Sign in to follow this  
Maaarp

WAMA ver 1.19 b06 won't start

Hi there,

Yesterday I bought a copy of WAMA and have installed the P3D 44 version (I'm running P3D 4.5) and I can't get it to start. I also ran both of the MS residistributable files as well. At the moment all that's happening when I run the executable is the Windows spinning circle thing and no response from the application.

Do you have any suggestions how I might fix this?

Many thanks

Warwick

Sorry, no idea. These apps are usually very reliable.

To rule out a broken config file, please delete all folders 

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\WhereAreMyAircraft*

(there will be more than one with different endings)

If that doesn't help, please send an email with your order number and shop where you bought it to the address that is on the last page of the manual. Please check if there is an error message in the Windows application event log and/or a logfile in Documents\WhereAreMyAircraft Files.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks Lorby, I'll try that later today. Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling might help too. The fact that this is unusual suggests that there's something going wrong at my end.

Will report back.

Cheers

Warwick

Solved! I had the install files running in a folder excempt from Avast Antivirus, but it still screwed things up. Once I switched all Avast shields off, I was able to install properly.

Cheers

Warwick