Sign in to follow this  
ericrolfe

RealityXP GNS430 V2 - Blank screen

Bert -

Thanks for your response!

That's good news.

For the avoidance of doubt, would you be so kind as to confirm the file size on your copy?

Cheers,

Eric

6,734,336 bytes

This is a false positive unless you already have another virus in your system infecting our files:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

That size checks.

I've excluded the file from the virus scan.

Thanks for your swift response - great customer service!

• Like 1

I do have the same problem since 2-3 weeks with blank and dark screens. I did all steps with my bitdefender but there is a error message

C:\Program Files (x86\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\X-plane\bin\rxpGNSSim32.dll

An error occured while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: Move File failed; Code 5.

There is no rxpGNSSim32.dll file at the mentioned place, only a rxpGnsSim64.dll file.

All tries to reinstall end with this message. The problem started with the most recent update.

Does anybody has an idea what to do?

Best regards

Klaus

@friese10 Hi, this is the same issue: you have to tell the anti-virus program to exclude scanning these files.

You might have missed this one in bitdefender, or could you have a 2nd anti-virus running you'd forget about?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I deinstalled RXP, restarted the PC, excluded the installation file from bitdefender different screen options, deactivated bitdefender and run the installation with the same result. There is no second AV-scanner. The mentioned file of the error message is not excisting in that location. How can you try to rename a file that is not excisting? Any idea what to do?

12 minutes ago, friese10 said:

How can you try to rename a file that is not excisting? Any idea what to do?

This message is occuring because the antivirus is removing the file right at the same time the installer is installing it.

You must not only exclude the installer if there is any AV reported issue with it, but ALSO the files which are installed in:
C:\Program Files (x86\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\X-plane\bin\

That is what I did. But after the deinstallation of RXP GNS there are no files in in the bin section any more. The bin section is empty. The rxpGNSSim32.dll  file was already missing before I did the deinstallation. I meanwhile tested my GTN, which is functioning and both files in the bin section are there at the proper place.

I do not know what more to do on my bitdefender AV scanner. I did not have this problem with past updates. It looks like the installation is trying to rename something that is not there. Any ideas left? Is it possible to place the missing file in the bin section via a different way?

Edited by friese10

1 hour ago, friese10 said:

There is no rxpGNSSim32.dll file at the mentioned place, only a rxpGnsSim64.dll file.

Don't try excluding files which aren't there, instead, exclude the folder...

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13427/

I did all the steps and excluded the folder GNS in the RXP from the AV- scan as described. Next installation try, following message:

Die Datei C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGnsSim32.dll ist mit Trojan.GenericKD.44052360 infiziert und wurde in die Quarantäne verschoben. Wir empfehlen die Durchführung eines System-Scans, um weitere Infektionen auszuschließen.

THe file is infected and put into quarantaine, despite the fact that I excluded the folder GNS, where the bin folder with this file is located. In the quarantaine I found a second infected file is-L6612.tmp. So what is the explanation for this problem? Are infected files in the installation? The files that are put into quarantaine are stemming from the installation and not from the computer. They are extracted although I put the setup.exe in the exception list, as well as the folders where the files belong to.

It is not possible to add a screenshot at this page to show the set exceptions.

Edited by friese10

Thanks, Eric, for your good advice. I did exactly what you said yesterday already after my last comment and it worked out, before I read your message just now.  I very much appreciate your help!

• Like 1