Sign in to follow this  
alberto2000

FS Map Tool - A new mobile map app utility for MS FS 2020

I uninstalled and installed again on my phone and I am still stuck on slash screen...

Do we also have to reinstall the app on PC?

No. Google updated my app to the new version and it worked.

Edited by deepstar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, deepstar said:

No

Ok so it isn't fixed for me at least.

Thank you for this app, it's working great on my dedicated moving map tablet, LenovoTab E 10 - Android 8.1. So far the best moving map I ever used. All I miss is a toggle switch for the screen to turn off automaticly. But this is just me.

Thanks again and take care

Mick

• Like 1

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

1 hour ago, Micko said:

Thank you for this app, it's working great on my dedicated moving map tablet, LenovoTab E 10 - Android 8.1. So far the best moving map I ever used. All I miss is a toggle switch for the screen to turn off automaticly. But this is just me.

Thanks again and take care

Mick

You want the screen to be able to go to sleep? Can't you just exit the app, so the screen goes black after a few seconds?

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

It's working now.

Very good app!

Very glad it worked out for you now too!

8 hours ago, deepstar said:

Thank you. Working on Note 10+ with Android 10. Stuck on splash screen is fixed.

👍

Guys, please consider dropping a review or rating on the App Store or Google Play store - that would make my day  🙂

Thank you Alberto. FS Map Tool works great. I have posted the first (short) review on Google Play 🙂👍

• Like 1

@alberto2000 Things aren't working for me unfortunately. I've installed on 3 devices:

Moto G3 Plus, Android 6.01

Moto G4 Plus, Android 8.1.0

Google Nexus 7 (2012), Android 5.1.1

Server tool installed on PC. Download was initially blocked by Malwarebytes Windows Defender Smart Screen, but I gave it permission to continue. It appeared in the System Tray but stayed red. I saved the link in the Taskbar and started it from there and got a second System Tray icon in green. Both before and after trying that method, I copied the server info onto each device, trying just one at a time in case of conflict. But each device shows "Waiting for server info..." at the top of the map, with no sign of my plane whether I press the location icon or swipe to my location on the map.

I've even tried with both Malwarebytes and my firewall disabled, though I wouldn't risk that long-term.

Any suggestions?

Edited by 109Sqn
Corrected what blocked download

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

20 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

@alberto2000 Things aren't working for me unfortunately. I've installed on 3 devices:

Moto G3 Plus, Android 6.01

Moto G4 Plus, Android 8.1.0

Google Nexus 7 (2012), Android 5.1.1

Server tool installed on PC. Download was initially blocked by Malwarebytes, but I gave it permission to continue. It appeared in the System Tray but stayed red. I saved the link in the Taskbar and started it from there and got a second System Tray icon in green. Both before and after trying that method, I copied the server info onto each device, trying just one at a time in case of conflict. But each device shows "Waiting for server info..." at the top of the map, with no sign of my plane whether I press the location icon or swipe to my location on the map.

I've even tried with both Malwarebytes and my firewall disabled, though I wouldn't risk that long-term.

Any suggestions?

Hi @109Sqn that sounds again like some sort of networking / router/ firewall settings issue. I'm afraid I can't help everyone on that since it's always highly specific to your PC network and setup. Are you sure both PC and mobile device are on the same local network? Can they reach each other (try pinging the mobile device from the PC)? Make sure only one instance of the server application is running on the PC and only one client at a time is open and making requests. It should work out of the box really. Let me know how it goes. Best

Question? How did you gents enter the IP with the periods?  My keyboard does not show and/or allow a period.

OK installed a Goggle Keyboard App which and enabled it in settings (Un Checked the Samsung Keyboard App) and it now allows me to enter the period.  Testing now!

THX very much, I bought Android version and works perfectly for me! 🙂 I have some small idea for improvement. If possible, I would be very happy with some distance measurement. I'm thinking about simple distance indicator between the plane position and finger touch could be a very useful feature. But only if it is technically possible. Thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

Hi @ludekbrno and thanks for the suggesion. That sounds totally doable and I've thought about it. It would be easy to implement. User could add drop pins on the map e.g. by long-tapping a point on the map. But I'm currently more interested in reading the flight plan data and inserting the waypoints into the map although that seems more complicated. But I have taken note of your idea!

• Like 1