Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Monument Valley mod for Microsoft Flight Simulator MSFS 2020

Fantastic mod....

@cavaricooper and I grabbed a few modded Xcubs and took a beautiful sunrise flight together, sipping coffee and talking aviation...can't think of a better way to start a day!

poZettqnj

After we parted ways, a bit later, I hopped in "my" 172 and took this nice shot 🙂

TPHIO3.jpg

Loving the sim and all the guys giving us great mods on top of the great sim.

• Like 9

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

UPDATE: October 26, 2020

https://flightsim.to/file/1836/monument-valley-arizona-utah-border-work-in-progress

Monument Valley, Arizona-Utah border V2.0

YLz3Lb.jpg

lPQrVc.jpg

EHjUmf.jpg

V2.0 Updates:
Scenery has been expanded and the textures have been color corrected to better blend with the original ground textures.
This is Monument Valley scenery with a high level of detail.
Most of the famous sandstone buttes are included and were present in films like Back to the Future (Part3) & Forrest Gump.

V1.0:

• West Mitten Butte
  • East Mitten Butte
  • Merrick Butte
  • Sentinel Mesa
  • Big Indian
  • Stagecoach
  • Brighams Tomb
V2.0:
  • Visitor Center
  • Eagle Mesa
  • Setting Hen
  • Mitchell Butte
  • Mitchell Mesa
  • Gray Whiskers Butte
  • Three Sisters
  • Wetherill Mesa
  • Ear of Wind
  • Big Hogan
  • Suns Eye
  • The Flying Eagle
  • Totem Pole & Yei Bi Chei
  • Artist's Point
  • The Thumb
  • Camel Butte
  • Spearhead Mesa
To view the scenery, takeoff from Monument Valley Airport (UT25) and fly to the East.
**Installation:**
IMPORTANT:  Open "Monument_Valley_V2.0.zip" and within this folder extract the THREE files "monumentvalley" "monumentvalleyvc" & "monumentvalleytiles" to your Community Folder.
  • Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Scenery has been expanded and the textures have been color corrected

Thank you!  I just can't enjoy stuff with that blue-hue that uncorrected Google Earth imports have, no matter how much I want to.   That updated screenshot looks great.

Amazing scenery.
I visited two times the real Monument  Valley and what I see in the sim is exactly the same. Incredible !!! Thank you for the effort.

Is it possible to have the photogrammetric scenery also near UT25 airport (near Goulding Lodge)?

thanks, Stefano

Edited by ilpagaia
  • Like 1

Good becomes GREAT... and it’s gratis. How can one not be grateful?

Ta- C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Been there twice myself including once on horseback. It was a thrill to fly over it with this scenery today. Very realistic indeed. A big thank you to the developer.

I hope someone does nearby Ship Rock, Mesa Verde National Park and Capital Reef National Park. They all have great Google Maps photogrammetry.

Earlier, I flew from Monument Valley to Telluride and also though that it would be great to have the historic town of Telluride modeled seems the airport is rather nicely done already and included by Asobo.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:58 PM, HiFlyer said:

I would suspect Orbx might bring us a paid version of this one day.....

Maybe, but honestly, who wants to pay for it when you can get something like this for FREE?

• Like 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

All this stuff is great, but definitely finding some of those community utilities helpful.  If I enable This, Bryce, Zion, Arches and Yosemite simultaneously, by the time MSFS loads up, I'll have to shave :-).  And that's on an SSD !!!!  At least with some of the community utilities, I can check and uncheck regions with ease before I launch the sim.

• Upvote 1

Are you kidding me?
Just finished a short flight with @cavaricooper flying around this stunning scenery....when you're grouped you can't change the time...so we were buzzing around at 3pm...still beautiful.

When we parted ways and I was able to adjust the time....I set it to sunset (naturally), and even before I could taxi out and take off...was scraping jaw off the floor.  Needless to say (but I'm gonna' anyway)....fantastic job @Jeppeson2001....its just stunning!

6j4EWn.jpg

More pics probably tomorrow if I can ever stop flying here! 🙂

Okaaaay just one more.....it seems it gets better when you take off! 🙂

SvMfmQ.jpg

One of Carl and I in our afternoon romp thru the monuments 🙂   (Hey...I was just following him...he's the daredevil!

yNxtIB.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm checking this scenery tomorrow. Looks very impressive.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm checking this scenery tomorrow. Looks very impressive.

Its large....over 2gb installed, but extremely nice.  So cool to fly around as you can see from the few pics I've posted. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg