Sign in to follow this  
Robert Kirkland

I probably missed something... (Adobe Traffic Pack)

Guest saudi_777

To David Cooper, LeFreak and mgh:I shall repeat what I said in the previous AI traffic thread, which applies to both the Adobe and TANTRiS packages:"IMHO, I don't think it's a major problem that the developer of Adobe's Traffic Pack included some paints and models in his package without permission of the original authors, because:1- It's a freeware package, and all of the paints and models in the package are freeware.2- If you look at the HUGE number of aircraft and repaints that are included in the package, you'll understand why he didn't ask for permission for every paint and model in the package. At the same time, keep in mind that Adobe created the package as more of a personal package to share between his friends, not as a package to share with the whole FS community, hence the fact that the package is almost unheard of outside the Korean FS community.Generally speaking, Adobe's Traffic Pack isn't free of bugs, but after a bit of fixing up, it really does prove to be a very nice freeware AI traffic package, especially for those who can't afford to buy Ultimate Traffic or one of the other commercial AI traffic packages, or don't have the time to create a very large and detailed AI traffic package for themselves."It's all freeware files, for God's sake, so don't make such a big deal out of it. Keep in mind that all of the files that are involved here are freeware files in a freeware package, in other words, it isn't being sold as payware.Cheers,

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I tried Adobe -- I get more traffic at 15 % with friendlier frame rates than I did with MY Traffic at 50% on the traffic and 20% on the frame rates.And the Adobe looks and acts just great! No comparison, My Traffic went into the recycle bin and Adobe is doing the job, it was a no brainer!I have yet to experience the 2mph 146, but when I do, I'll deal with that one! Adobe rocks!BestClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

OK, first off, I am all for copyright protection and such, but before everyone starts crying foul, why don't all the people involved come to an agreement and allow this to be posted at a major site since it is beneficial to the community. Afterall, what is the point of producing an AI aircraft, or repaints, or even flightplans if they don't get used. Contrary to one poster, while it may be satifying to do it all yourself, it is tedious and time consuming. I think another part that is being overlooked, is that it took work om someones part to put this together.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest saudi_777

>OK, first off, I am all for copyright protection and such,>but before everyone starts crying foul, why don't all the>people involved come to an agreement and allow this to be>posted at a major site since it is beneficial to the>community. Afterall, what is the point of producing an AI>aircraft, or repaints, or even flightplans if they don't get>used. Contrary to one poster, while it may be satifying to do>it all yourself, it is tedious and time consuming. I think>another part that is being overlooked, is that it took work om>someones part to put this together.>>Regards, Michael>KDFW>>http://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpg>CalVirAir InternationalDitto!!!!

Guest benclark

Michael we do have an agreement in the community, you don't STEAL other peoples work. I recently had an issue with my plans being reuploaded without my permission by someone else, I wasn't the only one to suffer from this person and they basically flat out refused to remove the files, thankfully AVSIM were on the case and quickly removed them.I personally and many others including all the people whose work is in this Adobe traffic pack have an agreement with World of AI to use our work to make their packs, so we are working together to make easy to install AI, while if you want GA AI aircraft you use Ultimate GA which is the contents of Adobe's pack, used without permission!You say that were overlooking that it took work for someone to put this together, yes your #### right it did, all the honest freeware developers like AIA, CDAI and so on who have had their work STOLEN by Adobe, make no mistake yes this may of been a good idea but it is still copyright theft, anyone who uses this pack is condoning piracy and is the reason why so many people have given up on developing for FS, after all whats the point when people can just take your work and claim it as their own?

Guest saudi_777

>Michael we do have an agreement in the community, you don't>STEAL other peoples work. I recently had an issue with my>plans being reuploaded without my permission by someone else,>I wasn't the only one to suffer from this person and they>basically flat out refused to remove the files, thankfully>AVSIM were on the case and quickly removed them.>>I personally and many others including all the people whose>work is in this Adobe traffic pack have an agreement with>World of AI to use our work to make their packs, so we are>working together to make easy to install AI, while if you want>GA AI aircraft you use Ultimate GA which is the contents of>Adobe's pack, used without permission!>>You say that were overlooking that it took work for someone to>put this together, yes your #### right it did, all the honest>freeware developers like AIA, CDAI and so on who have had>their work STOLEN by Adobe, make no mistake yes this may of>been a good idea but it is still copyright theft, anyone who>uses this pack is condoning piracy and is the reason why so>many people have given up on developing for FS, after all>whats the point when people can just take your work and claim>it as their own?Alright then, point taken....Cheers,

Has anyone tried Active_Korea_FS_Traffic_Ver3.4_Setup.exe yet? It's the one that is about 320MB. I downloaded it today, I have ADOBE and UT coming in. Anyway, AI packages have been very hot for the last 2 weeks on the boards. But I could not find a single opinion about ACTIVE KOREA (TANTRIS'S) package.

