Sign in to follow this  
Brad27

When it goes alittle pear shaped (Freeze & Go)

Im going to try and be as detailed as i can be with this....

In the last week my setup suddenly started stuttering on flight startup with any aircraft, it usually takes about 2mins or so for it to kick in initially but it stutters and continues running, then stutters and continues, these stutters turn to 4-6 second pauses/freezes almost with the threat of a CTD sometimes but if left it resumes rolling and then happens again and again.

I first thought maybe my AI which is highly maintained anyway was the cause possibly or maybe even ActiveSky so both were turned off and then stuttering continued.

Recently bought and installed Simwings Hamburg Pro and FlyTampa Sydney v2.1, thought maybe it was them so i removed them...still continued.

I have the latest free version of FSUIPC but that was installed long before this stuttering started.

Rebuilt the CFG from fresh and reset my NVidia inspector config, still continued.

I entered the sim after the CFG rebuild from fresh with the settings it suggests by default, freezing and stutters continue.

I have AVG as my PC AntiVirus; i read Windows Defender can cause issues but that points me towards AVG as the manager so i turned it off totally and even disconnected my WiFi....Still continues.

Im out of ideas and my rig is pretty decent with load of disk space.

My Rig: Windows 10 Home, i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHZ, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1080
Setup based on: P3DV4.5, ORBX Global & OpenLC regions, REX Texture Direct Enhanced & Soft Clouds with Active Sky Live Weather Engine

I have included a vid of task manager monitoring my PC while it runs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhHlKXP2eAQ

Any help on this would be great please, let me note that this has literally started in the last week and my rig normally runs stutter/freeze free.

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

I experienced the same thing this weekend when starting a flight from PAGO PAGO in the C208B. Haven't seen it anywhere else and it happens there consistently. After 3, 4 or 5 pauses that lasted 5 to 10 seconds, everything started working smoothly. Then, halfway through the flight to another island over there, a CTD happened out of the blue.

Jack

Hmmm... This is interesting.

I have noticed that my sim has recently become less fluid with annoying stuttering that has appeared out of nowhere on some flights.

I thought it was related to Bitdefender being too aggressive with scanning. But turning off the AV has done nothing to improve things.

No new add-ons or changes to how my P3D is set up. Do you run Win 10?
I wonder whether a MS update has stuffed something up?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Maybe Microsoft are stuffing Windows 10 full of "P3D slow down" subroutines? :wink:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I did a flight out of Melbourne v3 by ORBX, stuttery out of the airport but smoothed out during the flight and then on the decent and landing it was dreadful which made me race towards Australiav2 and FlyTampa Sydney being the culprits but clearly not

Brad - P3Dv4.5

25 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Indeed i have Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit

Brad - P3Dv4.5

I would check with an taskmanager like AnVir and take a look if a background task induces them.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I would check with an taskmanager like AnVir and take a look if a background task induces them.

Just done a MalwareBytes scan.....nothing!

I downloaded AnVir Task, not familiar with it at all but i guess open it, run P3D and monitor what areas do you think?

Edited by Brad27

Brad - P3Dv4.5

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Maybe Microsoft are stuffing Windows 10 full of "P3D slow down" subroutines? :wink:

That's a thought! However, I have the reverse situation. Just for fun I increased nearly all my settings to V.Dense, High or whatever, and expecting an OoM ( which is what I was trying to see how far I could go), the sim is now flying at Mid to upper 20s and the graphics are fantsastic.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

4 hours ago, F737NG said:

Hmmm... This is interesting.

I have noticed that my sim has recently become less fluid with annoying stuttering that has appeared out of nowhere on some flights.

I thought it was related to Bitdefender being too aggressive with scanning. But turning off the AV has done nothing to improve things.

I got the feeling that something changed after a Win10 update about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Using P3D 4.5 HF3 I suddenly started getting system freezes after making any change of season, or going from from day to night, during a session. The usual suspect would be video drivers, but there had been no software or hardware changes, other than Win 10 updates, in the preceding weeks. These problems had never happened before. 

I also noticed that fps were less than before, for the same locations and stuttering was more noticeable. As I use AS live weather this would be partly down to the continual bad weather in Europe with heavy cloud and rain almost every day, but it was also happening in good conditions.

I currently use an  i9900k with a GTX1080ti and GTX 1070 to run 5 monitors, max 1080p, in a cockpit. It needs careful balancing to get smooth performance, but I had achieved that with this setup and was quite happy until recently. Testing has shown no hardware issues to account for performance loss, and all components are operating well within their temperature limits under load, so there is no throttling occurring.

End result, I had to back off several sliders to regain the fps I had consistently achieved until about 3 weeks ago, and it still does not seem as smooth.

• Upvote 1

John B

Same here,  sind 2 weeks or so suddently my whole pc crashes when I have EA enabled.

No issiues before 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I meant to add actually, i rolled back my Nvidia drivers also....considered a new version might be the culprit....NOPE!

Im convinced its a Windows 10 Update, when i look at my Windows update history i see one recent update KB4023057 on the 11/10/2020.

I have tried to cancel all Windows Updates from the Summer till now as they were causing my rig to seriously fail on reboots back in the Spring, im sick of having to avoid these things like theyre a minefield for f**kups! Its hard to control them all as you see the one above managed to install itself...Im not sure if its the culprit though so i might be getting ahead of myself...

Edited by Brad27

Brad - P3Dv4.5

In my case I also have more stutters and CTD (G2D.DLL) with P3D V5 Since 11.Oct. 2020! What helped was uninstalling and reinstalling the Chipset drivers from my Mainboard Manufacturer (ASUS ROG Formula VII Z490).

This morning I did a DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and afterwards my CTD G2D.DLL came back. Reinstalling my Chipsetdriver again did solve the issue again!

So there must be something in my MS windows Build that does not play well with P3D or vv.

Marcus

System specs

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.31.35253

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20201011
OS Build 19041.572
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Main Addons

ASP3D | 7514 Open Beta
ChasePlane | Via ORBX
FSReborn Prof.
GSX 2
FSUIPC6
AIGAIM | Latest Version
SODE | Latest Version
MultiCrewExperience | Latest Version
Aerosoft Airbus A330 | Latest Version
Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 | Latest Version
PMDG 747/748 | Latest Version
QW787 | Latest Version
FSLABS A320X | Latest Version
FSLABS A321X | Latest Version
Navigraph Charts
ORBX Base
ORBX LC
ORBX TE NL
ORBX TE NCA
ORBX Regions
ORBX HD Buildings
ORBX HD Trees V1 & V2
REALTURB | All Continents
+200 Addon Aiports | via .xml method added

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Could this tool help? Flush the Standby Memory with the Task Scheduler.
We have a treat running with the same problem in a German Sim Forum and there we have good results with it.

Link to the WebSite: https://wj32.org/wp/

and here a Video how to use it!

Bruno 

10 minutes ago, bakerman said:

Could this tool help? Flush the Standby Memory with the Task Scheduler.
We have a treat running with the same problem in a German Sim Forum and there we have good results with it.

Link to the WebSite: https://wj32.org/wp/

Interesting tool actually, looking at some comments on the youtube post and a few were saying when it flushes it causes stutters so i would assume a 5min flush probably wouldnt be ideal otherwise wouldnt we be getting more or less the same problem but at 5min intervals?

Im going to also uninstall the update i mentioned above today and see what happens...

Brad - P3Dv4.5