Sign in to follow this  
goodperson36

Is This The End of Prepar3D v4.5

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

Running a successful business requires you to stick to certain rules or you risk not only your company reputation, but also the healthy future of your company.

I'm not arguing with you as I wouldn't do what REX did either. But it isn't necessary to sell 3rd party content via the marketplace. I've bought a bunch of airports, but not one of them through the marketplace. FSDT has its own MSFS installer utility. Flightbeam and LVFR use Contrails.

Just now, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm not arguing with you as I wouldn't do what REX did either. But it isn't necessary to sell 3rd party content via the marketplace. I've bought a bunch of airports, but not one of them through the marketplace. FSDT has its own MSFS installer utility. Flightbeam and LVFR use Contrails.

Sure thing, but I bet you Umberto would rather ensure that MS keeps the doors open for him always.

Why would he risk being unable to sell his products in the future to the Xbox market? 

Umberto never use hacks either, he always request vendors for new functionality instead, mostly for the reasons I explained before.

In passing, personally I am a big fan of Umberto work..

S

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 6:18 PM, simbol said:

Bear in mind I am part of the MS developing NDA group, so trust me when I say we get zero information or opportunity to test any MS patches..

FYI since I happened to see this, it sounds like beta-testing patches before they go live is being implemented, according to Asobo's last Q&A.  I think by the end of the year was the plan?

It will be interesting to see how MSFS does with DX12 as Asobo have said it is needed for XBOX the version. and MS will want it ASAP after the XBOX launch next month.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, Scottoest said:

FYI since I happened to see this, it sounds like beta-testing patches before they go live is being implemented, according to Asobo's last Q&A.  I think by the end of the year was the plan?

It might be their internal teams, and perhaps maybe some highly privileged 3rd parties aka Aerosoft.

But most of the 3rd party developers don't get a chance to see these patches until general public release despite of being part of the NDA developers group.. Bizarre no?

S.

Edited by simbol

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

It will be interesting to see how MSFS does with DX12 as Asobo have said it is needed for XBOX the version. and MS will want it ASAP after the XBOX launch next month.

I doubt the console port is coming until the first half of 2021.  The new console launches in a couple of weeks, and if MSFS was going to be anywhere in the vicinity of that date, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

I think they pushed the PC version out in August so it could have a period of media attention to itself, before the conversation shifted to fall game releases, the new consoles, etc.  The weirdly abrupt and short two week beta before launch after months of being in alpha, along with how hot some parts of the sim came in, tells me Asobo themselves didn't want or plan to ship that early.  Microsoft probably figured it was viable as-is, and they could just continue to work on it post-release since it was intended to be an ongoing "project" anyway (an attitude sadly becoming more common in game development).  The pandemic also probably didn't help matters.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

It might be their internal teams, and perhaps maybe some highly privileged 3rd parties aka Aerosoft.

But most of the 3rd party developers don't get a chance to see these patches until general public release despite of being part of the NDA developers group.. Bizarre no?

S.

Oh yeah, I'm not talking right now.  But they were literally telling former "Insiders" in the Q&A that they wanted them to come back to help them test sim updates before they go live.  The impression I got was that they were aiming for late December for launching the new Insider program.

After the experience of being in Alpha for half a year, I have absolutely no interest in helping Asobo out by being a tester yet again. 

If they want to ignore testers again, they can do that without me. Alpha was a really really bad joke. 

I’ve Alpha and Beta tested many games during the last fifteen years. The MSFS Alpha was easily the worst experience I’ve had. I’ve never seen developers so thoroughly uninterested in communicating with testers. 

Edited by flycln
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, flycln said:

After the experience of being in Alpha for half a year, I have absolutely no interest in helping Asobo out by being a tester yet again. 

If they want to ignore testers again, they can do that without me. Alpha was a really really bad joke. 

I’ve Alpha and Beta tested many games during the last fifteen years. The MSFS Alpha was easily the worst experience I’ve had. I’ve never seen developers so thoroughly uninterested in communicating with testers. 

I my opinion the Alpha was only to test their scenery streaming in a bigger scale and to get more attention from users.

• Upvote 4

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

6 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

I my opinion the Alpha was only to test their scenery streaming in a bigger scale and to get more attention from users.

And if they'd made that clear, people wouldn't have wasted all those hours on writing bug reports that nobody gave a word not allowed about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

It is really good to read from P3D enthuasists that FS is not a serious simulator in any way. They have promised a lot and didn`t bring anything good at all. They have made a very bad mistake to ignore the simulation word in their own title.

Another thing that`s weird are many users in the FS forum, that do think FS is a good simulator and even fight against others who say the opposite. So it`s good to hear the obvious from users with a deeper background.

The development of P3D and X-Plane is something to look excitingly forward to.

3 hours ago, Scottoest said:

I doubt the console port is coming until the first half of 2021.  The new console launches in a couple of weeks, and if MSFS was going to be anywhere in the vicinity of that date, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

There was nothing in Asobo's communications that even hinted at an August release. The tone used suggested sometime around November. It very much felt like they were also caught out with a hasty RTM schedule.

Personally, I think MSFS will come to console much sooner than you expect.

There won't be any purely Xbox Series X exclusive releases from first party studios in the near future.

"As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices," Xbox Game Studios boss Matt Booty explained

There aren't any Xbox Series X exclusive titles arriving anytime soon. It's quite an underwhelming launch of the 2 new consoles - the hardware looks great, the gaming proposition, less so.
Driving-up interest in the new Xbox consoles by having 'come fly over your house' and 'play your favourite current gen games' all on game pass while gamers await new titles to arrive is exactly how I would expect MS to push part of the launch of their new hardware.

As such, and as a complete stab in the dark, I reckon MSFS will be on console before the end of this year.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

27 minutes ago, BigDee said:

It is really good to read from P3D enthuasists that FS is not a serious simulator in any way. They have promised a lot and didn`t bring anything good at all. They have made a very bad mistake to ignore the simulation word in their own title.

Another thing that`s weird are many users in the FS forum, that do think FS is a good simulator and even fight against others who say the opposite. So it`s good to hear the obvious from users with a deeper background.

As a whole I actually agree with you. However if you want to simulate VFR flying ( like x-country trip where you keep one thumb on the TMA chart and look outside the cockpit windows) MSFS with its accurate satelite scenery and cloud system is pretty darn good. 

I did a real x-country yesterday, route was changed on short notice due to weather so in order to get to know the new route,  I flew it first in MSFS and it made me feel very comfortable in real plane, especially how the CTR reporting points are situated.

But for heavy iron, it is far away from P3D, I hope no one can contest that statement.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

50 minutes ago, BigDee said:

Post this in the Microsoft Flight Simulator forum. Go on, I dare you! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, BigDee said:

How dare you say anything negative about MSFS!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding of course.

I've stated before that I've decided to stick with P3Dv4 for at least another year or so until MSFS matures.  I think this is the right way to describe MSFS, i.e. "immature".  IMO, it just ain't ready yet, and simply needs time to develop and mature.

I still don't understand why so many folks over at the MSFS forum are so sensitive to, and so triggered by, any criticism of MSFS.  It's really quite the show over there when someone dares to say something negative about MSFS.  That person gets set upon immediately by an angry mob of faithful MSFS advocates until they are beaten into submission.  Whatever happened to reasoned discourse and debate?

Dave

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS