Sign in to follow this  
bowingic

GTN 650 Install Problem (resolved)

The install of my GTN 750 on my second pc was successful and is working normally...as I advised in a mail message when I queried about installing on a second pc..

However following that I'm having a problem installing my GTN 650.

I do a reinstall via the Wrapper using the GTN 650 wrapper exe downloaded from the RXP web site.

The initial notes when I start the wrapper process show that it is the GTN 650 I am about to install.

This all goes as normal except when I start X Plane  look in the plugins menu on X Plane only the GTN 750 shows?

I have tried this twice with the same result.

Can you advise on what I am doing incorrectly?

Any help appreciated

Ian Cameron

Hi,

Can you please let me know what is the content of the C:\RealityXP\ folder?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for your reply

That might be the issue... I think I copied the two lic files across from the old pc thinking that would be necessary for a reinstall on the new pc. Looking at my old pc there are also .key and Proof of Purchase htm files. 

As it is the current folder only has the following

RXP-GTN650-X9.lic

RXP-GTN750-X9.lic

rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe

As I said the GTN 750 installed and works fine (after using reinstall on the wrapper). But the 650 doesn't.

Should I just delete the folder and start a whole new fresh install for each?...(or a reinstall of each?)

Appreciate your help 

Ian Cameron

Since the GTN 650 is the one causing problem on your system, I'd suggest deleting the RXP-GTN650-X9.lic file and process with re-installation using the e-commerce installer.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks....

Deleted the .lic for the 650 and tried reinstall. Now it says product is not associated with my wrapper (or something to that effect). It has the option to enter my key file but says it then requires a 4 character password. I don't remember having ever had such a password ( I purchased the 650 with Paypal November 26  2018 order No 1422244).

Not sure how to proceed from here.

Ian Cameron

Because our e-commerce procurement partner has disabled the keys system, you'll have to make sure your purchase is associated with your F1 account first. Once done, run the e-commerce installer, enter your F1 account credentials and hit REINSTALL.