Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Anyone Else Waiting For FS 2020 To Mature?

Its perfect for me. AP working nicely, great sounds, stunning ground and sky visuals, beautiful cockpit's, smooth framerates, happily sharing the sky with other players....

Why would I be unhappy?

xXk750.jpg

• Like 7

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Why is it that folk have to tell everyone they are leaving the sim for a while? Are they hoping that Asobo will say 'oh word not allowed' better get our word not allowed together or we will lose sensitive 'sflake123'? Serious question...

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Why is it that folk have to tell everyone they are leaving the sim for a while?

Attention.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

I say, Buy it, Try it, and Like it

Yes, don't get me wrong, I meant to say I wish everyone else would behave sensibly while I go ahead and make purchases and generally conduct my affairs with gay abandon!

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, airlinejets said:

...a $60 investment?

Come on, we all know the game, the initial purchase is only at best 1/10th of the total outlay on the software...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Its perfect for me

I might not go quite that far, but it's certainly ticking more boxes than anything else ever has.

• Like 1

MSFS is mature enough for an outstanding GA experience.  For the tube liners I still stick with P3d.  Patiently waiting for the PMDG birds.

• Like 5

Matt Wilson

I'm waiting.  I do like the sim so far but I haven't tried any aircraft above the Cessna's.  My intent is to use MSFS on my sim racing motion setup with VR for low and slow VFR flying. I have done quite a few flights with triple monitors but again that's something that is coming a little later on. I'm happy to wait it out as my main sim works great using one of the other titles.

31 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I might not go quite that far, but it's certainly ticking more boxes than anything else ever has.

Well, that's why I was careful to say "for me" YMMV. 😃

Flying as I type, on the GS, and heading in for another perfect landing. (slightly fast)

I is happy. 😻

6PUIji.jpg

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I guess it depends on what one wants in their simulator, going by these comments.

If I want truly complex, I'll go for DCS. If I want to simulate airline operations it's P3D (maybe X-Plane), if I want rotorwing, it's DCS or maybe X-Plane. If I want to fly anywhere in the world and enjoy that sensation, it's FSMS all the way.

Everyone is different; everyone is unique (i'm not!) and has different itches to be scratched. That's what I think.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I had most of the important, large airports, from pmdg I had 777, 737, 747, had fslabs a320, and four A2A aircraft for GA flying, majestic dash, leo's md-80, had about 65 major ORBX addons, spent £450 on simmarket alone, chaseplane etc you name it and I most likely had it. The only major addon I never bought was Navigraph, and I never bought and flew an aircraft in Prepar3d 4.5 that wasn't deemed to be study-level by the flight sim community. 

Also had xp11, and they gave me xp10 for free because I bought the early access version of xp11, bought hotstart tbm, flight factor 767 and no scenery or airport ever.

Stopped buying addons for Prepar3d 4.5 and xp11 two months after watching MSFS 2020 trailer, but everything still remained installed and intact. This is also the point where I stopped using flight sims altogether and diverted attention to MGS V temporarily to make the long wait for MSFS bearable.

By pure luck got into the MSFS alpha. Then two weeks later thought: "hmm let's fire up p3d, take the a2a c172 for a spin and see how it feels."

Took off, did three patterns, exited and uninstalled the whole thing. XP11 also met the same fate unfortunately. These sims were no longer for me. Been using the PC exclusively for work and MSFS since then. Been very happy ever since. It's a world simulation we never had before but always wanted, and flight simulation is only one of its core components imo.

I only wish Microsoft released the trailer back in January 2018 so that I could save loads of precious cash by not buying so many addons for FSX. I meant Prepar3d...oops!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I guess it depends on what one wants in their simulator, going by these comments.

If I want truly complex, I'll go for DCS. If I want to simulate airline operations it's P3D (maybe X-Plane), if I want rotorwing, it's DCS or maybe X-Plane. If I want to fly anywhere in the world and enjoy that sensation, it's FSMS all the way.

Everyone is different; everyone is unique (i'm not!) and has different itches to be scratched. That's what I think.

True. Perhaps if I was an airliner guy (I hear they are horrible) maybe I would be unhappy.

Currently however, most of the complaints mean little to me, either because I'm happy to wait for a fix and confident there will be one, or because whatever it is simply doesn't affect me.

• Like 1

Devons rig

I've been enjoying a return to some VFR flying, and have been having fun exploring and re-tracing road trips I've done. I look forward to the weather depiction maturing, as it's often not all that close to what's really happening where I live, but happy to live with that now for vfr fun flights. The poor terrain mesh is really jarring anywhere there's any relief though. 

I look forward to it maturing further so I can some day make it my primary sim for airliners too - mainly looking forward to pmdg, more consistent weather, Ai, and some sort of improved ATC before I make that switch, and it does seem like it will be quite some time before all those pieces are in place.

So I'm both waiting and not waiting. 

Edited by Drebin8

I'm thoroughly enjoying X-Plane 11 Vulkan and while I still have a desire to get MSFS I keep pushing the date back further and further. I know I will get it just for tootling around while VFR and use XP11 for my Zibo fix.

I'll likely get MSFS in maybe 18 months. Im not a fan of photoscenery so that does nothing for me -  its the planes that look amazing. Im gonna get the Premium Deluxe edtion. The GA planes specially look fantastic specially the TBM, Carbon Cub, Caravan etc. 

Its not a this sim vs that sim for me. I will keep XP11 and MSFS and use them both. I see them as complimenting each other not slugging it out in a boxing ring. 

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Its perfect for me. AP working nicely, great sounds, stunning ground and sky visuals, beautiful cockpit's, smooth framerates, happily sharing the sky with other players....

Why would I be unhappy?

Because you are not allowed to be happy on the internet. Someone will come around shortly to tear you down. 

I feel the same way, and I have a PC that's so slow it makes my grandmother look like Usain Bolt. 

• Like 2