Sign in to follow this  
Robert Kirkland

I probably missed something... (Adobe Traffic Pack)

Excellent suggestion, Rayed, thanks. That's the proper way to go.

Guest DanW

>Well, nothing wrong with copyrights as well, but, it would be>nice, if the AI developers would start making comprehensive>bundles of complete airliner packages and eventually even>charge a fee and sell it online, so that the rest of us users>don't have to sit for hours performing all the same tasks>independently. I would not have a problem paying for a>complete set of PAI and AI Aardvark AI planes.>>Of course, what would be even nicer is if the AI traffic>developers, like UT, MyTraffic and Traffic would include those>models to begin with or at least make them available as an>add-on or even free update. It took me a weekend to upgrade>everything and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.>>PatIt's called www.world-of-ai.com.Individual packages of airlines with an installer - and they actually took the time TO GET PERMISSION!

David:"I am extremely disappointed that a member of Avsim Staff is seen to be publically applauding these files in this forum."Let's not go overboard here. If files have been used without your permission then that is a problem you have with Adobe et al, and you need to take it up with them. This is the first time I've heard of any infringements and the pack has been available for quite some time. If this is the case I would suggest contacting Adobe and having the situation remedied.What this member of the Avsim Staff was applauding was the fact that someone FINALLY put all files and repaints into an executable so that it is all in one place. The pack saved me hundreds of hours of downloads, searches and hand installations and Adobe is not passing off any of the aircraft or repaints as his own.If you have a problem with the files being on Adobe's site thats's more than your perogative since it is your work. However, lets not make this as if some pirate has stolen work, renamed it, and is passing it off as his own while I, with knowledge of this, support that.BTW, If there is any transgression at all it is a violation of the use agreement which every author has the right to. But let's not go overboard with this "pirate" stuff.

Guest pcbroken

It is very dissapointing that people have this attitude against packages that do no comply with copyright laws. Not to mention that supporting that kind of actions also means a lack of ethical values that wont be discussed here.It is dissapointing as well how mediocre and lazy the ordinary simmer is. They have to rely on illegal packages to get a decent AI.Because it is "just too much work" to manually download Aircraft, repaints and flightplans. Anyway, legal options exist, just as World of Ai, that just keep releasing packages and indeed ASK for permission. People would get that very same result when making a manual install, but with an increased benefit: It lets you know that in the end, YOU were the guy who set all of that addons to work. In my opinion, that is a #### of a lot better than just making another mediocre copy-paste.Definetly, AVSIM has to improve its control about Privacy Policies. Because our work is not being handled the way it should.Shame on you all.

Mike, not sure if you saw my post above, but can u check your pvt msg box..thanks.

Eric 

Guest saudi_777

Hey Guys: I'm sorry if my comments have made you angry or frustrated, and I must admit that I previously didn't fully understand the copyright rules regarding these AI models and repaints. In other words, I used to think that a copyright violation with these files would only mean selling them, but now I understand that distributing them in the internet without permission is also copyright violation.Cheers,

Guest David Cooper

Mike,I guess we must now take your statement as the Avsim position on this matter. Would it be the same if somebody posted links to the many pirate versions of PMDG models and the like which circulate the net at times? Adobe and his chums are pirates!

Mike,Thanks for stepping in. I also want to add that there seems to be the misconception that we're here 24x7, checking every link, and investigating every claim of piracy. We volunteer our time, just like people volunteer their time for writing freeware (which I also do). I've also had my work pirated--my very first freeware aircraft project in fact when someone stole my panel claiming it was theirs and had the nerve to upload it to this site. To even suggest that moderators condone that is beyond belief, and beneath contempt. I call it "selective amnesia" since I have CLEARLY stated many times my take on it and I've been flamed in the process. Adding even more, this AM was the first I had even seen an alert on this thread. We don't read them all, and as said before, we're not here 24x7.I have a choice--delete this thread and the other I've been alerted to, or spend my time parsing through every post and removing every reference to every suspected pirate package. I am not going to spend my time doing the latter. -John

Guest David Cooper

John,Can I just clarify if your statement is based on the official Avsim position on this matter?

>Mike,>>I guess we must now take your statement as the Avsim position>on this matter. >>Would it be the same if somebody posted links to the many>pirate versions of PMDG models and the like which circulate>the net at times? >>Adobe and his chums are pirates!David, now that I have them all, I totally agree with you, LOL. But I can't see a single reason though for you to be disgruntled with Avsim stuff and Avsim's position. Use your righteous energy on busting that site, far over there, in South Korea which is in the Far East.

Guest DanW

>Mike,>>I guess we must now take your statement as the Avsim position>on this matter. >>Would it be the same if somebody posted links to the many>pirate versions of PMDG models and the like which circulate>the net at times? >>Adobe and his chums are pirates!I agree with you David, but we all should remember that AVSIM seems to be pretty good about taking down pirated work.

What official Avsim Position? I don't write site Policy.I only respond to alerts and concerns voiced by users and those odd threads I catch myself. If someone alerts me that a thread discusses a possible pirated package, whether it be aircraft, scenery or otherwise, I will delete the reference if it's an isolated instance or delete the thread if there's too many links to parse through. My point is we don't respond in real time. My first alert on any of this was this AM. -John

Guest David Cooper

Thanks for clearing that up, John.

Guest RobertK

My, what have I started...Thank you to those who answered my question, and also thank you to those who pointed to World of AI, this looks indeed interesting.I would like to counter an allegation that seems to be flowing around here a little bit, that a flightsimmer who prefers AI in one package is just "lazy" and "mediocre".Well thank you very much, but I DO have a life, and a job. And while Flightsimming is my hobby, I am glad these days when I actually get to FLY. Using hundreds of hours to download individual planes and liveries, and to install them, is just as much out of the question as me hopping onto the Queen Mary 2 tomorrow and doing a world-tour in the best cabin.If you have the hours to individually build your own AI traffic, I congratulate you, because time is our most valuable possession to have.I don't, I am sure many others also do not, and I (and possibly many others) certainly do not like to be called "lazy" and "mediocre" for it.Get off your high horse and try to see this side of the coin.End of rant.Regards,Robert

Guest Rayed

>>just because they are in one place and aircraft.cfg is>premade>>(not correctly though). I'd personally pay for it.>>Thats not what Aardvark do though, nor do I think they are>interested in doing "the rest" of the work to put together AI>packages. World of AI are doing good work, but for some they>want hundreds of packages instantly, just as people want all>AI models instantly, and all repaints instantly.Yes, I understand it too. I'd rather not blame someone for being impatient, that's human nature:).>I'm just astonished that both a AVSIM reviewer, and a payware>beta tester are advocating this package with contains pirated>software.I know how it could feel just wrong for a developer, but in the end more users can admire great work of plane modellers, painters etc..I was kinda angry at this Adobe guy who removed credits from aircraft.cfg (and butchered other things a bit)- even if I didn't model any of these aircrafts, but I don't think AVSIM staff had anything wrong in their minds when they exposed this possibilty to the public.I am pretty sure that everyone who uses that traffic pack knows who made the models and is very thankfull to modellers and painters - as I am.P.S. Dutton - you are extremly quick, I only replaced all my boeings so far and it took me few months hehe.