Sign in to follow this  
goodperson36

Is This The End of Prepar3D v4.5

On 10/21/2020 at 5:23 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

it's either being blind or cut throat, take your pick.  I'm going to assume MS/Asobo knew exactly what they were doing and what was going to happen

You said you have only given me facts. What fact is here? I see a claim and an accusation of malice, an accusation by the way picked up by several other users and not challenged by you in your reply to flycin detailing exactly how MS / Asobo benefit from their (‘assumed’ by you) plan to starve revenue streams.

No particular angst towards LM, just pointing out an irony in others’ ethics accusations against MS in an LM product forum.

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Your only goal at Avsim is trying to stir the pot looking at your posts. Nothing else...

Grow up and try to participate in a normal way...

I can understand so openly and vocally disagreeing with people held in such high regard in this forum isn’t going to win me many friends, but do you have any logical refutation of my posts, or just accusations of childishness and trolling?

And if you’ll forgive an extra irony, it wasn’t too long ago that mods had to edit threads you started in the MSFS forum because of their pot-stirring language.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

The parameters of posts that are allowed to remain and what is quietly deleted is a mystery, the key to which is held by those who visit without comment and remove that with which they do not agree, while leaving any amount of inter-personal squabbling that presumably is deemed to be acceptable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reader said:

The parameters of posts that are allowed to remain and what is quietly deleted is a mystery, the key to which is held by those who visit without comment and remove that with which they do not agree, while leaving any amount of inter-personal squabbling that presumably is deemed to be acceptable.

Maybe you should read the AVSim Terms of Service.

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I haven't hypothesized anything ... MS have broken no laws, it's just business (control the playing field) not ethics.  I presented you with facts.

Rob, you're well within your rights to advance the argument, which necessarily involves speculation (because none of us are privy to their internal deliberations), that Microsoft has acted as it has to advance its business interests in a sharp-elbowed way. I don't think the full argument holds together very well (mostly because MSFS also depends on 3PDs for its long-term well-being), but thanks for finally spelling it out in any case.

So why are you so determined to walk back that argument any time anyone challenges it, even to the point of denying you're making an argument? I don't get it.

You're on the record, in this thread, as saying you choose to believe that Microsoft/ASOBO acted with intent, not "blindly," in cutting off a revenue stream for 3PDs by releasing an incomplete SDK. But rather than defend that claim -- which you know is a contentious one -- you fall back on the idea that you simply "presented [us] with facts."

Why hide the ball? You've yourself honestly noted your "angst" toward Microsoft in this thread. I can't blame scotchegg for his frustration in trying to engage with this style of argument. It's like trying to engage with sand.

James

• Like 2

TL:DR

MSFS is fun in the cub, even the analogue 172. The minute you move up to slightly larger, the current game shows its massive limitations. 4 years spent making an amazing visual engine, and completely phoning it in when it comes to the planes, autopilot etc etc etc.

Let’s revisit this in a year or two, maybe Asobo makes some massive strides. Maybe they won’t.

until then my V5 and A2A etc will remain my main sim.

Fun fact, I was doing an FSE flight on msfs in the king air 350. It was a multi leg trip out of YARM....after the first leg I hopped off msfs and back into v5 and used the *shocker* Carenado 350i (didn’t feel like downloading Australia for Xp11 to use the Airfoil 350)...sad when the systems in a Nado glass panel aircraft are better than the flagship sim. Nothing like torque increasing with altitude or the fuel lever actually “leaning” the engine out in a turboprop to show you how much they have got wrong...

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Do P3D and XP11 have more potential than MSFS because they use DX12 and Vulcan, whereas MSFS uses DX11?

2 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

Do P3D and XP11 have more potential than MSFS because they use DX12 and Vulcan, whereas MSFS uses DX11?

MSFS has plans to move to DX12 also

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Maybe you should read the AVSim Terms of Service.

I have done so, many times. These are the key points

AVSIM’s goal is to provide an educational and entertainment resource for people with similar interests and a community that is fun to be part of by users from around the world.

and this gives those with the forum privileges the "right" to do as they please.

AVSIM is not a democracy, and there is no such thing as "Freedom of Speech" in our forums.

It is unfortunate that this is now imposed by silent deletion of posts selected on an unpublished basis but of course, well within the broad definition as stated.

Edited by Reader

17 hours ago, sanh said:

I dont buy any of the theories here. If I was in charge at MS I would focus more on the sim then the SDK before release because that's what most customers are buying. 

Hello customers, here is an incomplete flight sim but check out our impressive SDK!

The problem is that MSFS isn't a flightsim. Sorry...

PS: and I think never will be. Again, sorry...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

MSFS has plans to move to DX12 also

Plans.. hmm.. I was planning to be a real pilot.. still trying.. I also was planning one day to buy a Lamborghini.. instead got married, now raising a family.. and plans changed.. 

Just saying 😂

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

Maybe.. I really can't tell.. NDAs

From my side I will be releasing an update of AI Lights Reborn very soon

S.

This is a great one Simbol! You brought a BIG smile on my face! I am really looking forward to YOUR update.....and maybe others as well. 😉

Edited by mpo910
"Others" regarding the same platform!
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

200.gif

• Like 3

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png