Sign in to follow this  
goodperson36

Is This The End of Prepar3D v4.5

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Maybe.. I really can't tell.. NDAs

From my side I will be releasing an update of AI Lights Reborn very soon

S.

Let's see now...Rob A. seems to have enough free time to post more here at AVSIM and simbol will have a new release very soon. Now what on earth could that mean? I just love it when our favorite "military contractor and builder of weapons" gets near update time. Bring it on LM!!

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 hours ago, simbol said:

S.

Simbol’s AILR Pro Update = Pete went on holidays

😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

54 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Let's see now...Rob A. seems to have enough free time to post more here at AVSIM and simbol will have a new release very soon. Now what on earth could that mean? I just love it when our favorite "military contractor and builder of weapons" gets near update time. Bring it on LM!!

We just need the son of our favorite utility maker to go on vacation now.

16 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

We just need the son of our favorite utility maker to go on vacation now.

He surely is already "on tour" 😉

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, simbol said:

S.

Thank god! I have been trying to hold back crazily with installing addons into v5 HF2, knowing I was going to anyway trash everything and start anew when 5.1 comes out. Sounds as though I won't need to restrain myself much longer anymore.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

But “very soon” is subjective.

Just now, simbol said:

I never realised how much people can get exited by me releasing an update to AI Lights Reborn professional.. I should do this more often! 😂

Very good idea ... 🥳

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

I never realised how much people can get exited by me releasing an update to AI Lights Reborn professional.. I should do this more often! 😂

As long as there is an implied link between your update and P3D updates, people will be excited by it 😉

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, simbol said:

S.

I see what you did there. Tip of the hat.

Eric 

This reply is why @Rob_Ainscough has more reputation points than posts on this forum.

Most people outside of the developers sphere have no idea what it's like behind the scene. We're all keeping our mouths shut to at least get a chance to work with Asobo in the future and save our companies/careers. Thank you Rob for stepping up.

The only survivors in this will be companies who pilot/innovate, who have the capital to be patient and the ones fortunate enough to have the expertise to work on what this sim currently supports: sceneries, simple aircraft and external economy based systems.

Time will do its things.

We can't say we weren't aware of the scale of such a project and the impact an incomplete SDK would have on our ecosystem when they announced it. That's why most of us thought this sim was impossible and stood still until they actually released the Alpha with what felt like an SDK that was only there to look comforting to potential customers.

We're already seeing an uptick of people going back to P3D. Let's hope this puts food on the table of some of the devs out there!

Edited by Keven Menard
  • Like 21
  • Upvote 5

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Its sad if this has impacted 3PDs this badly.

Mathijs over at Aerosoft forums seems to have a different view on the SDK and Asobo's progress:

The SDK is not ready, but we (I should say hans Hartmann) are simply asking Asobo every single day how to do things and we are getting answers. Sometimes not the answers we like to get but overall we are incredibly impressed by how responsive and how productive Asobo and Microsoft are handling these things. Every single day issues are sorted out and fixed. We are close to being able to do what we did in P3D. Damned close. 

Edited by sanh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sanh said:

Mathijs over at Aerosoft forums seems to have a different view on the SDK and Asobo's progress:

The SDK is not ready, but we (I should say hans Hartmann) are simply asking Asobo every single day how to do things and we are getting answers. Sometimes not the answers we like to get but overall we are incredibly impressed by how responsive and how productive Asobo and Microsoft are handling these things. Every single day issues are sorted out and fixed. We are close to being able to do what we did in P3D. Damned close. 

Either that or he doesn't dare criticise Asobo in public. Given that they haven't released a single aircraft yet, only time will tell how close they are to the standard of their P3D aircraft, which at best were 2nd rate.

• Upvote 2

It does seem like Aerosoft has rather privileged access to Asobo.

Many other devs are saying they can't even get them to reply to e-mails. I'm not sure how Aerosoft getting that kind of access is helping anybody else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanh said:

I guess not all developers have the same privilege as Aerosoft.. 😉 which brings another point, why such preferences?  Should not all developers have the same opportunity and playing field? 

My customers don't deserve the same chances to enjoy their products on the new platform as Aerosoft customers? 

The world is upside down clearly 😂

Edited by simbol
  • Like 6