMMV. I would say try it out and if you run into any performance issues let us know.

I get about the same 5 - 6 fps less. 

I really like your work. This looks much more real than default g3000. Keep up good work. 

• Like 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

23 hours ago, zemez said:

not good if you leave the cities in the MFD

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg