Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

How To Fly the Working Title CJ4

Have not watched it all. Need popcorn.... (And NoDoz)

• Like 9

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Now if I can just get a day free...

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

22 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

omg 2 hrs?  pfft how hard could it be.

It's not so much a how to as it is a how to and an complete systems overview at the same time.  Literally goes over every button, switch, etc. is my understanding (I'm only about 40 minutes in)

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

yah i was only kidding slightly,,, if only there was a way to make forward visibility in that thing better,, i feel like i am in apollo capsule or something,,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Have not watched it all. Need popcorn.... (And NoDoz)

My bird of choice at the moment, its really an amazing mod, flies beautifully.

Geez,  barley can take of with this plane ,I’m always fighting with the plane. Wants to go left, wants to go right..... Also the last 2 flights , when in cruise, auto pilot on , all off a sudden starts to turn sharp right and eventually just dives into the ground. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

Geez,  barley can take of with this plane ,I’m always fighting with the plane. Wants to go left, wants to go right..... Also the last 2 flights , when in cruise, auto pilot on , all off a sudden starts to turn sharp right and eventually just dives into the ground. 

Use the Working Titles mod, follow the instructions, and you'll be fine

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Use the Working Titles mod, follow the instructions, and you'll be fine

Oh believe me , i am up to date on the Working Titles mods and think there fabulous. I believe my problem is with MS2020.  

35 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

Oh believe me , i am up to date on the Working Titles mods and think there fabulous. I believe my problem is with MS2020.  

Mod conflict maybe? 

10 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

yah i was only kidding slightly,,, if only there was a way to make forward visibility in that thing better,, i feel like i am in apollo capsule or something,,

Have you hit the SPACEBAR yet? Will gain a few inches and be a tall(er) astronaut 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

Mod conflict maybe? 

Likely but have same issue (coupled with A/P won't stay on when engaged). Interestingly the only other mods installed are scenery/airports.

I don't fly this jet a whole lot...but do you guys think it's capable on vatsim or Pilot Edge?  Or is that still not really possible with the avionics?  The Longitude, which I prefer because it looks cooler and is faster, is basically a screenshot aircraft lol... the navigation is worthless online.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

37 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Likely but have same issue (coupled with A/P won't stay on when engaged). Interestingly the only other mods installed are scenery/airports.

Check your controller assignments...   have a look when you start the sim and see if the rudder pedals are twitching in the cockpit.   If so, you have a controller conflict.   It could also be that if you are using twist for the rudder on a joystick, the contacts have got dirty..  just twist the joystick left/right a number of times to clean it...   but my guess would be controller conflict.

I had the same, and cleaning the conflicts and making sure the contacts were clean stopped all the faffing around in the air and the A/P disconnecting.

You will see.. if you look that there are assignments on the keyboard for rudder..  things like auto-center, etc etc.. remove them ALL if you are using a rudder controller 🙂

Another indication that you have a conflict or dirty contacts, is suddenly veering left or right when taxiing before flight.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 minute ago, Moria15 said:

Check your controller assignments...   have a look when you start the sim and see if the rudder pedals are twitching in the cockpit.   If so, you have a controller conflict.   It could also be that if you are using twist for the rudder on a joystick, the contacts have got dirty..  just twist the joystick left/right a number of times to clean it...   but my guess would be controller conflict.

I had the same, and cleaning the conflicts and making sure the contacts were clean stopped all the faffing around in the air and the A/P disconnecting.

Graham

Have an older CH yoke and pedals, and I am sure it needs to be cleaned (or more). Do not get any twitching, however the right pedal looks depressed a bit when viewing down. At slow speed rudder works ok, but gets totally wild after about 20kts.  Unfortunately the new Honeycomb replacement arrived DOA 😞