Sign in to follow this  
Richard Muñoz

How to use AILgenerator

hello,

Trying to figure out how to use the AILgenerator program. I have P3dv4.5 and have installed FLAI which is activated (it shows in my addon list with P3Dv4.5). When FLAI was installed, it place the files in my following directory: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes

So, am I to presume that in AIL program, where it say "paths to folders with aircraft (liveries)" that directory I mentioned above is what I input into the AIL program and then hit GO??

I've getting a lot of 81 error code lately, so I think I needed to run the AIL.

If you are using FLAi you should use a path to PSXseeconTraffic\installed_liveries as liveries folder in PSXT. In there you will already find a AI_liveries.xml generated by AILG for FLAi.

If you want to use AILG to produce a file for FLAi yourself you should point to "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes" indeed.

However note that it is not recommended to put AI aircraft in the airplanes folder. The airplanes folder is for flyable aircraft only. You better install the FLAi package somewhere outside P3Dv5 and then make them avilable for P3Dv5 with the add-on.xml method.

I checked and there is a AI_liveries.xml in the PSXseeconTraffic\installed_liveries folder, however, I don't recall how I ended up with one, or in this case, how to use the AILG program.

So my question is, in the "paths to folders with aircraft (liveries)" in the AILG UI, what directory do I input there or use??? Could you share me an example how you got yours setup, that way I can go from there. I'm more of a visual learner than reading what the manual says, although the manual is not clear itself. I'm went through the manual a few times but it doesn't say, with an example, what to put in the "paths to folders with aircraft (liveries)" in order to give me the output files. It tells me what the program does.

2 hours ago, Richard Muñoz said:

A) I checked and there is a AI_liveries.xml in the PSXseeconTraffic\installed_liveries folder, however, I don't recall how I ended up with one, .

B) So my question is, in the "paths to folders with aircraft (liveries)" in the AILG UI, what directory do I input there or use??? 

A) That file comes with a full installatiion of PSXseeconTraffic, see PSXT Manual section 2.1. It will give you a jump start without having to use AILG.

B) C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes

See the AILG Manual intro at chapter 3: "You should specify the folder(-s) at your PC where your AI aircraft are" 

Edited by kiek

8 hours ago, kiek said:

B) C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes

See the AILG Manual intro at chapter 3: "You should specify the folder(-s) at your PC where your AI aircraft are" 

Got it. I was looking for an AI aircraft folder but turned out to be the airplane folder is within the SimObjects folder. Perhaps adding that into the manual, the above directory you provided, may help. I assume the invalid airline codes, etc. that I got after running the AILG program, I should fix it in order to either to reduce or eliminate the Error 81 code I was receiving?? 

1 hour ago, Richard Muñoz said:

I assume the invalid airline codes, etc. that I got after running the AILG program, I should fix it in order to either to reduce or eliminate the Error 81 code I was receiving?? 

No you don't need to fix them immediately.  PSXT will only use the  liveries found  .

Edited by kiek