Sign in to follow this  
MelanieTV

What you are missing in MSFS?

Realistic pitch and rudder authority!!

Reminder: 0% sensitivity (linear curve) is realistic. Your plane should be easy to maneuver with that setting (and a decent stick).

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

More time in a day to actually fly after spending hours working on avionics improvements. 😄

• Like 3

- The looks of the release version

- The 787 

- A 737

- contrails

- seasons 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I am missing VR.   I honestly cannot even bring myself to care about the other missing aspects of this sim, since I find myself flying daily in VR using XP11.  I have loaded up MSFS a few times just to keep current on patches (while I impatiently await VR capabilities 😉 )

Buildings and hangars at my home airport.  KESN, a busy GA regional jetpark.  Currently has only blobs of flat color on the ground where buildings should be.

A library of the scenery objects along with thumbnail images so we can more easily locate and identify suitable objects to enhance default airports.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

First Person mode:

1. Choose appearance and clothing etc.

2. Walk around terminal, into jetways, inspect aircraft even with copilot.   Talk or text option.

3. Multi player fly in events.  Similar to Oshkosh.  Pilots walk into building to view real time presentation like FS expo.

4. Other multiplayer fly in events or activities.

5. Sit on real world flights as a passenger.  Or fly with a bunch of people in same aircraft in multiplayer.  

6. Flight attendants, meal service and ability to watch custom mpeg or avi file from the passenger cabin.

• Like 1

1) Study level AC with fully working G1000.

2) Full worldwide AI AC with all liveries and Regional airlines

3) Active Sky

4) Ability to click and drag AC on Map and set speed and Height ala FSX.

5) Improved/Better stock ATC and more variation in voices.

Edited by Kilo60
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

5 minutes ago, Greazer said:

First Person mode:

1. Choose appearance and clothing etc.

2. Walk around terminal, into jetways, inspect aircraft even with copilot.   Talk or text option.

3. Multi player fly in events.  Similar to Oshkosh.  Pilots walk into building to view real time presentation like FS expo.

4. Other multiplayer fly in events or activities.

5. Sit on real world flights as a passenger.  Or fly with a bunch of people in same aircraft in multiplayer.  

6. Flight attendants, meal service and ability to watch custom mpeg or avi file from the passenger cabin.

And ability to take a nap in first class the entire flight!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, Moria15 said:

3)  A good ATC add-on.   Just a solid replacement for in-game ATC that understands plane types  (i.e stop telling my cessna to climb to FL 250),  respects the flight plan you have entered  ( i.e  if i have said low altitude airways

Many of the aircraft have the flight ceiling value of the aircraft set in their aircraft.cfg, so I don't understand how ATC doesn't know it. Several times I've been told to FL220 or above in a plane that can't do it.

James

5 hours ago, Moria15 said:

3)  A good ATC add-on.   Just a solid replacement for in-game ATC that understands plane types  (i.e stop telling my cessna to climb to FL 250),  respects the flight plan you have entered  ( i.e  if i have said low altitude airways max 5000 ft.. then ATC actually respects that),   and allows to set approach on arrival.  (perfect would be to add that approach to the flight plan automatically rather than have to play with the electronics)

Pilot2ATC?

Can't believe that no one even mentions that half the nav data is missing, any type of instrument flying outside of major AP's is just VFR. I can't see this ever being fixed in the near future and will have to rely on 3rd party. If this is what NavBlue is in real life be very afraid of flying.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

My biggest gripe is the lack of a proper flight save and restore feature, including my flight plan and weather, so I can continue a flight I've started at a later time/day.  I use this feature all the time in FSX/P3D/XP11.  As it stands only short flights are possible for me.

• Like 3

David, CYXE

1. PMDG NGX
  2. Ability to easily import externally generated (Simbrief) flightplans (looks like the most recent A320 has that so I'll test). This is needed, so that the flighplan can also be imported into Navigraph Charts
  3. Full Navigraph compatibility or equally complete nav data with online charts and a web based moving map (all approaches, departures, transitions, and available Jeppesen charts). In other words, the charts must match what we see in the MCDU, and what we see in the MCDU must match the flightplan.
  4. AIGAIM offline AI
  5. GSX. Current pushback system is laughable. How am I supposed to tell the tug where to stop or when to turn? Do I have a rear view mirror or something? Asobo must have been hanging out with Joey Diaz when they came up with it.

The above is what I need to feel like I can operate the sim in a manner that brings me joy. Until these things are added, it can't be my sim of choice, but when these milestones are reached, I will be comfortable with deleting P3D. Anything else (scenery, weather, other aircraft...) is icing on the cake.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

... and to have all mentioned above for FREE before Black Friday!!!  😂😂😂

23 minutes ago, Ruccoa said:

Pilot2ATC

Since I own it, I tried it instead of the stock ATC but to be honest, since it doesn't control or communicate with the AI traffic, the stock MSFS ATC, despite the occasional mental lapse, is better.

• Like 1