Sign in to follow this  
ark

G1000 Time to Waypoint?

A really nice feature of the GTN 750 is you can set it up to give you the enroute time to the next waypoint -- in other words, the time remaining to the waypoint you are currently heading towards. Is there way to get this setup on the G1000?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

10 minutes ago, ark said:

A really nice feature of the GTN 750 is you can set it up to give you the enroute time to the next waypoint -- in other words, the time remaining to the waypoint you are currently heading towards. Is there way to get this setup on the G1000?

Thx,

Al

So I went ahead and added that feature for you.  🤭

Look above the MFD on the G1000 and you will see ETE.  The number next to it will give you the time it will take to get to the fix you are currently navigating to.

• Like 1

Al, get yourself a copy of the G1000 Pilot's Guide..

https://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/190-00498-07_0A_Web.pdf

All these fields are customizable and the flightplan page also show this information.

So yes, the G1000 is capable of it... but the current Asobo version is not..

It will be a race to see if Asobo delivers this with Update #9.. or if the WorkingTitle group beats them to it.. 🙂

Edit: And they just did 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

1 minute ago, LarryD said:

Look above the MFD on the G1000 and you will see ETE.

From what I have seen, unfortunately that is the TOTAL FP enroute time, not the time to the next waypoint.

Al

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Al, get yourself a copy of the G1000 Pilot's Guide..

https://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/190-00498-07_0A_Web.pdf

All these fields are customizable and the flightplan page also show this information.

So yes, the G1000 is capable of it... but the current Asobo version is not..

It will be a race to see if Asobo delivers this with Update #9.. or if the WorkingTitle group beats them to it.. 🙂

Thanks Bert, I'll read through the G1000 Guide and hope Asobo does the same!!  Sigh.  😉

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

ETE is providing me the time to the next waypoint.  Once I pass, it resets, and then gives me the time to the new next waypoint.  It is not providing total FP route time.

Edited by LarryD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LarryD said:

ETE is providing me the time to the next waypoint.  Once I pass, it resets, and then gives me the time to the new next waypoint.  It is not providing total FP route time.

Well, that's interesting. In the pic below hopefully you can see on the PFD that the distance to the next waypoint (DADES) is about 9NM, and on the MFD the GS is 141 Kts and the ETE is about 17+ minutes. So something is not right.

I took a look at the GTN 750 and the time to next waypoint field is called ETE, so that is consistent with what you are seeing.

Are you using a G1000 mod? I'm using the Working Title G1000 mod, maybe there is an ETE bug in that, or ...?

Thx,

Al

35b9b5d6ec.png

Edited by ark

47 minutes ago, ark said:

Well, that's interesting. In the pic below hopefully you can see on the PFD that the distance to the next waypoint (DADES) is about 9NM, and on the MFD the GS is 141 Kts and the ETE is about 17+ minutes. So something is not right.

I took a look at the GTN 750 and the time to next waypoint field is called ETE, so that is consistent with what you are seeing.

Are you using a G1000 mod? I'm using the Working Title G1000 mod, maybe there is an ETE bug in that, or ...?

35b9b5d6ec.png

I do have the G1000 mod, but, when I did my test, I did not have it activated.  After I activated it, I then have the same results as you, total FP time, not leg time.

So, default MSFS G1000 is LEGS.

Working Title Mod is Total Flight Plan.

Therefore, it is a "semi-easy" fix.  We just need to request the Working Title Mod team provide an option as to how one would want the ETE to display, LEG or TotalFlightPlan, and then the user could choose.

Edited by LarryD

9 minutes ago, LarryD said:

I do have the G1000 mod, but, when I did my test, I did not have it activated.  After I activated it, I then have the same results as you, total FP time, not leg time.

So, default MSFS G1000 is LEGS.

Working Title Mod is Total Flight Plan.

Therefore, it is a "semi-easy" fix.  We just need to request the Working Title Mod team(@keosfere) provide an option as to how one would want the ETE to display, LEG or TotalFlightPlan, and then the user could choose.

Very interesting -- thanks for the follow-up. I think the G1000 mod just has a bug. If you have made the Working Title Mod team(@keosfere) aware of the issue, I expect they will eventually fix it if they can.

I don't think ETE should be a user option choice between time to next waypoint or total FP time. I think Garmin intends it to be 'time to next waypoint'. There is another Garmin field option of ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival at Destination) which the user can select.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Just went on GitHub and put it in.  We can now just wait and see if they'll fix it.

21 minutes ago, LarryD said:

Just went on GitHub and put it in.  We can now just wait and see if they'll fix it.

Great -- thanks.

Al

Edited by ark

To fix this back to the default, which is WAYPOINT ETE, change one line in the following file in the community folder for the Working Title G1000:

html_ui/WorkingTitle/Pages/VCockpit/Instruments/NavSystems/AS1000/MFD/AS1000_MFD.js

Change:  var ete = SimVar.GetSimVarValue("GPS ETE", "seconds");

to:  var ete = SimVar.GetSimVarValue("GPS WP ETE", "seconds");

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LarryD said:

To fix this back to the default, which is WAYPOINT ETE, change one line in the following file in the community folder for the Working Title G1000:

html_ui/WorkingTitle/Pages/VCockpit/Instruments/NavSystems/AS1000/MFD/AS1000_MFD.js

Change:  var ete = SimVar.GetSimVarValue("GPS ETE", "seconds");

to:  var ete = SimVar.GetSimVarValue("GPS WP ETE", "seconds");

Great -- made the change, thanks!

Al

4 hours ago, LarryD said:

Larry,  Just wanted to say: Thank You!  🙂

None of this.. "Wait until the next scheduled update" for small fixes..

Flying the Rob Young Bonanza with your G1000 mods makes for a really nice experience 🙂

I just have to remind myself not to "scratch the itch" of adding an RNAV approach, and instead flying with what works well!

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Larry,  Just wanted to say: Thank You!  🙂

None of this.. "Wait until the next scheduled update" for small fixes..

Flying the Rob Young Bonanza with your G1000 mods makes for a really nice experience 🙂

I just have to remind myself not to "scratch the itch" of adding an RNAV approach, and instead flying with what works well!

Thanks for the kind words....but..........

Just to clarify, I am not part of the Working Title team.  THEY are outstanding.  I'm just a guy who lives in a van down by the river, and found a way to solve one itty bitty problem that a few of us were hoping to fix.