Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Anyone Else Waiting For FS 2020 To Mature?

21 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

If you dont, quicly get a refund, OR, keep it warm for year (maybe 2) until "maturity".

Exactly - make up your own mind rather than listening to the rabble on either side. 

• Like 1

I am wondering, why some are making fuss about waiting or not waiting. Easy solution, get game pass for 1$ for the first month, try it, if you like it, then is a good investment if you don't, then is your decision. Easy 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

With each birthday I accumulate, the more I believe that maturity is overrated.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I’ve been using msfs exclusively, I can’t bring myself to boot up any other of my sims, in fact I removed them from my system, and not longing to re-install them. For me, even if the PMDG or FSL were to never make an appearance into msfs, I still wouldn’t be able to go back and would simply stick to GA flying. I very much enjoy being able to fly by simply picking out landmarks be it a major highway, a small town, that little gas station on the corner etc. something I was never able to accomplish no matter what add on I seem to have had installed (while keeping a playable FPS). For me it just works. But isn’t  it nice that we have choices depending on our individual likes and dislikes!!

• Like 7

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

9 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I have decided to wait until the most complained of bugs are worked out, the full SDK is released, and a decent array of commercial and freeware addon content is created

That is exactly what I am doing now, since update 4 release. I am playing :

Witcher 3 GOT

Death Stranding

Detroit Become Human

The entire Xcom series

Plus I am having fun at home relative to my business. Equipping drones with Iridium satcom connection and assembling together a a generator with a fuel injected 50cc engine with an electrical motor.

Will be back on MSFS2020, when thing start to change a lot, and also when I will get propper hardware, rudder pedal, FFB yoke, etc...

I'm having a great time with MSFS and its going to only get better.

• Like 3

I surely am. Will atleast wait for next 6 months. By that time I hope major bugs would have been squashed along with implementation of dx12 and dxr. But that doesnt mean I will be flying p3d or xplane in the meantime. That train left the station for me as soon as msfs got released. Even in its broken form, msfs is just so so ahead in terms of visuals and overall experience that it hurts to even look at p3d or xplane.

With some major game releases right around the corner (watch dogs legion, ac valhala, cyberpunk2077), I think I have a lot on my plate already and a very good time to take a break from flight simming. Atleast for me.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I am enjoying the sim immensely while waiting for it to mature at the same time. It's amazing seeing how far this sim has come along since it's official release on August 18th. It's been 2 months and look at the progress that's being made. It's like having a new born child and watching him grow up. Sure I can completely put the sim away and then come back in a year or 2 but then I will miss out on seeing the progress being made. Watching and growing with the sim is an experience all within itself. This way I can learn to appreciate the sim much more.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

No, but I am patient waiting for my carboy of home brewed beer to clarify before I bottle it. Then of course after bottling and priming, it needs time to carbonate. 

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

No, but I am patient waiting for my carboy of home brewed beer to clarify before I bottle it. Then of course after bottling and priming, it needs time to carbonate. 

I hope you made some bespoke designer labels.

• Like 1

I spent about 30 hours in msfs and it is certainly beautiful.  The experience got me looking for a "working" G1000 and G3000.  I've been flying the Hotstart TBM 900 and The Torquesim SR22 (great detailed airplanes) in Xplane 11 and although it's not complete the autopilot system works very well.  The msfs G1000 and G3000 experience will hopefully be there in update 9 but until then it's just too buggy and inop for me.  I go to Prepar3d v5 to fly the airliners.  So yes I'm waiting for 2020 to mature but in the meantime what a great time this is for flight simulation.

• Like 1

Doug Wilson

Count me in im going to wait too , till im done with this 4x4 In and Out burger 🍔 😂 and then ill do KLAX to KSFO on that Horrible broken down 320NEO that some think FSX had a better working default A320 .. 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I am really surprised with all these problems and complaints. Why can't we start a thread on AVSIM to complain about them all (again)  I for one will then be very happy to wait for it to reach the standards set by FS2004. Until then, I will continue with my perfectly reasonable copy of MSFS 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I Am waiting sure. I do want to add ram first. Only 8 gigs now. I want 16 plus before I get either X-plane 11, p3d, or 2020. I also want to see better flight dynamics and system implementation. I sim to learn. I want PMDG, Majestic, A2A, and Eaglesoft. I want flight dynamics like X-plane can generate. Possible in microsoft with much trial and testing. Those are other reasons I wait.