Sign in to follow this  
jasonstory44

Late to the game. Textures and trees popping in

2 hours ago, Sagoland said:

Did you read the specs on the OP's system ?

Hes not lacking framerate. Hes missing detail. like the rest of us who by system default have your systems set to high or ultra.

The guys issues got absolutely nothing to do with performance.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

39 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Did you read the specs on the OP's system ?

Hes not lacking framerate. Hes missing detail. like the rest of us who by system default have your systems set to high or ultra.

The guys issues got absolutely nothing to do with performance.

So everybody that uses MSFS has super specs? The benchmarks are from the initial release and show terrain lod to be double as demanding as the second most demanding graphic setting. Since then lod radius is turned down as discussed in this thread so now fps are fine with superspecs. What will happen when you add heavy aircraft, heavy scenery,  heavyairports etc. Nobody had that at initial release.

Edited by Sagoland

10 hours ago, Maxis said:

Now your best option in my opinion is to not tinker with your sim and just wait for a fix. (eventually)

Exactly. It has nothing to do with our settings or our system specs, don't bother trying to fix it by changing settings. Asobo changed something in the patch before last, that resulted in blurry terrain textures and popping trees. It's a noticeable difference from the Alpha test and the first release of the sim. 

Those of us who fly at low altitudes are probably noticing it more than those who fly airliners out of big airports and quickly zoom up into the flight levels, although there have been a few complaints about blurred terrain at high altitude as well.

Asobo broke it, they have to fix it. All we can do is wait patiently.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

11 hours ago, Maxis said:

Wow 4 hours and absolutely no one has given him the truth yet?

Sigh .. ok ill smash the china.. here is  the truth.

Asobo has broken the LOD. They claim it was unintentional and it is on their list of stuff to fix.

Refer to forum topic https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/lod-problems-trees-water/276055/921

As to when they will fix it  you can read it here

Now your best option in my opinion is to not tinker with your sim and just wait for a fix. (eventually)

Bravo!

I love people who speak the truth with common sense and reason without succumbing to the post-modern culture of opinion and deceit. 

1 hour ago, Sagoland said:

So everybody that uses MSFS has super specs? The benchmarks are from the initial release and show terrain lod to be double as demanding as the second most demanding graphic setting. Since then lod radius is turned down as discussed in this thread so now fps are fine with superspecs. What will happen when you add heavy aircraft, heavy scenery,  heavyairports etc. Nobody had that at initial release.

What you are discussing or attempting to highlight has no bearing on what the rest of the thread is discussing but if you insist... carry on.  I'll leave you to it.

To the OP.. i dont believe anything is wrong with your sim on your end considering its a fresh install.. Just monitor the development updates to see when they come out with the fix. I would highly recommend against tinkering with sim related files and going down foxholes at the moment until the sim has stabilized a bit after a few patches and updates.  If after a fix has been posted and your still having issues.. then examine the stuff on your end. For myself i have installed msfs2020 on a clean install of windows and kept the sim as stock with no additional community based mods or addons. So no one can accuse me of saying its my fault.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

OK so the only way I have found to reduce tree and building pop in is to fly slower lol..

seriously.. its true...

Ok guys. Thanks for the input. I’ll sit tight. Makes sense they changed something as I don’t recall seeing it on initial release (pre patching).