It's a shame the links to files containing pirated copyrighted material are not deleted by the mods. -- from this...http://www.avsim.com/pages/0901/carenado_s...ado_092701.html(Quote: While we will fight documented and verifiable cases of Copyright violations, we have worked too hard to get where we are today to allow anyone, staff or otherwise, to jeopardize our reputation and that of those who give their time freely to keep our readers informed. Unsubstantiated allegations are just as heinous as copyright violations and we will tolerate neither.)...to these threads here...

Well, nothing wrong with copyrights as well, but, it would be nice, if the AI developers would start making comprehensive bundles of complete airliner packages and eventually even charge a fee and sell it online, so that the rest of us users don't have to sit for hours performing all the same tasks independently. I would not have a problem paying for a complete set of PAI and AI Aardvark AI planes.Of course, what would be even nicer is if the AI traffic developers, like UT, MyTraffic and Traffic would include those models to begin with or at least make them available as an add-on or even free update. It took me a weekend to upgrade everything and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.Pat

Guest neilb

How comes when it comes to freeware that its ok to break the copyrights attached to it?If this was payware and someone was offering up a link to a download of MyTraffic etc then people would be all over it like flies on sh*t, mods and posters alike.Just because something is provided as freeware does not mean that you are FREE to do whatever you feel like, no matter how much it "annoys" you that it takes some time to put together your own AI package.Don't be hypocrites here people.

Guest benclark

A good find and interesting read Felix. :D

Mike T,Check your pvt messages box. Thanks.

Eric 

Guest Rayed

For users of Ultimate Traffic, why just don't donwload AIA and Evolve models from AVSIM and replace UT models using aircraft tool from UT? It will give you better results than this Adobe pack, as most of original AIA/Evolve/PAI models havea) correct callsigns:( correct developer in aircraft_manufacturer, Ardvaark etc.., )instead of Adobe Traffic Pack), which is not only good for file management purposes but gives the credit where it belongs.c) lots of models are updatedAlso that Adobe Traffic Pack has schedules from like 2002 as far as I can see, there is a lot of new airlines (along with repainted models) which are not included.I know only one reason - it's a lot of work to download every model one by one, then add repaints.. maybe aircrat developers like Aardvark would consider making a bundles of currently avaliable repaints and models, like 737-200 with all avaliable repaints and aircraft.cfg etc.. it would simplfy things a lot and probably stop users from downloading illegaly used models, just because they are in one place and aircraft.cfg is premade (not correctly though). I'd personally pay for it.P.S. I must admit I downloaded it and deleted after a day, too much mess, I just prefer my way of doing it one by one ;). I also don't want to be more saint than The Saints, but I think compiled .bgl file from UT would include copyrighted material from UT schedules.

Guest dutton

Exactly Rayed - that is just what I have finished doing. Took me some time over 2 weeks but it enjoyable - tedious, but knowing what the outcome owuld be was well worth it.

Guest neilb

>I know only one reason - it's a lot of work to download every>model one by one, then add repaints.. maybe aircrat developers>like Aardvark would consider making a bundles of currently>avaliable repaints and models, like 737-200 with all avaliable>repaints and aircraft.cfg etc.. it would simplfy things a lot>and probably stop users from downloading illegaly used models,>just because they are in one place and aircraft.cfg is premade>(not correctly though). I'd personally pay for it.Thats not what Aardvark do though, nor do I think they are interested in doing "the rest" of the work to put together AI packages. World of AI are doing good work, but for some they want hundreds of packages instantly, just as people want all AI models instantly, and all repaints instantly.I'm just astonished that both a AVSIM reviewer, and a payware beta tester are advocating this package with contains pirated software.