Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

PMDG 737 NG3 delayed to 12+ months

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

Also I bought their PMDG 737NGX for $89.99, but I can't fly it in P3D5 once again!

Here's a solution:

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

The underlying reality is that PMDG is less focused on an effort to migrate its products  to MSFS because it would require financial investment. They want easy and low investment, and then sell high. It’s been their business practice from day one.  They can afford to wait. Conversely, the competition is relentless and a new company will fill the void.

Aerosoft is motivated and willing to invest. They’re making no excuses.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Huascar said:

The underlying reality is that PMDG is less focused on an effort to migrate its products  to MSFS because it would require financial investment. They want easy and low investment, and then sell high. It’s been their business practice from day one.  They can afford to wait. Conversely, the competition is relentless and a new company will fill the void.

Aerosoft is motivated and willing to invest. They’re making no excuses.

Aerosoft had never made airplanes as complicated and realistic as others like maddog, fslabs and pmdg.  You call your opinion reality. But your reality ignores that we have at best an incomplete sdk.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, MUC1 said:

That all indicates that MSFS is a TERRAIN-Simulator and not an FLIGHT-Simulator 🙃

There are some very good all cockpit and no terrain simulators. Aerowinx 744 is such a simulator. Not enough is being said that Aerosoft will probably be the first developer to bring out a more acceptable aircraft. It will not be at the FSL or PMDG level, but it will definitely set the standards for other developers.  There are a few aircraft developers like Aerosoft for who sales matter more than absolute systems fidelity. These developers will act as the bridge between now and what the sim will become a year from now.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Huascar said:

PMDG is less focused on an effort to migrate its products  to MSFS because it would require financial investment. They want easy and low investment,

I don't think anything PMDG has done can be described as 'easy and low end investment'  There is alot of research and development behind their products and that is neither 'easy' nor 'cheap'.

I think you are describing the Carenado business model.  How to profit from slapdashery

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Here's a solution:

For $89.99 I ask more than a workaround. A "professional" fleet requires a professional approach to new flight simulators and their updates, a realistic simulation is nothing within an old simulator like p3d

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

11 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

For $89.99 I ask more than a workaround. A "professional" fleet requires a professional approach to new flight simulators and their updates, a realistic simulation is nothing within an old simulator like p3d

Not to spend too much time and drag this thread off topic, but the NGX was sunsetted once the NGXu was released.
There is no support to move the NGX to v5 as it is legacy software - the same action that any software developer would take.

I thought you'd might like a solution to have an old piece of software work in a new sim.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

This. You win the Avsim internet today.

PMDG; FSLabs, etc. are like the old Roman emperors who were comfortably sitting in their palaces, enjoying their grapes, wine, and women. And then were blindsided by the Germanic tribes who stomped over them.

The mod community and freeware devlopers are the first shock troops of this new wave. Wait 2 years+ for a tubeliner? Not gonna happen. Some addon developer is going to step up to the plate and deliver. Probably at a significantly lower price point.

Reading the statements from PMDG - it's almost sad, they seem lost......

I flew many times the PMDG737 on P3D, and was never interested in the A320 addons probably because of the joystick . But since there was no choice for correct airliners in MSFS i gave the modded A320 a try and i must say that it brings me the same joy the 737 did. And with what Flybywire plans to add in a near futur, this plane will be the sweet spot for me between complexity and fun. With the 737 I never turned all the knobs all the time anyway ...

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, webstef68 said:

I flew many times the PMDG737 on P3D, and was never interested in the A320 addons probably because of the joystick . But since there was no choice for correct airliners in MSFS i gave the modded A320 a try and i must say that it brings me the same joy the 737 did. And with what Flybywire plans to add in a near futur, this plane will be the sweet spot for me between complexity and fun. With the 737 I never turned all the knobs all the time anyway ...

I tried the modded A320 twice. And had a real good laugh at how absolutely terrible it is. 

I’m not trying to disrespect the poor people who spent their time on making the default A320 less terrible but man: I really don’t want to fly this thing when I also have an FSLabs in P3D. 

Apart from another A320 test flight a few days ago I haven’t touched MSFS in a month. 
It’s just not ready for prime time. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

I tried the FSLabs A320 a couple of times back when it was a few weeks old. What a joke. Never again!

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

56 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I tried the FSLabs A320 a couple of times back when it was a few weeks old. What a joke. Never again!

anybody who would call the FSLabs A320 a joke can't be taken seriously.  

Add Line: How specifically is it a joke?  

Edited by micstatic
add line
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

12 minutes ago, micstatic said:

anybody who would call the FSLabs A320 a joke can't be taken seriously.  

Add Line: How specifically is it a joke?  

Read the post previous to mine and turn off your sarcasm filter. 😁

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

Translation: I couldn't take off within 5 minutes of firing up my sim as it was way to complicated for me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Eric 

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

Aerosoft had never made airplanes as complicated and realistic as others like maddog, fslabs and pmdg.  You call your opinion reality. But your reality ignores that we have at best an incomplete sdk.  

The incomplete SDK excuse gets thrown  around a lot. Well, the dev from the A32NX said there is many possibilities with the current sdk, even a study level aircraft. Whats lacking is documentation, so a dev would have to figure out on their own what all this stuff does. Wich is probavly why pmdg is waiting. One to see if the new sim is gonna catch on, and two so they dont have to pay someone decyphering the sdk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

Not to spend too much time and drag this thread off topic, but the NGX was sunsetted once the NGXu was released.
There is no support to move the NGX to v5 as it is legacy software - the same action that any software developer would take.

I thought you'd might like a solution to have an old piece of software work in a new sim.

I'm not dragging anything, and I'd like that some people stop to give their obvious "solutions" for a real lacking support from PMDG about their products. And 12+ months for supporting FSXX is not the right way, just my opinion. How many months I have to wait for the PMDG DC-6 implemented in FSXX? and what about the costs? maybe 36+ months and $109.99 for an old piece of software?

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).