Sign in to follow this  
Robert Kirkland

I probably missed something... (Adobe Traffic Pack)

Guest RobertK

Title really says it all.I have heard this name for the very first time today, and there is not much info on the forum.Is there some website where to get info/the package itself?Regards,Robert

Guest firehawk44

Here's the site based on a google search: Link RemovedIn Korean and looks solely like a Korean program but then they have links to Adobe too.Jim

Robert:The Adobe Traffic Pack is a full global AI Traffic offering which is a gathering of existing AI traffic sources from PAI, CDAI, FSPainter, AI Aaardvark, etc. It combines all of these extremely high quality and frame-rate friendly AI aircraft into a single area.Adobe also includes a traffic.bgl files complete with flightplans that will give you instantly available global AI traffic on the scale of Ultimate Traffic and MYTraffic.BUT, there are drawbacks. Some of the aircraft have faulty air files originally designed for FS 2002. The BAE-146 for instance won't take off and will wreak havoc with your airport traffic flows as it goes down the runway at 2 mph. The key concept here is that you will need to do some legwork to optimize your AI once you have installed Adobe. It is a great compilation but has a few bugs.I also found that UT does not have liveries for MANY major airline's aircraft that Adobe has so the merge actually increased my UT diverse traffic. For instance where UT will display an A340 model for all varients I now have disperate A340-200, 300, 500, 600. Secondly UT does not have winglett models that I have now with Adobe. Replacing the horrid CRJ/ERJ model in UT with accuate CDAI CRJ 100/200/700/900 is very nice as is the ERJ 135,145 winglett / non-winglet adds to the mix. PLUS, Adobe includes many special repaints for each aircraft livery as is in the real world. For instance airlines such as Frotier, Southwest and America West. Plus (shhhh) the Peter Max COA 777 is included, plus global special repaints for many, many airlines epecially the Star Alliance aircraft. The wonderful thing about using UT for the interface is that you can simply designate one of each so that there is not multiple special livery aircraft flying around when in the real world there should be only one. For instance there is only ONE Peter Max in the real world and there is only one in my virtual world. Most times you don't see it, but when you do it is a treat just like in the real world.I've taken the last 4 days merging Adobe with Ultimate Traffic and I will tell you that the payoff IS the holy grail of AI Traffic. I've realize a HUGE frame-rate increase and the high-fidelity AI models take any high detail over the top. The coupe de grasse was the installation of AISound.EDIT: Mike.... tsk tsk tsk... Image exceeded our size limitations.Notice here in the screenshot about 30 visible aircraft, UK 2000 scenery 100% AI, London City scenery, full overcast skies and STILL at around 17fps!!!If there is interest I can upload the merged Traffic.bgl file to Avsim that mates all global airlines in UT and Adobe.

I can only echo what Mike has said. The Adobe traffic pack is simply the best collection of AI aircraft available anywhere (I've used UT, Traffic 2005, MYT2006 and PAI).If you do a search in this forum there is a post recently with instructions of where and how to download the Adobe pack.Mike, I'd be very interested in your merged Adobe/UT traffic. I already spent a few hours going through the aircraft.cfg files and correcting as many callsigns as I can to the correct EVP compatible callsigns. Do you have any reccommendations for replacement BAe 146 air files?

I, as a longtime lurker, also second mike's opinion. The Traffic Pack is superb in many ways.I have a P4 2.4 w/ a GF6600, and frames are good. Traffic is at 20%, but I decompiled the traffic.bgl and discovered that most of the flight plans (around 80%) are set to 1% so this traffic will show up anyway.My remedy for the BAe146 issue is the deletion of the respective flights :-). I noticed that the Lufthansa 146s seem to take off correctly, which is all that matters as far as I am concerned so no need to take action here.Anyway, I'd like to know how I should go about fixing the airline callsign issue in the aircraft.cfgs... I realized that even after installing EditVoicepack there are still several callsigns which remain unidentified.

Go here.Edit: Link RemovedThe above has where and how to download the files.I noticed that with ADOBE installed FS takes longer to start up. Filemon shows that FS is reading something from every AI planeinstalled. I wouldn't mind seeing that bgl file.Let us know.Where is aisound? I searched AVSIM but no joy.JimCYWG

I'm interested in your merged files as well, MikeT.

Open up the aircraft.cfg, in each aircraft section you'll find an entry marked "atc_airline". This is the callsign the aircraft will use. Lots of the aircraft in the Adobe pack use callsigns that aren't available with EditVoicePack. Other aircraft simply have the wrong callsign.A good place to start is with the "View Missing" feature of EVP which will scan your aircraft.cfg files and show a list of aircraft with callsigns that FS can't speak.A good source for real world callsigns is www.aerosite.net If you have EVP installed you can find 99% of the callsigns required in the Adobe pack and edit the atc_airline entry accordingly.

Whooops! Sorry Tom! Just goes to show ya that your loving staff totally ignores everything you say! LOL!!!

I have downloaded the Adobe Traffic Pack after I figured out how to de-crypt Korean and I went back to PAI, downloaded models and textures and spent a few hours installing and importing most of the airliner pack into Ultimate Traffic over the weekend.I couldn't be happier with the results. The framerates have improved and the visuals are better than ever. I did not realize that AI traffic can look that good and could be easy on the system. It was well worth the effort.Bottom Line: Ultimate Traffic is the ultimate AI traffic engine for me, if being used with PAI models and textures. I would have included also some AI Aardvark models, but they just seem to be too cumbersome to install/import to UT.Pat

Guest David Cooper

I need to say something here.These packages contain work by many freeware developers, whose work has been downloaded from the Avsim file library and recompiled into these installers.The vast majority of these files were uploaded to Avsim with distribution limitations to prevent other sites from hosting them or reformatting for non-commercial or commercial use.As a developer who has had his Avsim files 'used' by Adobe & Tantris, I can say for sure that they have not asked UGA for permission to include it's work. This obviously contravenes our copyright as the original developer and the conditions to which the files were made available to the Avsim library and library users.I cannot speak for all the other developers involved, but I am willing to bet, they have not given permission either.I am extremely disappointed that a member of Avsim Staff is seen to be publically applauding these files in this forum.

I can only agree with David .. Those packs are just a compilation of the work of many freeware authors, all of which probably can just be found in the libraries of avsim and the likes ..it's regretful that those packs are being applauded in an avsim review, thus encouraging many more people to investigate these packs ..all i can say, if you want good AI traffic, and you want it for free, go visit AI Aardvark and evolveAi, ultimateGa and all the other good developers of AI planes and plans, browse the library for many more good plans and you'll get the satisfaction of building your own AI world instead of some prefab, stolen, lazy mans option ..

This seems a matter of concern if the allegations are true.