Sign in to follow this  
alberto2000

FS Map Tool - A new mobile map app utility for MS FS 2020

Announcing FS Map Tool, a new mobile map utility for MS FS2020 which has just been released on the Apple App Store and will be available soon on Google Play, too. It's a simple yet effective external map utility that shows your current plane location on an interactive map, alongside other parameters such as speed, altitude and heading.

Head over to www.fsmaptool.com for more info.

I've made this in my spare time as a fun side project. Let me know if you have any issues or suggestions and ideas on how to improve the app. I'm open for feedback and happy to include new features wherever possible.

Happy flying!

screenshots.jpg?raw=true

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Looks great.  Are you using Apple Maps data?

Thanks Chris. Yes, on iOS it will use Apple Maps, on Android it will use Google Maps.

Thank You so much.

From looking at the pictures you posted, suggestions.

1) Heading.  Three characters always.  So in your example Heading would read "012",  Check your number after you have your three digit heading.  If heading = "000" then show heading as "360".  Both are the same in essence, but it's always referred to as  "360".

2) Speed.  No decimals.  Round to the nearest whole digit.

3) Altitude.  No decimals.  Round to the nearest whole digit.

• Like 6

tool is fantastic and just what we needed to enhance the sim

Edited by Isaiah53six
  • Like 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

I guess this requires an app also installed on the PC to connect with the iPad?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

16 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Yes..it is at the link above.

The app works great.  I just can't figure out how to change map terrain views on iPad.    I also can't figure out how to center plane on map with press of button.  You have to hand move map, which is pretty seamless though.  

The map looks great and is very accurate with simulator.  Love that I can see what is below me, including street names and POIs

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

correct.  It runs in the background while MS2020 is running.  Uses your IP address

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

Very cool, but you are limited to your local network. You can FSXFollow if you are on the go

Edited by fsxfollow
typo

10 hours ago, alberto2000 said:

Announcing FS Map Tool, a new mobile map utility for MS FS2020 which has just been released on the Apple App Store and will be available soon on Google Play, too. It's a simple yet effective external map utility that shows your current plane location on an interactive map, alongside other parameters such as speed, altitude and heading.

Head over to www.fsmaptool.com for more info.

I've made this in my spare time as a fun side project. Let me know if you have any issues or suggestions and ideas on how to improve the app. I'm open for feedback and happy to include new features wherever possible.

Happy flying!

screenshots.jpg?raw=true

Thank you very much for your work! I'm looking forward to an android version. It looks as a very useful product!

• Like 2

Amazing idea thank you!

Also looking forward for the android version, any ETA?

• Like 1

HELP! - I've installed the app on my iPad with no problem.

I've downloaded FS Map Tool Server Setup 1.0.2 to a hard drive on my Windows 10 system.

I run the Setup program as an Administrator (Properties are set to Full Control for the program) and get the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...."  

I am the administrator and the ONLY user on the system.  I have full access to everything and never have security related problems installing software.   What is this setup program trying to do that is so upsetting Windows Security?

I copy the setup program to the SSD/Community folder where FS 2020 lives and give it FULL CONTROL and it does install OK but NO icon appears in the system tray and nothing new starts (I use task manager to check all the programs and processes). 

The second time I try to run (as administrator) the setup program I get the "cannot access" message

What am I doing wrong?

Have deleted everything and started over with a fresh download three times now with the same result.

Navigraph works perfectly on my iPad and VFR map works perfectly on my 2nd display so I know my version of FS 2020 will talk to the outside world. 

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

OH - never mind!  It was AVAST file security!!

AVAST asked me if I wanted to trust the file and I said Yes but then AVAST went ahead and told Windows not to let the file run.  

Turned off AVAST and everything installed and the app works great

• Like 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor