Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Parking Spot Problem

Ok, I use P2ATC to do my flight plan.  I've tried using the info box to set the parking space in the flightplan but I still end up on the runway.  Not starting in a parking spot is totally messing up my communications in P2ATC.  It seems that if it doesn't go in sequence as, clearance delivery, ground, tower etc., then the whole communications process with ATC is out the window.  When I export a flight plan to MSFS it looks good.  If I go to put in a specific parking spot the flight plan totally changes on the screen.  So how do I get the airplane in a parking spot with the flight plan intact?  It doesn't matter if it is a VFR or IFR flight plan.  Thanks for the help.

Rodger

This has been discussed multiple times on this forum, the last time was just a few days ago.  You need to select your parking start point using the pulldown menu and NOT selecting via the map.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

This has been discussed multiple times on this forum, the last time was just a few days ago.  You need to select your parking start point using the pulldown menu and NOT selecting via the map.

Done that multiple times and it always changes the flight plan route, and still sets me at the end of the runway.

Edited by C130FE

I was just playing with this today.

Try clicking on first the blue leg of your flightplane coming out of the airport, so it gets highlighted white.

Then change to the desired parking spot in the drop down.

At least for me, this allowed me to select a parking spot without having the rest of my flight plan mangled.   

If I did not click the first leg and changed the parking spot, MSFS seemed to replan the plan.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

I was just playing with this today.

Try clicking on first the blue leg of your flightplane coming out of the airport, so it gets highlighted white.

Then change to the desired parking spot in the drop down.

At least for me, this allowed me to select a parking spot without having the rest of my flight plan mangled.   

If I did not click the first leg and changed the parking spot, MSFS seemed to replan the plan.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll give that a try.  First time I've heard of that.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:06 PM, RodgerC said:

Thanks for the tip.  I'll give that a try.  First time I've heard of that.

If it doesn't work, try this from MDFlier...has been working for me with P2atc.  Make sure you set up p2atc plan AFTER you do below steps.

"Hmmm... Sounds like the problem I had before I read the Simbrief info on FBW's web page.

When are you doing the 1st request for the flight plan from Simbief? In the AOC menu, or on the init page?

At first, I was using the SImbrief button on the Flypad, and then going straight into the AOC menu and sending the request. After I selected the departure runway, SID, and transition, and then the arrival transition, STAR, and approach, the "middle" of the FP was getting messed up. Goofy stuff like repeating all of SID waypoints twice and other odd stuff.

The FBW docs say to make sure that you send the request from INIT page 1, before going into the AOC menu (it does not seem to matter when you hit the Simbrief button on the Flypad) After I started doing that, all I usually have to do is delete a single disconnect at the end of the SID prior to the 1st enroute waypoint after setting up the departure and arrival...

One last thing. When you launch your flight from the world map, the only thing you need to do is select the proper date, time, departure airport, and gate. Leave the arrival airport and flight plan blank.

Edited Tuesday at 06:25 PM by MDFlier"