Sign in to follow this  
paulthorn

Go Flight Modules

Has anyone out there had much success with making their GoFlight products work in FS2020? I've tried the GoFlight interface and it's very unstable. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. 

14 minutes ago, paulthorn said:

I've tried the GoFlight interface and it's very unstable. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. 

How did you get them partially working?

As far as I know this is the best way to get GoFlight to work in MSFS:

https://shop.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/goflight-interface-tool.html

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I was able to program some of them using FSUIPC.  You just need the GFDev64.dll file in your FSUIPC7 folder.  I think that's all I needed.

David, CYXE

I use it with 2020 and have had no issues.  You have to use the latest GIT for 2020 and have FSUIPC 7.

Gnacino

Hello Gnacino,

I may be confusing the Goflight Interface Tool (i.e., the GIT from pollypot) and the Goflight driver...  

To clarify, are you using FSUIPC 7 with the Goflight driver (i.e., from the Goflight site)?

Many thanks,

Brian

1 hour ago, brianVancouver said:

To clarify, are you using FSUIPC 7 with the Goflight driver (i.e., from the Goflight site)?

Many thanks,

Brian

Goflight drivers and software are not compatible right now. Maybe in the future.

I use FSUPIC7 to get my LGT-II and RP-48 modules working.  Only issue I have is the flaps on the LGT-II will just randomly quit working.  

7 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

I use FSUPIC7 to get my LGT-II and RP-48 modules working.  Only issue I have is the flaps on the LGT-II will just randomly quit working.  

Disable Power Management (allow the computer to turn off this device) in device manager/ USB controllers.

9 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

Quick question: Is your trim working for your LGT? If yes, what are your setting in FSUIPC7 beta?

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Quick question: Is your trim working for your LGT? If yes, what are your setting in FSUIPC7 beta?

I have power management turned off on all USB controllers.  I'm pretty sure it's the fact I have too many modules plugged into the hub.  Not all that concerned right now as it's all a work-in-progress.  As for trim, no I haven't messed with the trim yet.  I'm planning to use the Flight Velocity trim wheel.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, brianVancouver said:

Hello Gnacino,

I may be confusing the Goflight Interface Tool (i.e., the GIT from pollypot) and the Goflight driver...  

Many thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian, I have, GF MCPPRO, EFIS, T8-2, GF-RP-48.

For the McpPro and EFIS, I use the Polypot GIT and you need to use the version for FS2020 along with FSUIPC 7.  You still need the latest GF driver as well.

The other GF modules, I use LINDA which is free. LINDA is very easy to use and doesn't require any programing.  If you ae not using LINDA, their site well tell you how to use it and believe me a dummy like me can do it.  I been using it for years and Scott, one of the authors is always available if you have any issues.

Hope that helps you out.

Gnacino

i have all my goflight modules (except EFIS) working in fs2020 using goflight config ver 2.28.      basically, you need to fool goflight into thinking its running fsx

do the following..  have an installation of fsx (or the fsx.exe file installed). 

goto the goflight folder  (usually in c:\programfilesx86) and make sure its set to run as administrator. then find the GFDevFSX.exe file  inside the folder and create  a shortcut to it on desktop.  click the GFDevFSX.exe file, ( make sure you have the right file)  nothing appears to happen but thats right.

now start goflight config. click file and select fsx as the simulator( point it to your installed fsx.exe file if asked)

in the goflight righthand window  at the top ,select the fsx tab (not p3d one). program modules and save the config.

now start fs2020 and your modules should work.

i have mcppro rp48 wp6 4xgf166 lgt tq6 2xgf45 mesm 2xp8 t8    all working ok without pollypot or fsuipc

hope this helps 

Edited by gbobb

Thanks for the detailed info on how to make GF Modules work in MSFS gbobb.

I don't  have FSX installed, but I still have the DVDs from 2006. What would be the best way to install it just to have the fsx.exe available.

Is it possible to copy the dvds into a folder or just install as normal. It has been a long time.

Maybe someone knows a better way.

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger